• 1 month later...

Kicking off the new year by being dudded on a car purchase.  3.2 Carrera. 

Price agreed, deposit sent, pickup date agreed, flight booked - then comes the message saying someone has offered more and I’ll need to ante up to get the car. 

I replied that I would honour our original deal - and so should he.  Nope. Sold out from under me - so much for a man’s word being his bond. 

Now trying to get my deposit back. 

Why do scumbags have to make simple transactions so complicated!

You need to use a good lawyer and threaten.... Do you know any? 🤣

Or, use some of your motorcycle friends to lean on them a little, then a lot.....

Or use the plane ticket to go there anyway and vent in person.

I don’t know what it is but I’ve had that happen to me at least twice maybe 3 or 4 times as I try my best to move on despite at the time getting frustrated. 

I’d like to think I’m a man of my word. I hope those that aren’t get shafted as they do others. 

I get first in best dressed thing and in recent times I’ve not been interested in receiving or giving deposits- I’ll see you when I get there and give it in full as there is often stall tactics with a deposit even! I’ll pay you in 2 weeks, no, 4! Etc etc.

Jerks! Ah well- just think it was just a dream and you never were going to get the car @OBRUT

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

Kicking off the new year by being dudded on a car purchase.  3.2 Carrera. 

Price agreed, deposit sent, pickup date agreed, flight booked - then comes the message saying someone has offered more and I’ll need to ante up to get the car. 

I replied that I would honour our original deal - and so should he.  Nope. Sold out from under me - so much for a man’s word being his bond. 

Now trying to get my deposit back. 

Why do scumbags have to make simple transactions so complicated!

Because as you stated "Scumbag"

Thank you for putting up with my venting.

It’s super frustrating. I’ve been in his situation several times before and always done the right thing. I always think about how I would explain my actions to my (late)) father if I reneged. Simple, I wouldn’t be able to. 

Shake a hand or give your word - deal is done. 

If my offer wasn’t good enough then all he had to do was decline. Simple!

It's happened to me a few times but then other times it's all gone swimmingly well. You try to use your radar to sort them out but it fails from time to time 

It's frustrating and annoying and I like you Ryan just couldn't do anything like that to anyone else. 

3 minutes ago, jakroo said:

It's happened to me a few times but then other times it's all gone swimmingly well. You try to use your radar to sort them out but it fails from time to time 

It's frustrating and annoying and I like you Ryan just couldn't do anything like that to anyone else. 

Yep, it’s nearly always gone smoothly for me too - including quite a few international buys and sells. 

Fkn WANKER! 

Sadly Ryan, that's how people are these days mate. I very rarely trust anyone now, though I did recently with buying 4 cd's you can longer get for $50. He showed 2 of them to me unscratched etc, so I took his work the others were fine.

Yeah well, 2 work fine on the way home, but the other 2 are copies with photocopied labels 😅🙄

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

You need to use a good lawyer and threaten.... Do you know any? 🤣

Or, use some of your motorcycle friends to lean on them a little, then a lot.....

Or use the plane ticket to go there anyway and vent in person.

I like these ideas 👍

16 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Update. Deposit now returned.  

Ok great, that's the best outcome from the appalling situation he caused. Now on every social media platform you can, dox the cnt in every full detail you have of him! Sht blokes like him need to be named n shamed!

1 hour ago, Joz said:

Wow so what is a deposit for if it can’t secure a sale?

Apparently leverage to get a higher price out of the next guy?? 😁

All jokes aside, it's a dog act... Had guys offer extra after I took a deposit on a recent sale. Offers weren't even entertained because it's just not the way to do it. Clearly not everyone feels the same 🙄

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

Still sitting on carsales…

Surprised much? 

Hopefully ol mate buyer hadn't organised the readies to buy it, and Mr Wanker ends up sending you a text to accept your offer.

I'd offer 10 grand less than what you did just to piss him off...but that's spiteful me 😅