On 10/10/2021 at 16:47, LeeM said:

Sorry, I went off track there during the long winded whinge, but I've just done a load of gardening, and have been thinking about it all day. Whoever said gardening is therapeutic is fkn lying! 😅

So i left work on the 27 Oct, have not looked back or regretted it for 1 second.

From the sound of it Lee this is going to do your head in if you don't move on.

The only person who gives a flying F!@K about you, is you. Do something about it mate, don't linger in a toxic environment, i did and now i am free.

Try it mate it's very liberating.

2 hours ago, TINGY said:

So i left work on the 27 Oct, have not looked back or regretted it for 1 second.

From the sound of it Lee this is going to do your head in if you don't move on.

The only person who gives a flying F!@K about you, is you. Do something about it mate, don't linger in a toxic environment, i did and now i am free.

Try it mate it's very liberating.

Yeah, doing that in the new year mate. Can't afford to retire, but I can afford to rein it in a bit more 😁

This past 2 weeks, I've been offered two positions. One by a contractor to just do kitchen demo's and small wall repairs (which is easy work I do a lot of now), plus assist him installing kitchen panels etc. Nothing big, yet it's $10 more per hour. The other offer is as a casual employee on $10 more per hour than I am on now as a contractor, plus a fuel card or full time use of their van, tool allowance, AND decide how many days per week I want to work. The small company owner I know very well and have worked with a lot on various sites this past 2 years, and he always puts his employees first before anything else, plus he's a funny bloke I get along very well with.

Personally, I'm a loyal kinda bloke who will (mostly) go out of his way to help others, yet business owners incessantly taking advantage of that usually ends badly for both parties.

With my work life/contractor hat on, I've needed to smarten up and tell them what I want, not the other way around, yet they're not listening and I keep getting fkd around which the boss knows has changed me and my friendly, carefree nature. I'm sure they're not going to like what I tell them after the Xmas break that I'll only be available 3 or 4 days a week and I want an extra $10/hour, as to be frank, I do a lot of jobs that noone else either wants, or has the experience to do. I'm not a licensed chippy, more of a Jack of all trades, master of none, yet if they don't like my offer then I'm off, yet I also know for a fact they can't afford to lose me which puts the ball in my court. That might sound a bit arrogant to a business owner who is providing me work, but I really don't care now, as I'm not a charity or a volunteer happy to donate his time to help someone else buy their million dollar river shack or flashy new car. For someone like me who doesn't need to earn a squillion bucks to be happy, there's PLENTY of work in the building/renovation game.

As an example. I did a rare for me (can't be arsed) cash job, replacing x 2 door architraves and one 2400mm piece of straight skirting the other Saturday morning for someone who had been quoted $1500 (by another company, not the one I work for as I wouldn't cut their lunch). I halved that quote and made roughly 2 days normal wage...in 2 hours! They're stoked to save money, I'm happy to earn it, we all win.

Live to work, or work to live? I know the answer to that one

(Sorry it's long winded)

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Yeah, doing that in the new year mate. Can't afford to retire, but I can afford to rein it in a bit more 😁

This past 2 weeks, I've been offered two positions. One by a contractor to just do kitchen demo's and small wall repairs (which is easy work I do a lot of now), plus assist him installing kitchen panels etc. Nothing big, yet it's $10 more per hour. The other offer is as a casual employee on $10 more per hour than I am on now as a contractor, plus a fuel card or full time use of their van, tool allowance, AND decide how many days per week I want to work. The small company owner I know very well and have worked with a lot on various sites this past 2 years, and he always puts his employees first before anything else, plus he's a funny bloke I get along very well with.

Personally, I'm a loyal kinda bloke who will (mostly) go out of his way to help others, yet business owners incessantly taking advantage of that usually ends badly for both parties.

With my work life/contractor hat on, I've needed to smarten up and tell them what I want, not the other way around, yet they're not listening and I keep getting fkd around which the boss knows has changed me and my friendly, carefree nature. I'm sure they're not going to like what I tell them after the Xmas break that I'll only be available 3 or 4 days a week and I want an extra $10/hour, as to be frank, I do a lot of jobs that noone else either wants, or has the experience to do. I'm not a licensed chippy, more of a Jack of all trades, master of none, yet if they don't like my offer then I'm off, yet I also know for a fact they can't afford to lose me which puts the ball in my court. That might sound a bit arrogant to a business owner who is providing me work, but I really don't care now, as I'm not a charity or a volunteer happy to donate his time to help someone else buy their million dollar river shack or flashy new car. For someone like me who doesn't need to earn a squillion bucks to be happy, there's PLENTY of work in the building/renovation game.

As an example. I did a rare for me (can't be arsed) cash job, replacing x 2 door architraves and one 2400mm piece of straight skirting the other Saturday morning for someone who had been quoted $1500 (by another company, not the one I work for as I wouldn't cut their lunch). I halved that quote and made roughly 2 days normal wage...in 2 hours! They're stoked to save money, I'm happy to earn it, we all win.

