Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I think he must have accidentally added an extra "0"..... or he is just out of his mind.

A GTS for $9k! Me thinks not. I would buy that (and 10 more!)

The car is most likely worth it, certainly on the world stage, but see how it goes in Aus.....

A GTS for $9k! Me thinks not. I would buy that (and 10 more!)

The car is most likely worth it, certainly on the world stage, but see how it goes in Aus.....

Maybe, bit I think it would be difficult to find a Porsche buyer with $100k to spend who would choose a 928.....

Maybe, bit I think it would be difficult to find a Porsche buyer with $100k to spend who would choose a 928.....

If I had the discretionary funds (the inheritance haha) I  would take that over a Bxstr/similarly priced newer 911 in a heartbeat. But we are each to our own , and isn't that a good thing!

Why? Because it is not a 911.....

If I had the discretionary funds (the inheritance haha) I  would take that over a Bxstr/similarly priced newer 911 in a heartbeat. But we are each to our own , and isn't that a good thing!

+1

geez you're brave... ;) 

extremely good example sold for $56k middle of last year. A big price hike since then for sure.

No braver than what some 911s have sold for :D Way over the "value" mark. 928 GTS's are somewhat specialier, esp RHD ones. And at 122,000 it's just run in (not needing "top end rebuild")

I think he must have accidentally added an extra "0"..... or he is just out of his mind.

A couple-few "disappeared" at the $75-85k mark last year...he's building on that.  Probably a $75k car if it is as good as it looks.

Does need belts, water pump etc though, so min. approx maintenance spend would be $5k to bring it up to date, and more likely $6-7k

Edited by KGB

good looking car and reasonable price. the 4s is a good car. byronbaychris will probably slam me for my comments, but i am not being definitive and merely opining based on the ad--note i did not use the word "definitely" in my comments re the car

i agree. Looks good. Would look great in @symsy garage. 

SCAM 930 on carsales. I call the guy & it went to an international number, i asked to see the car & he gave me an address in Eastlake's NSW

I have seen this car on eBay a few times 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1978/SSE-AD-3848705/?Cr=1

Although, the datails check out:

NSW Government. Transport. Roads and Maritime Services
Online ServicesRegistration

Free registration check report

15/02/2016
BFG29X

1978 WHITE PORSCHE 930 SEDAN
VIN/Chassis: ****************0540

The details for the vehicle you entered are displayed below.

• Tare weight: 1320 kg
  • Gross vehicle mass: 

Registration details

• The registration expires on 17/04/2016. 
  • There are no concessions on this registration. 

CTP insurance details

• The CTP policy period end date is 17/04/2016. 
  • Insurer's name: AAMI 
  • Insurer's code: 26 

Vehicle history report

For just $22.00 a vehicle history report will provide further details about this vehicle, including whether the vehicle has been written-off in NSW or interstate. 

Important

If you intend to purchase a vehicle from a private seller, you are strongly advised to visit the Personal Property Securities Register to ensure that the vehicle is not encumbered. To do this go to www.ppsr.gov.au 

Disclaimer

The information available on this site is provided for information of users only. It may not be used to provide advice to others and it is not suitable for use in legal proceedings. Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) takes no responsibility for any use or misuse of information obtained on this site. The information shown is the latest available to RMS at the time of enquiry. The information RMS provides is information which RMS has collected from previous vehicle owners and other vehicle registration authorities throughout Australia. The accuracy of the information depends upon the accuracy of the information which was provided to RMS. RMS does not independently verify the accuracy of the information. RMS makes no warranty as to the correctness of the information provided or its suitability for a particular purpose or any purpose. RMS recommends that you make your own independent investigations. 

Check myRTA.com

If you have been given this certificate by the seller of this vehicle, you may wish to visit myRTA.com to check that the details of this vehicle have not changed, or to check any other vehicles that you may be interested in. 

At Roads and Maritime Services we are always looking to improve the service we offer to customers. You can help us to improve our services by clicking on the link below. 

Click here to take our online survey.

Another TT punter trying his price 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1996/SSE-AD-3853723/?gts=SSE-AD-3853723&gtssaleid=SSE-AD-3853723

Not sure what the go is wth the airducts in the front bumper and the number of seat piccys , there not even sport backs ;)

I havent kept check ..have any sold ..?

When did this last trade out of CTS anyone tracking .

9/10.  Would buy.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-12420557?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

Smit get onto it.  Tip would be perfect for me and SY is the best.  Wish it had a tan interior personally so deducted 1 point.

9/10.  Would buy.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-12420557?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

Smit get onto it.  Tip would be perfect for me and SY is the best.  Wish it had a tan interior personally so deducted 1 point.

Speed Yellow :wub:

Turbo , we still have not had your report on the Grey Machine at CTS ;)

went to have a look at the grey machine this morning. Honestly a bit underwhelmed visually (didn't drive it). Sales tried to pass it off as a Singer like car - Nup. Paint job a bit fussy and detail a little too bland. That said all of this you could fix, but that other grey 3.6 backdate would be more to my taste. 

With regards CTS sales of 993tt's. Pretty sure they haven't sold one since early last year when they got rid of 3-4 for the bargain pricing of $180k to I think Upto around $250k

Edited by turboT