Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

That minerva blue 930 with the Ruf rims seems to have dissapeared from carsales, was listed at $55k yesterday, and that 993 with the '$999,999,999 make and offer' doesn't seem to be around either, wonder what size offers that recieved.

Have no fear though, the white 959 convertible replica with the 2.7l engine is still available should you have $190k you hate.

It's from a BMW dealership .....

So either it's the owners, or it's been traded ......

Didn't the turbos come with the red piping? ....... what makes you think non original seats?

Shape of seat changes in 85 when the electric seats came out. generally identify them by the headrest being about an 1inch taller and difference stitching pattern which is what this car appears to have..

Piping... im no source of truth but not more prevalent in English cars from experience never seen them in an early turbo, so seats could have been lifted out of another car.... no biggie .. just saying at 90k if you compare it against the AH car recently sold it doesnt appear as "genuine"

As tazzieman points out, gearknob not original... and pretty hard to source an original 4spd one which is NLA new.. handbrake switch appears mising if you look closely...

Thanks for that ..... I'm still on a learning curve, and when you get to my age, you learn to ask if you don't know .....

Now that I look closer, shouldn't the rear seats also have the red piping ( if it was original? )

Shape of seat changes in 85 when the electric seats came out. generally identify them by the headrest being about an 1inch taller and difference stitching pattern which is what this car appears to have..

Piping... im no source of truth but not more prevalent in English cars from experience never seen them in an early turbo, so seats could have been lifted out of another car.... no biggie .. just saying at 90k if you compare it against the AH car recently sold it doesnt appear as "genuine"

As tazzieman points out, gearknob not original... and pretty hard to source an original 4spd one which is NLA new.. handbrake switch appears mising if you look closely...

….and the rear valance has been cut to fit the non-standard exhaust.  :rolleyes: Picky I know !!

If someone on here is looking for one of these ( Aussie delivered ) , I suggest you run ........... FAST .....

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1984/AGC-AD-9092945/?Cr=11&sdmvc=1

It's been for sale for a couple of weeks now. Whilst the interior colour is a bit odd, I do like them in garnet red and thought it may have sold by now.

But I've given up predicting how long cars will take to sell after being wrong to many times.....

If someone on here is looking for one of these ( Aussie delivered ) , I suggest you run ........... FAST .....

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1984/AGC-AD-9092945/?Cr=11&sdmvc=1

Complete with RSR Garage tax...yeh yeh I know he sells good ones...but for $60k I would want a fresh top end rebuild and and a new clutch!!

But you'd think they'd clean up around the compliance plate if they're taking a picture of it...  And taking an engine pic with it running is a sure fire bet that the fan is filthy...

Complete with RSR Garage tax...yeh yeh I know he sells good ones...but for $60k I would want a fresh top end rebuild and and a new clutch!!

While it's ok to want all that, they seem to be selling anyway ........ look at some of the 3.2 prices through Hamiltons ... alot more than this and still no new clutch or top end fresh ...

Didn't realise it had been around for a couple of weeks as Peter M pointed out ....

I thought it was reasonable compared to some recent sales ....

Dreamr,

There is still this unwinged '86 in the same colour which has been for sale for a long time:http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/AGC-AD-16410422/

That is one good looking Carrera ....... but it definitely needs a wing ( imo ).

Why, oh why is it still for sale? It has also been around for quite a while ..... seems the right money for what it is, Aussie delivered, beautiful condition and all ...

I'm not in the market to upgrade, was just egging you a bit about already having one ..... ( sorry )  :)

I never realised the 3.2 was an upgrade? How so? Better air con?

tazzieman,

We both know that the 3.0 is a superior car ...... sometimes we have to make the 3.2 crowd feel a tad more important .... it keeps the balance in the Porsche world .....  ;)