Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Looks like a very tidy ride. Lovely photos, however, may I suggest you adjust the warmness of them to portray more accurate colors? The car looks black or a dark gunmetal grey.  

Thanks Amanda, my coupe is the same colour and no two photos look the same (either grey or black) depending on the light, I will

try your tip. It really is a lovely colour, when you see it in full sunlight (I'm not biased at all)

A few holes in this guy's ad but I can vouch for his mechanical skills and the awsomeness of this car. Anybody wanting a hot rod 911 would be hard pressed finding a better dollar to horsepower car than this.

this car has been questioned a few times now..as said by AC, TK and myself previously.. Martin knows his stuff and put together the car in a way that made him happy and in doing so, done well... a bucket of fun, not a bucket of bolts.

PS I'd say the family are Porsche enthusiasts

PPS no affiliation with the vendor aside from sharing the occasional drive :)

Yes, the silence is deafening.

Honestly, you offered $5k for a running registered 911, do you really expect to hear back? 

You have to  pay if you want to be in the game!

How long will it last?

Good question! Seems a bit rich.. but hey, try find one like it! I guess it is this trend that will continue and eventually drive demand for desirable water-cooled cars up in the years to come... we are just about seeing pricing overlaps from the cheapest GT3's to the higher priced C2's and 3.2s etc

does anyone know what happened to Bab's old car? If there was a white 964 I wanted it was his (mainly for his usual level of OCD - and that's a compliment!)

Yes it was sold though AH, so they would know who's hands its in. 

they do?

i know the first run of them needed something done because of oil drips- no gasket or similar

Well at just 68000km " a thick folder full of invoices. It has had many of the usual 964 / 993 jobs done which include: - Top end rebuild" etc

Seems like a familiar story; these cars are "investments" but the cold hard clinical view is that they are expensive "investments". Some of you in the financial industry would know not to hide actual costs!

But emotional investment? Sure , you only live once. Make sure it gets driven , otherwise you run the risk of me calling you boring!.

they do?

i know the first run of them needed something done because of oil drips- no gasket or similar

Yep, although most probably looked worse they actully were.  Early models had no head gaskets but as far as I know this was fixed under recall. Realising things could be improved, from 1991 onwards porsche started fitting head gaskets and redisigned heads and studs.

My 911 came from Japan with no service or accident history , just evidence of a rust free straight body , a quality Glasurit glass-out repaint and a photo album of the full professional engine rebuild at <80,000km. Broken studs (the Achilles heel of the sc's) and a spun bearing - probable user abuse/ignorance. If a low mileage car that has had pampered open cheque book service , I'm always interested into why components have failed. It's either poor design (Porsche have had some big red crosses over the past few decades) , dodgy components or there has been an owner incident or incidents. Ha, the careful "sole elderly owner" might have been a middle aged hoon 25 years ago  ;) . Never let emotion cloud judgement and be suspicious as all hell.

My 911 came from Japan with no service or accident history , just evidence of a rust free straight body , a quality Glasurit glass-out repaint and a photo album of the full professional engine rebuild at <80,000km. Broken studs (the Achilles heel of the sc's) and a spun bearing - probable user abuse/ignorance. If a low mileage car that has had pampered open cheque book service , I'm always interested into why components have failed. It's either poor design (Porsche have had some big red crosses over the past few decades) , dodgy components or there has been an owner incident or incidents. Ha, the careful "sole elderly owner" might have been a middle aged hoon 25 years ago ;) . Never let emotion cloud judgement and be suspicious as all hell.

Out of interest, how did you know the head studs were broken?