On 02/05/2021 at 22:56, ArthurK said:

.....My opinion is simply go for a 5G service if you have it available in your area and be done with it. .....

Doesn't 5G give you COVID 19 or something like that.  I'm on the outskirts of northwest Sydney and my nearest phone tower is kilometres away (my nearest neighbour is 350m away which is about the same  as most people are from the phone tower in suburbia).  I don't get mobile signal in the house or near the house so I'm not sure even wireless data is the solution....

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I need to vent this.

So Victoria is in yet another lockdown, and SA has closed the border for anyone to enter our state. Today, the top cop is threatening tougher restrictions ON SA residents for whatever reason that moron is thinking when we have no visitors from Victoria allowed in nor any covid cases, yet it gets even better. Tonight, the SA Health DICKHEADS, especially health chief Nicola Spurrier, has granted an exemption for Collingwood to come over and play a game of football. Well f..k me drunk! With them and the government losing more and more respect every day with the diatribe that seems to flow very easily from their gobs, as they keep banging on to get the vaccine, they ARE also forcing everyone to use the covid app to enter a business for 'contact tracing', yet they allow an AFL team to play, but a family can't come over to bury a relative? 

It just goes to show its them and us, and I aim that directly at all the governments around Australia, and more recently SA Health and the Police commissioner. It's not getting people onside at all. What its doing is ensuring people DON'T get the jab or download an app! Be f...ed if I'm downloading any app or getting jabbed.

I know some of you are in the medical field, and I'm sure you all have your own opinion on getting jabbed, yet with respect, please save it for those who are interested in receiving it, because I'm most certainly not and will take my chances thanks.

I'm so, so tired of all of this shit, as these dropkicks who think they know what they're doing are just all on a power trip with dictating who can do what.  F..k the lot of them in the neck 😡🖕

21 minutes ago, LeeM said:

they ARE also forcing everyone to use the covid app to enter a business for 'contact tracing', yet they allow an AFL team to play, but a family can't come over to bury a relative? 

F..k the lot of them in the neck 

I think I love you @LeeM

8 minutes ago, luzzo said:

I think I love you @LeeM

Mwah 😍

My dribble above maybe a bit strong, which I'm not sorry about, but man have I had enough of all this crap! 

There is so much else in Oz to sort out than solely concentrating on this covid bullshit. We have ambulance ramping every day because the state government won't open beds up at the new(ish) hospital to save money, yet here they are giving millions away just yesterday to sporting clubs! Telling us they want to spend $600m on a new entertainment venue in the cbd, yet they won't add more nurses and doctors!

Low income housing needs billions spent, yet they say they can't afford it? 

I can telya here n now at 56, that if I didn't need a job and the cash, I'd be living off the grid so I don't have to put up with it all. It's making me more bitter to listen to these overpaid asshats, as it's ok for them on their $400k salaries and $250/year retirement funds to tell us what we can and can't do on a daily basis. We may as well rename SA to North Korea or fkn Beijing! 😡

Rant over...maybe

I’m keen to get vaccinated and play my part to kicking Covid to the kerb.  But what a cluuuuster fuck that is.  Booked with my GP but could only get an appointment 4 weeks out (booked before the latest lockdown).  Queued on Saturday at the local hospital and the line didn’t move for 2 hours, only 2 people exited in that time.  What the fuck is going on in there.....?

Tried calling the 1800 number probably 50 times then and since and it’s “we’re busy, call back later”.  The government knew last year that vaccines were coming, why on earth, in the 6+ months they had to prepare, have they not setup an online booking system like every health provider in the country has.  instead they say it’s fine we have 500 people answering phones (for 5 million people in Vic......😂).........yet no one I know that wants the vaccine has been able to get through.

Now we discover aged care has NOT been vaccinated as they’d claimed and we’re probably about to see another run of aged care deaths there and businesses are again shut down.  I’m very happy that construction is exempt.  Makes no sense to me but I’ll take it.  Seems there is a benefit to a Labor government and their union buddies at times.....

just so tired of the political spin and point scoring between state, federal and opposition.  Tried of the absolute incompetence of these idiots to do what needs doing.  Just get your shit together and let’s put this behind us..........they say Vic lockdown is costing $1B a week and I’m about to read the news fully expecting them to extend by another week 😡😡😡😡

My Dad is presently in hospital so it has been a good chance to talk to doctors regarding this Covid.  Here is what I found out.  

