4 hours ago, grantmr said:

Isn't complaining about PC another way of saying, "I'm sad I can't be racist, sexist and intolerant anymore"?
Cos that's how it looks.

About some imaginary cartoon characters? 😅

If you're leading into assuming I am the above, don't.

I'm neither racist nor sexist, yet my tolerance level for a minority of idiots getting all sooky about the name of a flying Elephant, or changing the name of an Eskimo Pie because it MIGHT offend someone has reached another level of 'I really don't give a shit'. Are the 'PC' crowd really that hell bent on expressing their disgust at why Mattel haven't created a gay Ken/Barbie doll, or that Coon cheese is racist? F..k me drunk!!

It is utterly ridiculous to have these companies feel they have to change just to suit a minority, because it may affect their profits. 

As an aside before you think I'm just a grumpy 54 year old prick. I'm not. I'm a happy go lucky kinda bloke that loves a laugh and friendly to everyone (unless they've pissed me off). Saying that, I think its just now that I'm at my age, I'm tired of reading or hearing about all the mindless dribble these people come up with to make themselves feel like they've done something for the world, when in effect they've just made themselves look ridiculous. I'm tired of the crime, the drugs, the terrorism, dictating lying politicians bullshit, and most of all the affect social media and the media in general have on all of us by ramming it down our throats. 

All in all, leave Dumbo alone! 🙄😉

The trouble is I think, you can agree with all that and still turn it 180 degrees and agree how tiresome it is hearing the reactions, and the reactions to the reactions, and so on. At the end of the day, who cares that much about Dumbo...? Even if someone loves Dumbo (no judgement, I’m very PC 😂) has whatever Disney’s done changed their life for the worse?

The only ones who win out of these arguments is Facebook, selling ads to run alongside an unlimited river of drivel to argue about.

Anyway, less Dumbo (sorry Dumbo) less Facebook and more SMTs is the answer! 😁

I remember when i was a kid feeling a bit awkward about coon cheese - it was a bad word that i wasn't allowed to use and yet here's a cheese with it in big capital letters. now that I'm an adult i don't bat an eye because I've got the proper contexts surrounding it.

I think that's what's going on with Disney and the latest spate of pc changes - they aren't trying to placate a minority for the sake of profits so much as recognising times have changed and are providing a broader context to content that could be found offensive. which isn't to say profit isn't involved, it's win win for the companies to be seen to be doing something. 

The thing that chafes me is that people complain about like it actually affects them. the cheese still tastes the same, dumbo still flies with his big dumb ears - but people that might be targets of the old ideas can feel a little better about their place in society.

begrudging a more inclusive society just seems mean

1 hour ago, StevepGT3 said:

With the unchecked momentum of ever increasing circles of things to be offended by, I feel for people with the surname of White, because their time is limited to walk freely amongst us without changing their name 

So a surname of Black or Brown would be OK though?

12 hours ago, LeeM said:

About some imaginary cartoon characters? 😅

If you're leading into assuming I am the above, don't.

I'm neither racist nor sexist, yet my tolerance level for a minority of idiots getting all sooky about the name of a flying Elephant, or changing the name of an Eskimo Pie because it MIGHT offend someone has reached another level of 'I really don't give a shit'. Are the 'PC' crowd really that hell bent on expressing their disgust at why Mattel haven't created a gay Ken/Barbie doll, or that Coon cheese is racist? F..k me drunk!!

It is utterly ridiculous to have these companies feel they have to change just to suit a minority, because it may affect their profits. 

As an aside before you think I'm just a grumpy 54 year old prick. I'm not. I'm a happy go lucky kinda bloke that loves a laugh and friendly to everyone (unless they've pissed me off). Saying that, I think its just now that I'm at my age, I'm tired of reading or hearing about all the mindless dribble these people come up with to make themselves feel like they've done something for the world, when in effect they've just made themselves look ridiculous. I'm tired of the crime, the drugs, the terrorism, dictating lying politicians bullshit, and most of all the affect social media and the media in general have on all of us by ramming it down our throats. 

All in all, leave Dumbo alone! 🙄😉

Couldn't have said it better myself.   Ive got a few years on you Lee, but you have summed it up perfectly IMHO.

I take offence that  because I am  not as PC or "woke" (and what a stupid term that is) as some people now demand me(and everyone else)  to be, I am apparently a racist. 

Keeping in mind this forum is not supposed to used as a  political platform, so I am being as nice as I can.

Let's get back to minding our own business, as to who believes in what,..... and get out driving and enjoying our great cars and the friendships developed over the years through this forum.

