Drove the new Cayman S tonight

Jimmy

My friend Carmine was lent for the night a brand new demo Cayman S and was kind enough to let me drive it.

It was a very interesting drive and not quite run in yet so we took it fairly easy but we were fairly impressed, we both agreed that we prefer a manual to the PDK.

It had a great sounding sports exhaust option which made lots of crackles & pops, electric steering was not to my taste as it felt a little disconnected.

Beautiful looking car with some really nice lines.

Sorry for the low grade photo's.

2013-09-09213018_zpsbd6906f5.jpg

2013-09-09213125_zps972c3081.jpg

2013-09-09213158_zpsa1faf526.jpg

Beautiful looking car great colour - pity the lines are ruined by door handles that stick out like dogs balls - just my opinion.

But the tail light design are beautiful as they are integrated with the panels, interior a bit too glitzy for me though.

Really looks way better in the flesh.

Same for me Martin. They really nailed it this time around. 

I wonder when they will start bringing out hotrod versions, like an RS or something like that.....

My guess would be never as you can't have an understudy outperforming the star of the show. Think the last time that happened was 1988 with the 930 and the 951.

I love the look and am sure the Cayman would go like a scud missile BUT I always wanted, and in no special order of merit, a Porsche and a convertible and I love small cars. Boxster!

If, by some miracle, I ever get another one to sit beside the 987 that decision will be a tough one though.

Archived