Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I shouldn't b so cynical, but I have wasted a lot of time looking at rotten cars over the years and I can usually tell from an ad what is not worth the bother. This car screams 'don't bother' - bad photos, no description, no details.

I called him.

He says he will video or scan the logs and receipts to send.

He mentioned he has the original rear wheels. He may not know what an original one looks like.

As you say someone from WA may check it out.

Thanks all for your help.

Somehow, I don't think the owner of the car is a member on this forum... ie, he isn't an enthusiast. 

He might think it's all original but might not know squat about these cars in particular.

I'm sure someone on this forum, who lives in Perth, will check it out soon...

If he doesn't know then he should say that. People looking to buy cars like this generally know better (or at least they should).

I cant see anyone in WA rushing to check that SC out..........

I'm now waiting for someone to get the VIN and announce that its a 73 RS or something so I can have cake on face.  :ph34r:  :lol:

"the owner didn't know what that means................." 

If anyone on the east coast is interested, i can look at it. Victoria Park isn't far from where i currently live.

Hey Norm that's very kind.

I am interested but the owner said he would video the log book and repair history for me and hasn't. Along with the comments from discerning members im inclined to distrust him.

He hasn't even given me the vin number.

I don't want to waste your time.

John

Hi John,

I think that if this is what you are looking for, then get it checked out..... what I personally was trying to get across is that caution needs to be taken and due dilligence performed.... it looks like all is not what it seems with this particular car.....

From the outset, it wouldn't suit me, but might suit the criteria you have for your next car.....

Hi John,

I think that if this is what you are looking for, then get it checked out..... what I personally was trying to get across is that caution needs to be taken and due dilligence performed.... it looks like all is not what it seems with this particular car.....

From the outset, it wouldn't suit me, but might suit the criteria you have for your next car.....

There's bargains to be had with badly written ads and difficult sellers.  It's worth your while to find out for sure if it is a good car owned by a nonce or if it is in fact a dog.

True, I intend to give him time to get the vin number to me.

He said on one hand he had books then that its records were in the form of open pages, then book again.

He also said there is not a mark on the paint. Black paint and that age = some marks surely.

See how we go.

Seems a tad high on his price considering the bog is all cracking and falling out, US import, no paperwork. Maybe a sub $5,000 car IMO, strip it for parts.

See what happens  ;)

Funnily enough he hasn't gotten back to me .