Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Shitbox (can I say that ?) 3.2 condition wise in the 30's that probably needs $15-20k minimum spent on it between paint and mechanicals and people are in a frenzy bidding for it.....or that 2006 Cayman S for $54k.......let me think for a nanosecond

I love P cars especially the old slow ones but this is crazy. So much better value in either modern far more powerful and comfortable P cars or dare I say it other marques....

I know they aren't making anymore of them but you could say the same about Leyland Marina's or Hillman Imps....

Dave

Shitbox (can I say that ?) 3.2 condition wise in the 30's that probably needs $15-20k minimum spent on it between paint and mechanicals and people are in a frenzy bidding for it.....or that 2006 Cayman S for $54k.......let me think for a nanosecond

I love P cars especially the old slow ones but this is crazy. So much better value in either modern far more powerful and comfortable P cars or dare I say it other marques....

I know they aren't making anymore of them but you could say the same about Leyland Marina's or Hillman Imps....

Dave

Hillman Imps? Please don't compare my shitbox with one of those :)

Don't get me wrong - your 930 is beautiful and I love 3.2's, I was talking more about the fighting over the scraps that seems to be going on....

It does seem crazy, but i guess the reality is that a good 3.2 is worth $70K + so a shit box at $30k still has potential even if you have to throw money at it. On the other side it is nice to own something that appreciates over time. My new (ish) 997 TT loses $30-40K (at least) in value every year. That hurts...

These old bangers provide huge entertainment for the lager lads who race them. Which is quite amusing , because this is not quite what the maker intended. The Imps were surprisingly advanced for their time , even compared to the Professor's sports beetle of the era. I digress , slightly.

These old bangers provide huge entertainment for the lager lads who race them. Which is quite amusing , because this is not quite what the maker intended. The Imps were surprisingly advanced for their time , even compared to the Professor's sports beetle of the era. I digress , slightly.

I am pretty sure we had one when I was a kid. I can't remember the word 'advanced' being slipped into to any conversation though?

12k long hoods and 27k 3.2's all in the matter of a few days? Only natural that the lawyers have been called in to make sense of it all. I look forward to them both being re-listed shortly at largely inflated prices to restore the balance!

I am with you Dave. I just can't get my head around paying top dollar (in my mind) for some puss box that still needs more spent on it.

I just want to drive it and enjoy.

Found myself looking at this tonight.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-968-1993/SSE-AD-2442878

968 CS is on my bucket list....great cars.

I am with you Dave. I just can't get my head around paying top dollar (in my mind) for some puss box that still needs more spent on it.

Without seeming argumentative, and not entering the whole ethical selling tecnicque of the seller, I wouldn't write off the 3.2.

Even if you paid $35k and spent another $30k (over time) you would not only be ahead, but would have a car that is going to gain, be more collectible / sort after, and put a much bigger smile on your face every time you drove it ....

While I take on board your previous comments about wanting something to drive and enjoy, this one certainly shouldn't be written off. "because it needs work" .....

He flew to Melbourne (I think) to inspect it. He said the owner flogged the car pretty hard during the test drive and didn't get a good 'vibe'.

I also spoke to that owner. He seemed to know his stuff.

964 C4 for $78,900: http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/OAG-AD-959254/?Cr=33

Is this the one that was for sale about 18 months ago that Hepcat upset the owner with an assessment of its condition at the time?

Don't mind the colour combination at all. Just need to remove the side sticker though!

I am pretty sure we had one when I was a kid. I can't remember the word 'advanced' being slipped into to any conversation though?

When the AC 911s were being driven around the 'hood by their new proud owners , I doubt the word "quirky" was ever used either.

Imagine the dealer explaining the heating system , or perhaps trying to explain away its failings. (if you don't live in a cold clime it wouldn't have mattered though , but you'd be left wondering why you couldn't get cool in summer). 

Nah,  the Imp was visionary!

more pics and updated description on rust

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1977/SSE-AD-3300781/?Cr=0

not sure if it makes it look better or not 

Tip of iceberg!

And as for 

every time I got behind the wheel, going up and down the Old Pacific highway was such a drag!!

Not such a selling point  ;)