Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

"convertible" "2D Cabriolet" and "leaded" fuel.

• "Release Date: 01/11/1984"

Is this a repo sale?

"only needs conversion" = lol

The most likely explanation for the 84/Convertible bit is just sloppy data entry.  The 'release date' probably relates to the 1984 carrera which ran through 1989.  I don't seriously think it's a converted convertible.

So the question is whether it's a turbo at all - i mean, there are no pictures of the engine after all.

Oh the stories this thing could tell....we don't even know the country of origin.

And door pockets are common for UK cars also (and very very early au cars). I call uk

agree with the door pockets as my local delivery 95 already has the larger speakers.

Not sure but I think the rear speaker covers are from a later model, higher spec sound system as well.

Well worth it , even with 185km clocked! ; mine's only got 105km , with sensible upgrades , but you have to take into account it's a leprous LHD,  thus worth bugger all.

Anyway , who specs a red car without black interior? That beige fabric is terribly chav. (IMO of course)

Wow! It's like looking at my car (the outside) ......

I'm a little worried about the oil lines on the drivers side ....... wouldn't want to go on any uneven roads ....

Also, the interior doesn't seem the right colour for a red car ..... repaint maybe?

I know mine has had a repaint and it also has a brown interior .... this one just doesn't feel right.

All in all looks like a nice car ... even has a smog pump .... :lol:

Yellow 77 not an sc , but a great car with strong engine. Who ever bought it got a good buy. Good basis for a hot rod. I was contemplating buying it back, but no space

It was advertised for a long time so I figured it had issues, especially when it dropped to 20k. Owner told me it was Hong Kong delivered RHD now with a 3.0. If it wasnt an SC then im guessing it started as a '77 2.7.

Did you own the car previously PROJECT911?

Anyone posted this one already?

$_20.JPG

1988 '911 Turbo 930' - says 5 Speed so I assume G50 based on age.

LHD Unreg in SA - says 78,000 kms

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/grange/cars-vans-utes/1988-porsche-911-turbo-930-with-a-5-speed-transmission/1062330961

$38,000

Who has turbo fever and wants a hot-rod?!  Keen buying for the brave.

(I might add - where are the front seats?)

did anyone notice the red sunroof too

I see nothing wrong with red/beige combo...actually I think it looks good (looks in garage at red/beige car)

pity not leather though.

I'd just like to state for the record I got the first smog pump joke in on the other thread :)

So Coastr,

After an close audit of your claim re: smog pump jab in the other thread, I hereby officially announce you as having done so ....

Signed ....... The self proclaimed smog pump expert / king .....

btw ... nothing wrong with colour combo, just doesn't feel / seem right ...

$_57.JPG

Thats the same thing as my friend has, that we discussed once before on a different thread (or was it this one).  Army Coffin Carrier with holden 202 and trimatic.  

Did you read the write up? Surely it has to be script from "Yes, Minister"!Spend $800,000 on 15 modified Landrovers,Upgrade (!!!!) to Holden red motors,Pay extra to make them emission compliant and thenCancel program before commissioned!

Thanks Peter,

I always appreciate knowing how my tax dollars are being spent wisely.