Tit-Wagon - 964C2

Tit

All looking excellent Tiann. Any leaks that need addressing? I seem to remember chatting with yourself prior to my own 964 purchase over 5 years ago now, about a re-seal you performed just after purchasing the 964? 

• 1 month later...

Ok....so my parts were trapped in Australian customs for over three weeks. But they all got through.

Also...plated bits!

i-tgrq47G-X3.jpg

Next issue: on re-assembly, it looks like the bolt holes on the fan housing are warped enough to cause interference with the fan. So....new housing ordered.

Nevertheless, we made some progress yesterday:

• RSR seals installed on rocker shafts.
  • Valve adjust, valve covers reinstalled with new seals and a bit of liquid gasket.
  • Brakes done (still need a bleed)
  • Torn clutch slave boot replaced.

i-5dtJXjK-L.jpg

i-ZqkmqHs-L.jpg

i-QWfmJ8h-L.jpg

Also, I tried to install a Rothsport steering rack brace. No way does that fit on there. The external lines just would not allow it to fit. Not just moving the lines out of the way, but the connections themselves were in the way. So I'll be selling that brace to anyone that's interested...

(Sorry, no brace in this picture, but the connection in the middle of the rack was right in the way).

i-GKmLMWd-L.jpg

11 hours ago, clutch-monkey said:

Reading between the lines of the blurb for it on their website- it seems to fit 993 and maaybe late 964?

Yeah, lots of 964 peeps have them.  There was a risk it wouldn't fit I guess...The rack has been rebuilt, maybe they used new fittings?

8 hours ago, JV911 said:

Where did you get the electroplating done mate?

No idea! My mechanic sent it out.  Somewhere in Canberra.  Want me to find out?

On 10/11/2019 at 12:24, Tit said:

Also, I tried to install a Rothsport steering rack brace. No way does that fit on there. The external lines just would not allow it to fit. Not just moving the lines out of the way, but the connections themselves were in the way. So I'll be selling that brace to anyone that's interested...

(Sorry, no brace in this picture, but the connection in the middle of the rack was right in the way).

Bugger. Mine just arrived yesterday! hope it fits!

15 hours ago, Tit said:

Hopefully.  What year is your car?  I wonder if my lines are different because of the rebuild?

Mine's a 1990 (89 configuration) C4. Earl from Rothsport informed me it'd work but I just may need to bend the hydraulic lines. Will see how we go.

8 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Mine's a 1990 (89 configuration) C4. Earl from Rothsport informed me it'd work but I just may need to bend the hydraulic lines. Will see how we go.

Same build year as mine.  In pics online, I see the connections are positioned differently to mine. In Rothsport's photos, the lines come perpendicularly out of the rack.  Mine exit parallel to the rack...

Rothsport-Chassis-993-Steering-Rack-Brac

• 4 weeks later...