Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

So Russ,

That puts your car into 1 of 3 categories .....

1. A super dooper rare "pre side repeater, side repeater" 911.

2. A 911 with an identity crisis

3. A frankenporsche ......

No matter what it turns out to be, I for one am really happy that it has you to love it unconditionally .....
(and being a Sporto, it really needs that) ......

You might want to be careful with implying things within this thread when they might affect the value of someones car.... (I think this has been a long time coming as a comment) I'm up for a bit of a laugh as much as the next guy, but there are some things that I wouldn't make jokes (or otherwise) about.

I've got no reason to believe the front guards have been replaced, I had it thoroughly inspected before it was sent for roadworthy and verified that it hasn't been in an accident (and even if they had been would you bother wiring up side repeaters? or fill the holes in the guards - I'd know i'd choose the latter) and if it had been in an accident I'm wondering how you replace both guards but nothing else?

I'd also assume it would mention in the service history I have if it'd been done (it mentions all sorts of small touch ups that have been done, the paint code used, and where it was touched up etc)

I've got a CoA from Porsche Australia confirming it's Australian Delivered, and an early photograph of it with side repeaters.

So it's a bit of a quandary, I think they're original but who knows. But at the end of the day I'm happy with it and not planning on selling it any time soon

Russ,

I apologise if the last post even remotely implied that there was an issue with your ride .....

It was purely in jest within the confines of the preceding discussions.

Feel free to disconnect the hose to my smog pump next time you see me if it will make you feel better .....

You might want to be careful with implying things within this thread when they might affect the value of someones car.... (I think this has been a long time coming as a comment) I'm up for a bit of a laugh as much as the next guy, but there are some things that I wouldn't make jokes (or otherwise) about.

I've got no reason to believe the front guards have been replaced, I had it thoroughly inspected before it was sent for roadworthy and verified that it hasn't been in an accident (and even if they had been would you bother wiring up side repeaters? or fill the holes in the guards - I'd know i'd choose the latter) and if it had been in an accident I'm wondering how you replace both guards but nothing else?

I'd also assume it would mention in the service history I have if it'd been done (it mentions all sorts of small touch ups that have been done, the paint code used, and where it was touched up etc)

I've got a CoA from Porsche Australia confirming it's Australian Delivered, and an early photograph of it with side repeaters.

So it's a bit of a quandary, I think they're original but who knows. But at the end of the day I'm happy with it and not planning on selling it any time soon

It could be that your car was manufactured during the cusp of a change over of models and inherited the later guards and wiring.

My 76 930 AU delivered built 10/75 has side indicators.

I thought it could have been an ADR at first? Though I seem to think there where Australian delivered jap cars that didn't have them in that era?

The yanks opted for an extended indicator in the bumper rather than the side repeater.

The plot thickens. 

That's the one that has sparked the discussions about side indicators .....

Go back a page if you wish to know more about it .....

Has anyone mentioned the brake booster yet? 

76 models didn't have them 

looks like the AH 993 has had a price drop. Blue interior putting people off? 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=AGC-AD-16666443&Cr=36

I don't know if stating an engine rebuild is kosher if it was done in 1987...

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-881623&Cr=54

I don't know if stating an engine rebuild is kosher if it was done in 1987...

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-881623&Cr=54

I feel like that car has been listed since Carsales started! :lol: 

That is one forward date I just don't get (unfortunately its all too common), taking a long-hood car and conveying it to an IB car... maybe it made sense in 1987, but I know what I'd rather, the long hood looks 100x better! 

If as he states it is too low to get into ( in his 78th year),  he should raise it to factory height  and keep driving it ; either that or I can show him some strength & mobility programs to shave 20 years off his life...

@JV911 (and perhaps Ben C3.0), did the 76 MY Carrera 3.0 have a brake booster option, or was this only introduced for the MY 77 model year?

I don't know whether it was an option but I distinctly remember test driving a yellow one a few years ago that did't have a brake booster. Still kicking myself for not buying it!

That is one forward date I just don't get (unfortunately its all too common), taking a long-hood car and conveying it to an IB car... maybe it made sense in 1987, but I know what I'd rather, the long hood looks 100x better! 

I wonder if we'll all be thinking the same thing in a few years about the current backdating craze 

Could be the first backdated forward date? $75k yeah right.....been that price for years and not sold, time to rethink the strategy perhaps?

If it's the same one,  it's a 78 930 fitted with a DP Motorsport kit.  3.3 litre Kremer engine with adjustable waste gate control between the seats.  Originally a Silver 930 with black interior delivered new to Ireland where it was converted, painted white and a red interior fitted.  Imported into Australia by two brothers,  when ?  not sure. They had it up for sale but I don't know whether it sold then.  A year or so later it showed up in a scam, not saying this is a scam.

CAUTION

I have just checked my photos and this photo is the same as that used in the scam of  December, 2011

the Ad itself confirms this

DESCRIPTION

Porsche 1978, 930 Turbo. Factory right hand drive, fitted with a 935 body kit, car is in excellent condition, photos speak for themselves,all 4 tyres as new rego till 4/2012

Has this been mentioned here? http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-3135739/?Cr=5&sdmvc=1

WANT!

White 964C4 in Brisbane asking $76,000 says 42,000 km. Some nice stripes although not sure about the chequered flag on the rear deck lid but need to see it in the flesh.

Has this been mentioned here? http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-3135739/?Cr=5&sdmvc=1

WANT!

White 964C4 in Brisbane asking $76,000 says 42,000 km. Some nice stripes although not sure about the chequered flag on the rear deck lid but need to see it in the flesh.

it was at Cars & Coffee last month, I think there's even pictures of it in the thread