Daniel Ricciardo

Niko

Good luck for tomorrow young fella.  

What a great day of qualifying... he can do it in the dry and just about do it the best in the wet. :D

I know it's early days, but what a great inspirational F1 driver example he is. :D    

I hope he never changes his demeanour and keeps smiling. :D  

(Bet Seb is spewin..... :P . :angry:

And what a breath of fresh air to have Mark WEBBER doing the comments etc on the telly. :)

Can't wait for tomorrow....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's unwatchable...I just find him incredibly irritating.

Almost as much as Greg Rust.

what's wrong with Alan Jones?

I liked webbers take on the day and hope he's on again tomorrow

and good luck to Daniel

Ahem, Daniel Ricciardo is actually a Western Australian, which all of us over here know makes him faster, smarter, and better looking.

I mean compared to Sebastien, not you lot, of course.

Go you good thing, Daniel.

I was at the GP today and the reaction to Dan's drive was brilliant. It didn't matter what team you supported, everyone was happy for him.  It was a bonus to see Seb sulking about his drive.  I was there supporting Kimi so was disappointed to see him hit the wall but DR's effort made up for it.

It appeared that Alan Jones was a bit put off by Webber's enthusiasm and wasn't sure when to jump in..  I thought it was great to see some genuine excitement in the commentary instead of a flat technical analysis.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

How insightful and accurate was Mark Webber's commentary?  He knows everything about everybody.  He was even commenting on the body language of the drivers as they were being interviewed, when they were making honest comments and when they were making politically correct statements from the team management!  He can read the drivers actions and spot deficiencies.  What a great asset to the team.  By contrast, Alan Jones could only sit on and remember the days when he was so sharp.  Time to retire Alan!

Granted Alan Jones is a bit nutty and has the financial reverse mitres touch, but he did do what no other antipodean has done in the last 40 years and won a F1 world championship in a very competitive era. I think that allows him a little bit of latitude.

Anyway - sorry for being negative.

Even if DR was at the back of the grid, his massive grin and enthusiasm is enough to have me following him.

Kinda reminds me of Petter Solberg....always grinning like a mad-man!

Was so pleased to see Daniel do well.

I was hoping but never really expecting him to out qualify Seb this weekend.

I think if its a dry race he'll find it tough but a wet race will give hime the best opportunity.

I was also disappointed to hear the sound of the new cars.

I was getting used to them right up until they did that ultimate challenge with the road car, the taxi with the body kit :P  and the 2012 Redbull F1.

Just listening to Vettel's old F1 car was sensational  

last year's car made 150db and this year's is 100db  :angry:

Anyway - sorry for being negative.

Even if DR was at the back of the grid, his massive grin and enthusiasm is enough to have me following him.

Kinda reminds me of Petter Solberg....always grinning like a mad-man!

That's a fantastic clip.

Re AJ, I agree with 550 Spyder, he may be a little out of date in this day and age, but he has been there and done that, so he has my respect there.

I think DR has an incredible likeable prescence, and even non motor racing fans will be taking a liking to him

Not only will he have all of OZ behind him, he will be winning fans from other F1 teams.

Great acquisition REDBULL.

I really hope he never changes.....

Interesting comment also from MW re Seb, referring to his new baby and the recent tragedy with SCHUEY that he (MW) thinks Seb's priorities in life may have changed....

Go DR. Let's hope his car is a bit more reliable than MW,s was at times.

Happy to have a sand groper there.

Great result, all 3 on the podium are or will be great for the new era of F1.

Fantastic drive from DR, lots of good results to come.

I may be in the minority here, but after the first couple of laps, I thought it was a pretty boring GP though...

And....I reckon WEBBER should have been the one to do the post race interviews on the podium, so the OZ crowd could have also given him some closure from F1.

I guess they were sort of hamstrung though seeing as AJ is a world champ.

GO DR for 2014.

+1 all that, Niko.

AJ deserves respect as our most recent F1 world champ. But I don't think media is his forte. I think Webber was on a beach up north Qld. This was Daniel's moment so perhaps he wanted to keep his distance. Hopefully we'll see more of MW throughout the season.

Meanwhile there's this little race in the land of le frog

Archived