30 minutes ago, WGA said:

I don't think anybody needs to worry about ICUs being overwhelmed. Australia has around 2300 ICU beds.

You should talk to the local South Australian paramedics, nurses and doctors about that one mate. Pretty sure they will disagree with you there! It's a very hot topic here at the moment

55 minutes ago, LeeM said:

You should talk to the local South Australian paramedics, nurses and doctors about that one mate. Pretty sure they will disagree with you there! It's a very hot topic here at the moment

FYI, These are official figures. The exact numbers are 191 intensive care units in Australia, with a total of 2,378 available intensive care beds during baseline activity.

These can be quickly expanded to over 4,000 beds in an emergency.

11 minutes ago, WGA said:

FYI, These are official figures. The exact numbers are 191 intensive care units in Australia, with a total of 2,378 available intensive care beds during baseline activity.

Not denying the figures mate 👍

My point being is part of your reply, in that they can expand the number of available beds in an emergency, yet when multiple ambulances are being ramped for hours every day at South Australia's multi billion dollar hospital denying the public receive instant care, all because the idiotic government have their heads in their collectives arses about saving money, you have to question whether they actually would open some beds up in an emergency. Anyone can create a spreadsheet to show XY and Z to make them look good, yet the facts are that what is told and shown by the polticians and statistics keepers, is just to keep everyone happy and make them look like they're actually doing something right when they're not

1 minute ago, LeeM said:

Not denying the figures mate 👍

My point being is part of your reply, in that they can expand the number of available beds in an emergency, yet when multiple ambulances are being ramped for hours every day at South Australia's multi billion dollar hospital denying the public receive instant care, all because the idiotic government have their heads in their collectives arses about saving money, you have to question whether they actually would open some beds up in an emergency. Anyone can create a spreadsheet to show XY and Z to make them look good, yet the facts are that what is told and shown by the polticians and statistics keepers, is just to keep everyone happy and make them look like they're actually doing something right when they're not

That's the problem, everyone loves a fluffy story:(

57 minutes ago, WGA said:

Thats hardly enough beds to cover a major emergency in Victoria alone. Didn't they set up an 10000 bed intensive care unit in Wuhan at the start of the epidemic in ten days to handle the the original  outbrake? So you can see why everyone is being carefull with this Delta strain as its worse than the original .

11 hours ago, Dalai said:

Had my first AZ dose Monday. Online booking was simple but that was only for AZ from what I could see.

4 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

Got some good info from Dalai today, followed the prompts online , got a call 4 pm , booked for the shot tomorrow morning. I don’t think much of vaccines , however , unless we all get the shot , we will go jo jo style in and out of lock down , no travel , and NO SMT RUNS. Get it done.😎✈️🏎

Can you share a link to where you booked so quickly -  everywhere I’ve looked doesn’t allow on line bookings other than my local GP where I had a 4 week lead time, that’s about 2 weeks away.  not the end of the world but I’d have it tomorrow just to get it out of the way.  AZ shots are 3m apart so the sooner I start the better. 

I went via the following link

https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility

After entering my age (over 50) it allowed me to then select the Make a Booking button. Was able to enter a local postcode and then filter by availability. That allowed to me find a local medical centre that had bookings under 7 days.

When checking the link to confirm details for Arne this morning there was still an option local to me with availability within 2 days.  

Workmates brother got the AZ shot yesterday, today his work had to get him an uber cab home as he couldn't open his eyes and now can't lift his right arm. Hopefully it won't last for too long.

He is 47yrs old. He didn't want AZ but, doctor said chances of anything happening too small. You'll be right. 

Good luck everyone getting the jab. Try and get one best suited to your age group.

Last but not least, if your watching the Pies in SA DON'T touch the ball if it goes into crowd 🤣🤣 From SA's chief health officer 🤣

5 minutes ago, PDean said:

Workmates brother got the AZ shot yesterday, today his work had to get him an uber cab home as he couldn't open his eyes and now can't lift his right arm. Hopefully it won't last for too long.

He is 47yrs old. He didn't want AZ but, doctor said chances of anything happening too small. You'll be right. 

Good luck everyone getting the jab. Try and get one best suited to your age group.

Last but not least, if your watching the Pies in SA DON'T touch the ball if it goes into crowd 🤣🤣 From SA's chief health officer 🤣

More temporary side affects of AZ are mild to severe long lasting headaches and numbness of the legs.  Didn’t bother my brother-in-law, he can’t feel his legs or fingers after coming off chemo.