Covid is here to stay as the virus mutates into new strains

The vaccine is not a once only jab, it’s an annual event, the same as a “normal” flu vaccine.

Pfizer is the better vaccine over Astra Zeneca because it acts quicker.  Two jabs in 3 weeks compared to two jabs in 3 months, thus giving coverage sooner.

All medication have side effects. Both vaccines carry the same risks, it’s the media sensationalising events.

Neither vaccine gives 100% protection.  You can still get it (and carry it) but have milder symptoms, if any.

The “new generation” vaccine should start to be rolled out in September.  Supposedly better.  His coffee was ready so had to go.

From another source....a mate talked to his doctor

the vaccines are to be alternated every year.  Pfizer one year, Astra the next and visa versa.

Members here with a medical background can confirm or deny what I have said.

I wish they would just tell everyone ALL the facts and stop all the point scoring and media beat up.

On another topic:  Queensland...Poor one day, pay rise the next 

Having recently finished chemo for bowel cancer I have done a fair bit of research into the vaccines. Now I don't profess to have any medical schooling so I can only go by what i've researched and been told by Doctors.

In summary I will never, ever get the AZ vaccine, period. OZ930 is 100% correct, you can still get Covid.

There are many other things I'd like to say but in this PC, woke world I just don't need the hassle of being hassled by imbeciles. I'm too old for that shit plus I'd get banned for what I would say ( and so would Lee because he couldn't help himself and be my wingman :) :) :)  ).

Oh BTW @LeeM, I wouldn't f@#k you even if you were sober :) 

Had my first AZ dose Monday. Online booking was simple but that was only for AZ from what I could see.

I rather risk the known short term risk and unknown potential long term risks of the jab than the already known long term health risks of Covid including severe lung damage. I've always loved my sport and been active my whole life, if I loose that ability... I don't see that ending well.

The vaccines won't stop you getting it, but going on stats from OS where people have been getting it the vaccines have significantly reduced the severity.

If those who can get vaccinated don't, it looks like we will continue on this lockdown roundabout indefinitely!

1 hour ago, Dalai said:

Had my first AZ dose Monday. Online booking was simple but that was only for AZ from what I could see.

I rather risk the known short term risk and unknown potential long term risks of the jab than the already known long term health risks of Covid including severe lung damage. I've always loved my sport and been active my whole life, if I loose that ability... I don't see that ending well.

The vaccines won't stop you getting it, but going on stats from OS where people have been getting it the vaccines have significantly reduced the severity.

If those who can get vaccinated don't, it looks like we will continue on this lockdown roundabout indefinitely!

Going in for the blood clot special on Friday . My other regular activities put my health at greater risk  so it would be ridiculous of me to be concerned about potential side effects of a vaccine 

This argument over getting the vaccine or not getting it is ridiculous.  Bottom line is this.  Covid is here forever.  It is not going away.  You will need a top up jab annually to protect you from variants.  Those who get the jab are protected to a greater degree from getting a severe case of Covid.  THE VACCINES DO NOT STOP YOU FROM GETTING IT. THEY ONLY PROTECT YOU FROM GETTING A SEVERE CASE OF IT.  IF YOU HAVE HAD THE VACCINE YOU CAN STILL BE A CARRIER AND SPREADER.  That is why everyone must be vaccinated.  For those of you who are getting on your soapbox and saying I AM NOT HAVING THE VACCINE SO BACK LUCK TO ANYONE WHO DISAGREES, you are the ones who will have the bad luck, because when the majority are vaccinated all bans will be lifted.  Remember having the jab only protects YOU.  Vaccinated people are still potential carriers and with no bans they will be mixing and travelling around.  So to all those who refuse to get vaccinated you WILL GET COVID and with no protection you will get either a mild case or a severe case which has many complications, including death.  Those refusing the jab and demonstrating their right not to have it good luck with the rest of your life because you will need it.  The only issue I have is that all anti vax people will become a burden on our hospital system.  GET THE BLOODY JAB EVERYONE!!!!  Rant over. 