Live to work, or work to live? I know the answer to that one

(Sorry it's long winded)

Do it Lee, time for you not them now. I’m considering similar though current company I subbie for are fair and don’t stress me. The way it should be!

2 hours ago, sjm said:

Do it Lee, time for you not them now. I’m considering similar though current company I subbie for are fair and don’t stress me. The way it should be!

Thought of you on Fridays shit of a roofing job. Never again! 

Cheers mate 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, this smart tv/wifi thing is bullshit! 

Worked great for the first coupla weeks or so, now it keeps dropping out saying "Can't connect to the internet" every now n then. Everything else on wifi is working, no internet is down, new modem and line check is fine, and apparently the TV is operating correctly after doing a systems check! 

F..k I hate technology 🖕

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Seriously, this smart tv/wifi thing is bullshit! 

Worked great for the first coupla weeks or so, now it keeps dropping out saying "Can't connect to the internet" every now n then. Everything else on wifi is working, no internet is down, new modem and line check is fine, and apparently the TV is operating correctly after doing a systems check! 

F..k I hate technology 🖕

Reboot ya box ,all  the shit will work bar your streaming, turn off your telly ,modem, all the shit off ,disconnect your lan cable to the modem  wait a minute , turn all the shit back on should be good too  go  :)

12 hours ago, tomo said:

Reboot ya box ,all  the shit will work bar your streaming, turn off your telly ,modem, all the shit off ,disconnect your lan cable to the modem  wait a minute , turn all the shit back on should be good too  go  :)

Thanks mate, will have a crack.

Had the other 'smart' TV going in another room I can see from the lounge, and that never went off when the Samsung did in the loungeroom which has a direct line of sight to the modem, so I'm thinking it might be the tv? Or is it just what you say and a connection issue? Will give it a try later 👍

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Thanks mate, will have a crack.

Had the other 'smart' TV going in another room I can see from the lounge, and that never went off when the Samsung did in the loungeroom which has a direct line of sight to the modem, so I'm thinking it might be the tv? Or is it just what you say and a connection issue? Will give it a try later 👍

Smart TV's have a reset button on the back, google your TV and it should show you how to reset it, you shouldn't have to login again or anything it will remember all your stuff.

Sometimes  it seem's like the signal to the modem is not getting accepted by the modem ,And a reboot the lot approach generally fixes it beyond that you might need one of them tech's that started the problem in the first  place  😀

1 hour ago, tomo said:

Sometimes  it seem's like the signal to the modem is not getting accepted by the modem ,And a reboot the lot approach generally fixes it beyond that you might need one of them tech's that started the problem in the first  place  😀

Or a baseball bat!

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Not to sure where to put this but here is good enough. Why do people do this to classic cars but especially Porsches.

Check this video especially from 13:30 mark.

Had a nutbag like that living next door to me a few years back,when quizzed about the cars he genuinely believed he was going to do them up, no porsches but a few nice mercs, including a 450 Sedan and a few BM’s, the council eventually took charge and they all ended up at the tip or wherever they took them, cost him over 40k for the cleanup 

I watched that one earlier, yeah it's just sad.  Sad for the guy and sad for the vehicles.  He was very enthusiastic about each and every one of them, giving all the special details and the full sales spiel as if they were still desirable - for example about the MX5's which were sitting there outdoors WITH THE ROOF DOWN for a decade or two (not to mention the garage roof collapsed on them).  Or the BMW, which was mostly burnt out, saying how good the engine gearbox and diff (in the fully burnt bit) were.  The power of denial.  Amazing.

You'd think only the 911 was worth saving?  Even that one, did anyone else notice the caved-in roof?  Are 912's worth enough to bother trying to revive that one, even if it's not as badly rusted as it presumably is?  Everything else, pretty much straight to the scrappies, some parts that are still useable salvaged at best.

6 hours ago, st3ve said:

Are 912's worth enough to bother trying to revive that one, even if it's not as badly rusted as it presumably is? 

Mate, there's people in this world that love a challenge, especially when it comes to old Porsches...or they're just wealthy masochists! 

And that 912 would be a 1966 model, as they weren't available in 1965, and the 5 gauges were a factory option

I guess some youtuber could make a 'garden 912 resto' vid out of it.  :D  It did look surprisingly not terrible I guess - considering it had to be hacked out of the undergrowth with a hedge trimmer!  It would certainly be a hell of a project.

What is a 66 912 worth if fully restored?  But like you say, these are often not economically rational decisions.  Been there, done that (with motorbikes at least).

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, tomo said:

Had the miss fortune to have come inside( While I can still walk) :) turn on the tely and one of those car moves is on ( fast 5) honestly how can any one watch that shit. FF Sake, are we all that stupid .

😅 I've only seen the first one, and that was bad enough. 

Went for a bike ride on Tuesday with a mate coming back from Wollimbi pub to Kullnura  there was a small tiptruck an suv and a guy towing a trailer then me. The guy in the suv decides to overtake the truck over double lines up and over a hill if a biker was coming the other way he'd be gone. I ride this road often and its bad enough without idiots doing this.