6 minutes ago, LeeM said:

@sjm A mate shopped around and signed on for 12 months with some mob. After a few months his payments more than doubled, as he didn't read the fine print where it said they can increase it without warning, so he's now in the same boat.

Yeah the weird thing is you are getting it up the clacker with it and up the clacker with out it :(

8 minutes ago, tomo said:

Yeah the weird thing is you are getting it up the clacker with it and up the clacker with out it :(

Which is why I haven't even bothered looking around lately mate.

Apparently I'm at an age (56) where I'm a liability, so the prices I've been quoted are pretty horrendous and just not viable. 

Thing is Mate, Thier all going up, And if something does go wrong you will just about have to sell the Porka topay the bills, If i did not have the insurance cover for my misadventure Yesterday I would have close to 8 k out of pocket:(

13 hours ago, sleazius said:

Get a good Physio - my cousin had very similar surgery last year, recovery was about half what they said because he did his exercises every day, and went to Physio every week.

Try an Osteopath instead of physio..........took me 40 years to work out what an Osteo does and I will never go back to a physio/chiro/massueuse

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Which is why I haven't even bothered looking around lately mate.

Apparently I'm at an age (56) where I'm a liability, so the prices I've been quoted are pretty horrendous and just not viable. 

Try a vet . I spent $16000 on my dog this year . Kids want another dog but I can't afford it 

9 hours ago, Dalai said:

Good luck. I recommend doing the rehab religiously and move the shoulder as soon as allowed.

I broke my collarbone going over the bars at 60km/hr racing on the velodrome back in 2014. Took a couple of weeks to see a surgeon and get it plated as happened around Easter. Then 8 weeks post op to revisit the surgeon because he was fully booked.

I ended up with a frozen shoulder as I didn't move it between the operation and seeing the surgeon! 16 physio sessions later and the most unbearable pain as he slowly managed to regain movement... Some days I'd have to tap out as I just couldn't take it.

Thanks Dalai

I hope your shoulder is all good now.

I'll definitely follow the rehab plan and get it moving as soon as allowed.

I've been reading lots and watching people's rehab videos on youtube (4, 8, 12 week updates etc) of what exercises they are doing and how the rehab progresses.  The recommendations like yours is to take the sling off when allowed and dangle the arm with gravity like a pendulum to keep the shoulder moving without risking the surgery site.

Thanks again.

41 minutes ago, Diamond911 said:

Thanks Dalai

I hope your shoulder is all good now.

Yes, all good now and full mobility.

Only issue is one screw sticks up slightly so can be a bother wearing a pack even now... I was going to get the plate and screws removed the following year but my wife was diagnosed with cancer so didn't follow through with it... Probably just going to leave it in as I'm used to it now.

6 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Try a vet . I spent $16000 on my dog this year . Kids want another dog but I can't afford it 

Crikey! 😳

You'll have to sell the new car soon mate.

Yeah @tomo, going to get the missus onto it, as she used to be in the insurance game and knows all the jargon. I can't be arsed with it

30 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Crikey! 😳

You'll have to sell the new car soon mate.

Yeah @tomo, going to get the missus onto it, as she used to be in the insurance game and knows all the jargon. I can't be arsed with it

Staffies are just a bowling ball with toothpicks for legs not great for chasing a tennis balls. She fucked both of them 

7 hours ago, wilson59 said:

WHAT?!?! 😳😳😳 FMD! I worked out we spent over $40k on our 2 before they had passed, but that was over 16 yrs, not $16k over 1yr!  I loved my dogs, but… I’m coming back as a medico - animals or humans, doesn’t matter.

2 minutes ago, Kerry said:

WHAT?!?! 😳😳😳 FMD! I worked out we spent over $40k on our 2 before they had passed, but that was over 16 yrs, not $16k over 1yr!  I loved my dogs, but… I’m coming back as a medico - animals or humans, doesn’t matter.

I blame the wife . So far two legs two night stay in dog hospital due to gastro and another visit due to eating Fentanyl Patch from last leg op .

1 minute ago, wilson59 said:

I blame the wife . So far two legs two night stay in dog hospital due to gastro and another visit due to eating Fentanyl Patch from last leg op .

$16k?! You should have eaten the patch!

What happened to the days when the dog just ate your bag of weed and then just slept it off for a month?

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Niko said:

So trying to park at Como Park today for the 901, 356 register display    Was a PITA  However apparently you can just park anywhere if you have a red car like this.   😵💫9C95D86F-5E79-46F4-A7FF-00F5CA6F08C9.thumb.jpeg.d3fe05fc936bd0c5f1f9d961ec57fe17.jpeg

But he’s in the “SPECIAL” people’s car park.

It’s “no standing” for us ordinary people.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, LeeM said:

That doesn't sound like much fun @tomo

Wasn't a good start to the holidays for me either, coming down with a stomach bug then crook with 'it' a few days before Xmas 🙄

Still not that flash and not back at work yet

That sucks Lee, on a positive note, not back at work yet!😁

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

That doesn't sound like much fun @tomo

Wasn't a good start to the holidays for me either, coming down with a stomach bug then crook with 'it' a few days before Xmas 🙄

Still not that flash and not back at work yet

That's no good Mate ,Luckerly " It" is about the only thing I have not had ☺️

1 hour ago, sjm said:

That sucks Lee, on a positive note, not back at work yet!😁

Yeah I really wouldn't recommend "it" mate.

I've had enough of busting my arse, so I'm backing off working a fair bit this year. Can't afford it at all, but to me physical and mental health is more important these days

Exactly Lee. That's why I retired early (58). I had a gutful of customers abusing me and me not allowed to hit the f@#kers back.

Got into trouble a few times for telling them where to go but it was the punches or equipment thrown at me and not being able to retaliate with physical force that said f@#k you to the system, i'm out of here. Best thing I ever did.

BTW for those thinking bloody hell what sort of work was he in, I worked for Centrelink for over 30 years. Need I say more. The human garbage that came into my office was astounding.

Anyway Lee I hope you're feeling better. Also might have something you may be interested in. I will PM you.

Cheers Alex. I'm getting there gradually.

I can imagine what dealing with the dole bludger gronks would be like, as I've dealt with them whilst doing housing trust maintenance. Always want something for nothing and expect it all handed to them on a silver platter.

Building industry is no different when the big bosses want it all done for bugger all to make their money. Just had a chat with the mob I was contracting to who have lost loads of loyal guys due to being constantly pushed every day, and need me back there asap.

They have a huge school maintenance contract they can't possibly keep up with, yet they say they can only pay $XX an hour. Being as I know the big boss of the company who has employed them to do the maintenance (I did a load of work at his own house), he told me what they pay them per hour. A lot more than what they've offered me, so I told them double it or I'm not interested! It's no wonder trades are leaving the industry when developers and the like aren't paying what they should be, but the business owners get the sooks on? Anyone in this game knows the only ones making bank are the ones who don't lift a finger, but expect it all done on time and under budget. Does my head in.

I'm not that old being a recently turned 57, yet I'm tired physically and mentally. Most guys I know that are 20 or 30 years younger always say they don't know how I keep up, but I don't really have a choice, so I have to try and do something else within the industry that I like without busting my arse every day, as I don't want to be 60/65 and on deaths door thanks