Long live Dumbo. 

hmm, vent or first world problem?

If you buy a brand new Macan, and pay $6k extra for 21 wheel upgrade because it wasnt dear enough to start with, should you expect to get new wheels and tyres when your car comes?

yes? Well not always. Ok, they were swapped with another car in stock.  Not a ''new stock' car. A demonstrator. A demonstrator with approx 2000 kms.which gets my std 18s instead.

It failed the pub test on dealer handover, wheels were clean, but the tyres were not new.. Fast forward 3 months later, the replacement 'new wheels 'and  tyres arrive for swap over. ok, sorted, apart from not getting the tidly spray deflector things that Porsche say come with 21'wheel upgrade.

no matter.

We needed a towkit, but was advised to get it a few months after purchase, save on LCT. Great idea, and we'' ll look after you on price, and cover the fitting given what's happened with the wheel miscommunication, and install it at the same time .

Fine. Checked  the invoice, 'sales covering fitting on invoice'.

Charged $402.00  (ex GST) for fitting.

So a $2,000+ towbar + fitting + GST doesnt even have a towball. Despite it being listed in the fitting instruction kit.

Does anyone have a lemon I can suck on to get rid of this sour taste let in my mouth?

This is brand new P number 2 from the same dealer within 3 years.

I dunno any more.

A lovely ARB encounter. It went something like this;

Me - Obscure one, need a roofrack for my 944.

Sales rep - Ok, let me have a look.

5mins pass

Sales rep - Nope, the only Porsche we have listed is the Cayenne.

Me - I know this. I came here to discuss a solution for my car.

Sales rep - We can't do anything because it isn't in our system. We just click on their site.

Me - You mean you have nobody here willing or able to look at my car and provide me a solution? I heard people using different kits for my car from Thule USA and you deal with Thule.

Sales rep - No, we don't do that. Well, if YOU contact Thule then YOU can come back here and tell me what to order and I'll order it for you.

Me - Ok... Have a nice day...

AITA here for expecting a sales rep to do the legwork for me and actually work for a sale? Literally all he had to do was not be a lazy piece and email Thule for fitting options for my car. But no, he had other ideas, like return to his seat and scroll Facebook. I guess with COVID and shutdowns he has too many clients he knows what to do with in his glaringly empty showroom. He literally wanted me to do ALL the legwork then come back to him to purchase it so he gets the revenue. Buddy, if I do all the legwork, you can shove it and I'll buy it online or at the very least, elsewhere. I was truly lost for words. I couldn't believe that he was so dismissive and so unwilling to do an ounce of work.

What is even more amazing is that every time we drive past ARB, there are at least half a dozen pimped out 4x4s. Now, I understand that not a single one of their employees has the first idea on how their gear works or how to even install it. They simply put it on their car because it looks cool and they get it cheap and it looks great out the front of ARB to entice clients in. 

Why do retail showrooms exist anymore if all they are going to do is pay some moron minimum wage to use their "highly advanced system" (Google the vendors website) that has solutions for Ford Rangers or Land Cruisers and nothing else and when their God doesn't give them an answer then there must be no answer... I guess the people that come in to buy off them are the CUBs (cashed up bogans) that really have no clue what they are doing but are happy to drop $20-$30k to make their car "look" capable, or fully sick as it may be but be ultimately useless. It's like an Instragram model, yeah sure they look like they can do the job but behind the facade they are completely inept at basic human functions.

End of rant.

Bravo @Frosty20112  You win post of the week (so far)

That seems to be the norm with not only that company (I had a similar experience with my Hiace van), but nearly every other company you deal with nowadays. Especially now that a lot of companies are using the "coz of the pandemic..." excuses to justify their lack of stock or actually giving a f..k about the customer.

You should try dealing with tool shops in Adelaide! They promote 'Massive savings day' on a particular brand, so you visit their showroom across town ready to spend a wad of cash, yet the savings are maybe $4.50 over their competitors, they have zero stock but will order it in after you've paid for it and have to wait 2-4 weeks before it arrives. Why would I do that when I can do it myself? And they wonder why they lose sales? Piss off, I'll go to Bunnings where they have loads of stock and pay the extra $5 🙄

Update to my quandry.

Their head office isn't any better either.

I called this morning to ask if what the salesperson did was right and explained the situation in full including the fact that if I have to research it myself, I'm not buying from you. The guy from head office is like yep ok I'll check it out for you with our tech guy and call you back.