Everyone is going to get it sooner or later.  The fantasy running around Australia that it can be kept  outside the borders forever is not sustainable, unless we vote to permanently become East Germany for travel policies. 
if you have ever had the cold or flu then you’re going to get COVID at some point unless you die of something else first.

Every country has to go through a spike in cases as it spreads.  Much better to do that after vaccines have been developed than before, but still have to do it.  Media and politicians have painted the public into a corner and won’t talk about the elephant in the room. 

Let me just put these statistics from the ABS and the Dept of health out there for your consideration. Draw your own conclusions.

Influenza deaths are highly seasonal and most commonly occur in Australia between the months of May and September. The timing, length and severity of the influenza season varies considerably from year to year......

There were 2,122 deaths due to influenza and pneumonia recorded from 1 January to 29 December 2020.
The average number of deaths recorded over the same period from 2015 to 2019 was 3,326.

There were 269 deaths due to influenza and pneumonia recorded during January and February 2021.

That's 2,391 deaths during Jan 2020- Feb 2021

For Covid-19, from Jan 2020 - May 2021 there has been a total of 910 deaths in Australia.

Currently, there are only 115 active cases.

Of these, there are only 17 people currently in hospital (only 1 in VIC is in hospital) and overall only 1 person is in ICU in NSW

955226285_ScreenShot2021-06-02at13_35_47.png.ffe751ad1f3c9867d9fd0eaab5182d19.png

And the breakdown of 910 deaths also adds to the story.

507492045_ScreenShot2021-06-02at13_42_40.png.96b41b68f2fd37da0aa35a0bd9f664ae.png

Just to be clear about my previous post I'm not an anti vaxxer, i'm just anti AZ vaccination. I don't have a problem with getting a vaccine for C19, just not AZ. I know there are always going to be people who disagree with that and I'm fine with that. BTW my decision about not getting the AZ jab is NOT due to the remote chance of getting a blood clot.

As I said this subject can be very emotive hence why I'm just clearing the air and not going to get into a debate about who is right or who is wrong nor my reasons because it will start a shit fight amongst everyone and I'd rather talk about Porsches.

10 hours ago, DJM said:

I’m keen to get vaccinated and play my part to kicking Covid to the kerb.  But what a cluuuuster fuck that is.  Booked with my GP but could only get an appointment 4 weeks out (booked before the latest lockdown).  Queued on Saturday at the local hospital and the line didn’t move for 2 hours, only 2 people exited in that time.  What the fuck is going on in there.....?

Tried calling the 1800 number probably 50 times then and since and it’s “we’re busy, call back later”.  The government knew last year that vaccines were coming, why on earth, in the 6+ months they had to prepare, have they not setup an online booking system like every health provider in the country has.  instead they say it’s fine we have 500 people answering phones (for 5 million people in Vic......😂).........yet no one I know that wants the vaccine has been able to get through.

Now we discover aged care has NOT been vaccinated as they’d claimed and we’re probably about to see another run of aged care deaths there and businesses are again shut down.  I’m very happy that construction is exempt.  Makes no sense to me but I’ll take it.  Seems there is a benefit to a Labor government and their union buddies at times.....

just so tired of the political spin and point scoring between state, federal and opposition.  Tried of the absolute incompetence of these idiots to do what needs doing.  Just get your shit together and let’s put this behind us..........they say Vic lockdown is costing $1B a week and I’m about to read the news fully expecting them to extend by another week 😡😡😡😡

Compare the pair.  First meeting today for me  and the safety topic covered  Covid stats.   Yesterday, China reported  16.5M individual  covid jabs.   Allow 25% error on overreporting and at that runrate thats Australia done and dusted in 2 days. Re unions and shut downs.  We had our site shut down for half a day.  Reason, mandatory covid testing for the province.  Basically tested the whole of Vics population  in 2 days.

I have just returned from the UK and am sadly now in quarantine.

