I know where you're coming from Brian.  I often find myself wondering why.  Why someone you love, who is young and healthy, full of life, and never did anything to upset anyone, gets sick and then dies.  Then I get bloody angry. Not at people. Just at life, and that while it was happening I felt like there was nothing I could do. The whole cancer thing sucks.  

I don't drink at home, because I don't want to it to become a way to manage the empty feeling that grief gives you, but hell, sometimes it would be a good short term fix. ?

I can proudly say that, other than the  Great Tasmanian Hibachi Incident of 2015, I've not  drank enough to say "that's enough".

theres a few spots in sydney where the bloody Ibis roost. they can inflict that pain in one night 

have a look at the shit on the road , its mostly fresh

beware or better still be aware of where you park

2015 !!!  glad it's over, but it goes on.

This is my year….A prostate infection, heart tests (father), two heart stents (father), two broken hips (mother), alzhiemers (mother), type 2 diabetes (uncle), kidney and bladder bleeding (same uncle) causing death (on warfarin), neighbour died of kidney failure and internal bleeding (on warfarin). Ok, the uncle was 89 and the neighbour was 92, and an aunty collapsed and ended up in hospital.

If you know of anyone on Warfarin (an anticoagulant) get them off it.

and spent the last 6 weeks working with a builder, to rebuild a swimming pool, so it can free him up to refurbish the parents bathroom (see above reasons)

and his is why it has taken so long to instal an air con system into a 930 and stopped me from attending PFA events.

Appologies but I have had a couple of scotches tonight and feeling a bit agro and needed to vent

In the parents street there is a car, of unknown origin, parked on the footpath, which has been reported to police, but they cannot do anything, so have passed it onto the warden.  Useless !!

I also know where you're coming from, didn't seem right to click the like button on your comment.

It's just God's way of showing me how much he loves me !

I lost my wife in 2010 due to internal bleeding that couldn't be stopped during surgery. She had been on Warfarin for most of her 41 years because of a congenital heart condition.

I nearly punched a work department priest who tried to tell me "we don't question the lord, it's just her time"

Sorry if I offended anyone, this shit just gets me depressed.

Well, I'm trying to replace a toilet and the old one is forged to the floor I assume with lava from pre Cambrian times. Off to hardware shop for a bigger hammer.

small beer next to other peoples downers but it's what's bugging me today.

I also know where you're coming from, didn't seem right to click the like button on your comment.

It's just God's way of showing me how much he loves me !

I lost my wife in 2010 due to internal bleeding that couldn't be stopped during surgery. She had been on Warfarin for most of her 41 years because of a congenital heart condition.

I nearly punched a work department priest who tried to tell me "we don't question the lord, it's just her time"

Sorry if I offended anyone, this shit just gets me depressed.

Thanks guys.  I just needed to get the last 14 months of my chest.  Didn't mean to drag everyone else down.

Well, I'm trying to replace a toilet and the old one is forged to the floor I assume with lava from pre Cambrian times. Off to hardware shop for a bigger hammer.

small beer next to other peoples downers but it's what's bugging me today.

14 pounder should do it.  Hope it is Lava !!

small beer…...It's all relative.

Meh I got a new hammer.  Stupidly went for a cheapie and broke it after a few swings.  But got the job done with the ole Cheney and cold chisel.  A massive mound of cement that the whole pan sat on. Never seen anything like it.  Now I have to get a tiler in to fix all the tiles I broke as well.

If you know of anyone on Warfarin (an anticoagulant) get them off it.

Actually doctors worry more about thrombosis (strokes , heart attacks etc) than bleeding on warfarin (which can be prevented/mitigated with regular monitoring and can also be reversed with Vitamin K if a bit "overfull"). The new whizz bang warfarin substitute cannot be reversed , however. Get a good doctor,  they are as valuable as a good mechanic.

But I understand your sadness , frustration and maybe anger. It's normal.

We are currently building a brand new house in a brand new sub-division. Trying to arrange a phone/ internet connection only to be told that no internet connection is available!! WTF! Only thing we can get is mobile broadband or satellite!! Mobile broadband for much more $$$ with less speed and data!! Not happy! Now trying to figure who has the best mobile data package? Any ideas.....

We built new in a new subdivision 20 years ago.  The developer had all the phone, cable tv and power services installed underground along the street.  We couldn't connect until after we'd moved in.  Is yours the same?

We built new in a new subdivision 20 years ago.  The developer had all the phone, cable tv and power services installed underground along the street.  We couldn't connect until after we'd moved in.  Is yours the same?

We did the same just up the road from you Harvs and we have copper but no glass.

So satelite for Foxtel and crappy speeds on the interweb

No, we can have a phone line (that is all underground) but there is no internet capability for the whole suburb (out of date exchange most likely ??)... bit of a sham really....

We did the same just up the road from you Harvs and we have copper but no glass.

So satelite for Foxtel and crappy speeds on the interweb

Apparently there is FOXTEL cable right to my house but recently they chose to use satellite for a free install/3 month trial.  Perhaps the old copper line is already redundant. 

