My new ride

raafrebel

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally! got myself a porsche. 1978 930 turbo, matching numbers, One off customer order paint (porsche germany verified) rare factory recaro sports seats!!

Pretty happy chappy

Hey Raafrebel

Congratulations what a fantastic looking machine.

go enjoy it...

ok, so how do i become a finacial member? is this part of the NSW porsche owners club?

We're not related to any of the Porsche clubs, but we have a lot of people that are both current and ex members of the different clubs

go to the shop (up the top next to the paint brush) and buy the financial membership from there

Looks like the 930 from Ian at Pennant Hills Ford. Nice looking car, I had a quick look at it when I was on the hunt for a PCar. Congratulations.

That's correct Ben. He seems to have a few Porkers now and again.

Was he the guy on ACA?

Was he the guy on ACA?

Yes i think so. BUT, he is acually a nice guy. A current affair arnt exacly honest themselfs, anything for a story. Aslo, if i had some idiot coming into my shop and telling me what i should and shouldnt be doing, he too would end up with a black eye!!

I had a reputable porsche shop go over the whole car befor i laid my cash down. There is a few minor problems with the car , i can fix myself. I have a huge shed full of tools and a hoist.

The car actually has a couple rare options. the paint is a "one off" customer order paint. who ever bought the car from new bought it as a tourist car. he picked his own paint color and the factory painted it. ( shit, I would hate to think how much extra that would cost!!)

Also has factory recaro sport seats, apparently another rare factory extra.

Also came with another set of 18" wheels and new tyres!!

I was suprised to see the car for sale for so long. The only real issue is the second gear sincro is warn, meaning a box re build in the near future. ( the shop quoted me 5k to fix) I can pull it all apart and have a shop repair it.

however, it does have all history in a folder as thick as an old bible with details from back to when it was purchased. New engine @ 2000 km ago. it drives beutifull!!

I sold a very rare tri power corvette to buy this car, so i hope its worth it!!

so, I think i got an absolute bargin. Most of the 930s i have seen for sale are well over 65k.  

I will be picking it up on thursday, cant wait!! my first big drive will be to the historic car races , Phillip Island at the begining of march, via the snowy mts!!

This will be my first big sports car trip i have ever done, I usually fang through the mountains on one of my bikes!!

Archived