Courtesy of the UK NHS, i was fully vaccinated by April this year and, at that stage, they were vaccinating up to 1m people per day. If there is one thing they have done right, it is their vaccination programme. As a result, things are now pretty much back to normal but still with a small number of people dying each day and people continuing to contract the virus. They sensibly recognise that its not going away so living with a small number of deaths each day is acceptable because aiming for a zero state is impossible.

8 hours ago, 3legs said:

Having recently finished chemo for bowel cancer I have done a fair bit of research into the vaccines. Now I don't profess to have any medical schooling so I can only go by what i've researched and been told by Doctors.

In summary I will never, ever get the AZ vaccine, period. OZ930 is 100% correct, you can still get Covid.

There are many other things I'd like to say but in this PC, woke world I just don't need the hassle of being hassled by imbeciles. I'm too old for that shit plus I'd get banned for what I would say ( and so would Lee because he couldn't help himself and be my wingman :) :) :)  ).

Oh BTW @LeeM, I wouldn't f@#k you even if you were sober :) 

3Legs hopefully the course has been a success and you caught this early enough before it metastasised.

4 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

VACCINES DO NOT STOP YOU FROM GETTING IT. THEY ONLY PROTECT YOU FROM GETTING A SEVERE CASE OF IT.

Mrs G. Works in the medical field and she yells this at the TV regularly. I quite enjoy the show 😁

But your point is correct and hopefully the use of capitals make the point!!

What worries those in the medical field is I.C.U. full of covid cases and where do all the "normal" ICU cases go as they turn up on a daily basis.

Who gets to decide who gets support and who doesn't? Not a position that they wish to find themselves in. 

Got some good info from Dalai today, followed the prompts online , got a call 4 pm , booked for the shot tomorrow morning. I don’t think much of vaccines , however , unless we all get the shot , we will go jo jo style in and out of lock down , no travel , and NO SMT RUNS. Get it done.😎✈️🏎

Duly noted @3legs 👍😁

@Lucky Phil Just soapboxing my opinion mate. Don't like it? Fair enough and I respect your opinion, yet I don't want it rammed down my throat by the government about what I should or shouldn't do either.

The government are closing state borders saying we're in danger from ourselves, yet they still bring in people from India, and who are the ones causing the latest cases in Victoria? They're now wanting 'international' (insert a particular country here) students back here? Plus of course my original vent point being the AFL game. It's utter stupidity and double standards by the governments and health commission, THAT is my point, not about being a pro or anti vaxxer, as I really don't care who takes what, whether that be the covid jab or heroin, it's up to you and I have zero problem with it. IF there are side effects to the vaccine, well what can ya do ay? Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't, and if I get covid, well that's my problem to deal with, yet I'm sure there will be those who will say '' I toldya so" 🙄

Like @wilson59 mentioned, my daily/weekly lifestyle is concerning for others, yet it's MY choice and I'll live with it till I pop my clogs.

And for the record, I'm NOT keen on offending anyone here with my comments. They are solely my opinions, and I totally respect anyone who opposes them

I don't think anybody needs to worry about ICUs being overwhelmed. Australia has around 2300 ICU beds. An international comparison shows that Australia has more intensive care beds per population than many countries including the United Kingdom and Japan.

During the last COVID outbreak, the maximum number of people in hospital in Australia at any given time due to COVID was only around 650 at its peak and that's people being treated in hospital, not people in ICU which was a much, much smaller number. And that peak of 650 people only lasted a couple of weeks.

In the UK, they built all these "nightingale hospitals" to cope with the predicted surge but it never came. Not one bed was used. They have now dismantled them.

I was at the Doc's today & got chatting about vaccines, he told me that "not a single person who has received a jab (any C19 jab) has died world wide" He has had the AZ jab.

His daughter is a nurse in the UK & passed on what she knows is happening & worryingly a post effect of covid is now starting to show in the form of heart disease, particularly in the young who have recovered from the virus. He was super serious about this & intimated that we have no idea what other damage this can cause because its all so new.

We are getting our vac (first 1, AZ) next week. 

Just reporting, nothing else.