Apparently there is FOXTEL cable right to my house but recently they chose to use satellite for a free install/3 month trial.  Perhaps the old copper line is already redundant. 

go cable if you can and you'll get all of the FTA channels as well.

not so on satellite 

We are currently building a brand new house in a brand new sub-division. Trying to arrange a phone/ internet connection only to be told that no internet connection is available!! WTF! Only thing we can get is mobile broadband or satellite!! Mobile broadband for much more $$$ with less speed and data!! Not happy! Now trying to figure who has the best mobile data package? Any ideas.....

all new developments should come with Nbn?  Perhaps it's a bit 'rural'.  What about fixed wireless nbn?  Is that available or coming soon?  You can check the rollout online by putting in your address.

as for mobile data packages....first establish which provider gives the best connectivity, then worry about price.  You can buy 12 month prepaid in advance.  Works well but you won't be using Netflix anytime soon.

all new developments should come with Nbn?  Perhaps it's a bit 'rural'.  What about fixed wireless nbn?  Is that available or coming soon?  You can check the rollout online by putting in your address.

as for mobile data packages....first establish which provider gives the best connectivity, then worry about price.  You can buy 12 month prepaid in advance.  Works well but you won't be using Netflix anytime soon.

Not in this part of the world! All I can get via any sort of cable is a phone service, no internet of any kind at all!

I work from home and need to email/ download all sorts of files (cad files etc), I don't need to watch movies

Telstra do not know when they will be able to provide any service... from the rollout map "The nbn™ network rollout has not started in your area. Keep checking the website for more information." Not very helpful......

Not a lot of info readily available about what anyone offers. Telstra seem to be the best and they generally have the best coverage in Tas

It is much more expensive (any of them) than a fixed line......

I could have told you that. At least your closer to the tower... that works 75% of the time according to the contract.

As you may know we are back in the queue for Mr NBN who didn't show up. Another 5 weeks.

I could have told you that. At least your closer to the tower... that works 75% of the time according to the contract.

As you may know we are back in the queue for Mr NBN who didn't show up. Another 5 weeks.

Not so sure that we will be any closer....

At least you have the NBN there/ coming soon....

Not so sure that we will be any closer....

At least you have the NBN there/ coming soon....

Look up "Woodbridge" 'cos that's what we get right now.

I'm not sure "coming soon" is anything more than youthful optimism!

I have had bad experience with "contractors" and tradies which is why where possible I DIY, thus:

a-book-fell-on-my-head-i-can-only-blame-

go cable if you can and you'll get all of the FTA channels as well.

not so on satellite 

Moot point really.  Its going back at the end of the free period.  Not worth the money for the few times a week I actually use it.  FTA and catch-up services cover most of what I watch anyway.

Moot point really.  Its going back at the end of the free period.  Not worth the money for the few times a week I actually use it.  FTA and catch-up services cover most of what I watch anyway.

Netflix has proven to be pretty good value for money in our house.

Heaps of docos for me the kids find stuff they like and @ $15 a month its almost free

Time to scale back foxtel

Not in this part of the world! All I can get via any sort of cable is a phone service, no internet of any kind at all!

I work from home and need to email/ download all sorts of files (cad files etc), I don't need to watch movies

Telstra do not know when they will be able to provide any service... from the rollout map "The nbn™ network rollout has not started in your area. Keep checking the website for more information." Not very helpful......

Not a lot of info readily available about what anyone offers. Telstra seem to be the best and they generally have the best coverage in Tas

It is much more expensive (any of them) than a fixed line......

best bet is a 4g wifi hotspot modem from Telstra and the best data package you can get.

hoepfully the money you saved by buying away from the city won't all be lost in paying for data.  4g wireless actually beats the majority of fixed line internet access outside of cable/fibre areas anyway.  It's good for upload because it's not 'async' as in ADSL.  Meaning you get fast speed up and down.

best bet is a 4g wifi hotspot modem from Telstra and the best data package you can get.

hoepfully the money you saved by buying away from the city won't all be lost in paying for data.  4g wireless actually beats the majority of fixed line internet access outside of cable/fibre areas anyway.  It's good for upload because it's not 'async' as in ADSL.  Meaning you get fast speed up and down.

Thanks, that is the one that seemed best to me :)

We are not away from the city (and probably could have bought closer for less money), about 15 mins and closer than where I currently live and where I lived in the past - both of which have good internet. Just one of those things. It is a smaller suburb but very close to lots of other suburbs, (5 mins). Just slack Telstra.....

I just need a very reliable, but not always super quick, service.

I'm hearing you tazzie people who don't show up when they tell you they will with no explanation really gets my goat, what, i've got nothing better to do than waste my life waiting around.

Thanks, that is the one that seemed best to me :)

We are not away from the city (and probably could have bought closer for less money), about 15 mins and closer than where I currently live and where I lived in the past - both of which have good internet. Just one of those things. It is a smaller suburb but very close to lots of other suburbs, (5 mins). Just slack Telstra.....

I just need a very reliable, but not always super quick, service.

As far as i knew ANF, the NBN is provided by the government and when you get NBN, telstra connect the phone line to the NBN node.

As far as i knew ANF, the NBN is provided by the government and when you get NBN, telstra connect the phone line to the NBN node.

Yes that sounds right, it is just that everyone usually has some form of landline internet prior to the NBN coming, we have nothing.