I just received the call back (not expecting to receive one for a day or 2 after doing his due diligence) and no joke he said 'yeah we can't do it for your vehicle, I've been on the Thule website and there isn't anything I can do'!?!??!?!??! I can't stop laughing. I am almost in tears. The head office guys did exactly the same thing as the guy in the shop. I wish I could make this up. How are they in business? Haha!

I think it has gotten to a point where complete stupidity is becoming the norm and you can't help but to squint, raise an eyebrow, tilt the head, and say "Que?" then walk off in silence trying to comprehend precisely what happened.

Yep, still smiling haha. Maybe I should move this post to the "what puts a smile on your face" section?

Got a new fridge as the ice maker in the old fridge stopped working and there is no way we could live with that . 

Wife stays home for new fridge to be delivered . It gets delivered . 

Delivery blokes apparently great guys can also see the horror of us living with a fridge where the ice maker no longer works so they take that POS away as well as delivering the new one . 

We have a problem where delivery guys can deliver but are not allowed to connect the water line to new fridge that requires a plumber apparently . Wife calls me and lets me in on the bad news that Gin and Tonics on the deck will still be without ice as the water line was not connected we need a plumber . 

I say to wife call a plumber then . Plumber turns up $50 call out fee seems fair but wants $465 to connect existing line for a job in his own words is a 10 minute job and he is not supplying any parts . We obviously refuse to pay it but he wants the call out fee .

Wife does not get intimidated easy and boots him out without his call out fee . I did the job when i got home it was literally a 5 minute job pushing a plastic line on the new fridge and doing up a 12mm  nut . Hard to support locals sometime this guy must survive on just collecting call out fees 

@wilson59 A few years ago working in Whyalla, a plumber was needed for a laundry I was installing on a weekday. $250 callout and $200$/hour. Onsite for 3-4 hours to fit a trap to a laundry sink, but probably did about 20 minutes actual work 🙄

Client said it was normal, and about the same price for sparkies. Would hate to think how much it is now

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

@wilson59 A few years ago working in Whyalla, a plumber was needed for a laundry I was installing on a weekday. $250 callout and $200$/hour. Onsite for 3-4 hours to fit a trap to a laundry sink, but probably did about 20 minutes actual work 🙄

Client said it was normal, and about the same price for sparkies. Would hate to think how much it is now

I got online and read the reviews of the company and there are about 30 reviews with same complaint as mine . 
They charged a guy $1000 to replace a garden tap 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I got online and read the reviews of the company and there are about 30 reviews with same complaint as mine . 
They charged a guy $1000 to replace a garden tap 

Probably the mob who need the cash to pay for those flashy wrapped vans mate! 🤔😉 Well documented if it is

I live on a narrow dirt dead end  which is only half a km long at best, has a steep rise to a crest then steep descent, very hard to see oncoming traffic and two blind driveways, mine being one of them.  Almost been cleaned up a couple of times just turning into my driveway.  When dry it gets very dusty, so the neighbours all agrred to limit their speed to 20kph.  With recent rains the road is washed out, so 20 kph is a safe speed,  A lot of people use the “quiet” road to walk their dogs too. 

but there is itinerant traffic who couldn’t give a “rats”

Yesterday I came across an injured young kangaroo by the side of the road.  Poor little thing couldn’t get up and had been there quite a while.  Mum was still hanging around.

I rang WIRES emergency number ....no answer.  I rang a VET,  wouldn’t come out...”ring the police, they might come out an put it out of it’s misery”. So I rang my neighbour ....it isn’t suffering any more.

What sort of bastard would hit an animal and not check on it....and I’m p....d off with WIRES.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

So I am selling my wife's car and and the bots have began to email me, so frustrating, you know the story, I work on the North West Shelf in the Rowley Sub-basin in Perth and the reception here is terrible. 

This really pisses me off.

Only thing that seems to have worked for me, is putting a note in your ad at the end "Scammers and spammers don't bother. Your email and IP address will be noted and handed to the relevant authorities..." etc etc

32 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

So I am selling my wife's car and and the bots have began to email me, so frustrating, you know the story, I work on the North West Shelf in the Rowley Sub-basin in Perth and the reception here is terrible. 

This really pisses me off.

Mate just sold a car interstate, first car he had sold privately in decades. Had to help him through this phase, it was tough. COVID has brought out every idiot and scammer known to mankind. GLWS Steve it won’t be easy

11 hours ago, LeeM said:

Only thing that seems to have worked for me, is putting a note in your ad at the end "Scammers and spammers don't bother. Your email and IP address will be noted and handed to the relevant authorities..." etc etc

Maybe i need to add that in Lee.