Is the “don’t touch the ball” rule to protect the people from the dirty filthy players or the other way round ?

1 minute ago, OZ930 said:

More temporary side affects of AZ are mild to severe long lasting headaches and numbness of the legs.  Didn’t bother my brother-in-law, he can’t feel his legs or fingers after coming off chemo.

Is the “don’t touch the ball” rule to protect the people from the dirty filthy players or the other way round ?

I think it's to protect the locals from potential covidite dirty Collingwood players from Melb🤣

1 hour ago, PDean said:

Similar thing happened to Eric Clapton after getting his jabs. Feared he'd never play guitar again when he couldn't feel his hands or legs for two weeks. 

Yeah hows that for a laugh ay? DON'T TOUCH THE BALL! 😂😂😂 What a moron. Maybe they can tell the players they have to kick the ball low for goals and points to make sure it doesn't go into the crowd? 😂 Health chief Spurrier has just dug herself a massive hole that the public will ensure that she will struggle to get out of. But its ok...I'm sure the government and their background 'nodders' will help her out. I can't fathom the idiocy of her comments as a medical professional trying to justify allowing Collingwood coming over here and calling it a 'negligible risk', then has the audacity to say "Well they're doing their job they are paid to do..." What about small business owners from Victoria who can't come across to make their living? 

Again, double standards

I have had both AZ jabs and suffered zero side effects. Further, in my village where I lived in the UK until last week, almost everyone else has been vaccinated with AZ and also had zero side effects. So as with all these things, I genuinely believe it comes down to whether you are actually fit and healthy. If so, you will have no problems. If you do have any of the side effects as described above then that should be a prompt for you to look deeper because you probably have bigger problems lurking inside.

5 hours ago, WGA said:

I have had both AZ jabs and suffered zero side effects. Further, in my village where I lived in the UK until last week, almost everyone else has been vaccinated with AZ and also had zero side effects. So as with all these things, I genuinely believe it comes down to whether you are actually fit and healthy. If so, you will have no problems. If you do have any of the side effects as described above then that should be a prompt for you to look deeper because you probably have bigger problems lurking inside.

My 91 y/o Mum had AZ a month or so ago and had a day of drowsiness then back to 100% normal.  Much higher risk of blood clots from a long haul flight or pregnancy but we don’t avoid those things in fear.  

8 hours ago, PDean said:

Yeah..... boy oh boy! My only hope was that she was saying it in jest and the media managed to edit it in a fashion that made her look ...... pathetic (I think that's the kindest word that comes to mind right now)

Na.... don't think the media can take wrap on that one !

If this ball is causing the concern why not just remove it 🤪

• 4 weeks later...

Man, booking for the first time with airbnb has to go down as one of, if not THE most frustrating things I've ever done online! A 12 hour wait for them to tell me I need to upload a photo before confirmation?? Grrrr 😡

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Man, booking for the first time with airbnb has to go down as one of, if not THE most frustrating things I've ever done online! A 12 hour wait for them to tell me I need to upload a photo before confirmation?? Grrrr 😡

Yeah, And its not cheap for the privilege. 

1 hour ago, tomo said:

Yeah, And its not cheap for the privilege. 

How the hell do you get around airbnb? What a pain in the arse that was, especially getting text messages and emails at 2am! 

Just saw the online reviews which I shoulda checked before booking via their site. Looks like we paid nearly double what the property was listed for! NEVER booking through them again

12 minutes ago, LeeM said:

How the hell do you get around airbnb? What a pain in the arse that was, especially getting text messages and emails at 2am! 

Just saw the online reviews which I shoulda checked before booking via their site. Looks like we paid nearly double what the property was listed for! NEVER booking through them again

Yes , Don't know much about them, In Vic they throw " a Host" in for a couple hundred more aday, Whats with that crap, Wake up in the middle of the night and someone is sitting on chair waiting to be your host .

2 hours ago, 3legs said:

But Chucky wants to play :) 

Chucky will need to step it up, coz I take no prisoners mate! 😅

Just had the 9th email (yes NINE!) to confirm where the key is located, and they want yet another profile photo sent with more personal confirmation details. 

Lets hope its not a Ugandan prince who moonlights as a Soldier and is working part time on an oil rig to feed his starving family!