Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Anyone here have some knowledge/ history on this car? I believe it is a UK delivered 3.0 SC. Pictures are about 2 years old so may have a different rego now. Would be interested to know about rust and or mechanical issues before I arrange to check it out. Also approximate cost of returning back to standard SC bumpers. Thanks

Sashiepost-1833-0-39299000-1411957203_thumb.jp

Anyone here have some knowledge/ history on this car? I believe it is a UK delivered 3.0 SC. Pictures are about 2 years old so may have a different rego now. Would be interested to know about rust and or mechanical issues before I arrange to check it out. Also approximate cost of returning back to standard SC bumpers. Thanks

Sashie image.jpg

Where is the ad for this car? Looks like an ACT rego.

No advert as yet. I'm speaking to the current owner who may decide to sell. There are no current pictures of the car in QLD so not sure of the new rego. May only get to view the car later this week as it is some distance away from where I'm located.

Alex this was on the ACT club site

If its the same one then it looked like a pretty decent car with good body and mechanicals, only downside is the 964 kit and after market rims which turned some people off as it was for sale for years here. Probaby not economical to return to SC spec, just enjoy as is :)

I know that car. It was only sold under a year ago out of Canberra. The Canberra owner painted it himself and did the 'RS America' look by adding oem 964 bumpers and the spoiler. Not a bad paint job for a garage effort.

He had the old impact bumpers when I looked at the car. Don't know if they went with the car. The old Fuchs are also gone now.

It was unique because it had black fabric seats. Those are three piece 18in Simmons wheels on there too, if that's something you're in to.

It drove well. Had a minor oil leak on the passenger side of the engine.

Interesting to see it for sale again. Might make a good base for a hot rod.

Sashie image.jpg

Certainly has EVERY sign of being an import ......

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, you can safely assume it's a duck .........

PS. I didn't spot any rust. It's original rhd too. Apparently it came into Australia through Melbourne and Mark Poole in Adelaide has worked on it, so it lived in SA at some point.

Tit,

Thanks for the response. Do you recall the asking price then? As mentioned I have to tempt the current owner into selling the car so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Definitely a converted us import. Looks duke an though and good buying at that price if rust free and mechanically sound.

That's what I thought too, although the owner goes into quite a big spiel about it being an update with all of the changes .....

I don't know much about 944's but I do know the look of the old and new dash ....

And the wheels are the old ones. And the embedded antenna is now in the rear quarter panel? What , has he backdated those too? Run away!!!