Daniel Ricciardo

Niko

Brings back memories that Petter Solberg clip.  If I remember right, the championship came down to the last stage of the last round and he just pipped Loeb.  

Can't say I really folllow F1, never really found it exciting compared to rally....

And don't tell my wife, but just quietly, i think i'm in love with Renee Gracie!  It doesn't hurt that she's attractive, but any chick that can peddle a GT3 cup car at pace is hot in my book!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They sound crap on the telly too.

I couldn't believe when I first heard them. They sound like formula ford racers.

Is it the rev limit? The turbos?

They have to fix this. I have heard better road cars.

Chris,

What investigation?

Dave

Oh Jeez . I have just found it on the web. 

Poor bugger after all that effort and exhilaration they might take the result off him.

What annoys me is the everyday newspapers write it in way that Ricciardo was the one that exceeded the fuel limit.

He wouldn't have had a clue about it.

If there is a discrepancy it is the engineering team that mucked up, not DR.

He still drove a magnificent race.

What really urks me is that smug brat Vettel will be clapping his hands in the knowledge that DR hasn't got one on him.

I must apologise to those that posted yesterday about the rubbish sound of the new turbo era f1 cars. I had dismissed this as alarmist over reaction. You were spot on.

We watched the race from the first corner and I was seeing the cars at the 150m breaking marker before I could hear them. They sounded complete rubbish, it was just heartbreaking after so many years of screaming v8s. It was like Cabernet without tannin, pav without cream, bert without earnie.

A bit of a looming train wreck for circuit attendances. I certainly wouldn't be in any hurry to go back until they fix the sound issues and I would regard myself as a hardcore fan.

I put the blame squarely with Red Bull engineers, utter rubbish! They knew the new rules and every other team got it right. Daniel put in a great effort and drove superbly only to be punished because of what? Incompetence? Ignorance? These guys are supposed to be the best in the biz and this seems like a monumental oversight.

Not over yet, apparently the appeal which REDBULL are going to do, may result in DR not losing his placing and just the team being penalised with loss of Manufactures points and a monetary penalty. :)

This has precedence from other similar offences in the past.

Due to the consistent lap times put in by DR it apparently shows he took no advantage of the possible assistance that may have been there (however that works).   And if he had have taken advantage of it (if he even knew of course) he would have run out of petrol before the end of the race.

It appears it is a technical fault and it did not make him go any quicker.

Also the measuring devices (flow meter) used were not consistent between Friday and Race Day.   One on Friday was faulty, so they tried another one and apparently then went back to the one used on Friday. :blink:

I have absolutely NFI what I am talking about, just what I am hearing on the radio as I type this up... :unsure:

Sounds like a confusing dilemma, lets hope he keeps his points, his placing and his smile :D .

A lady in the RED BULL hospitality tent who was interviewed on Sunday, mentioned the only thing DR is lacking is a toothpaste sponsor. :D    

so basically Red Bull decided the fuel flow metre was faulty, and went to their own fuel usage model.

when the FIA says they should've been told about the faulty fuel metre, and then the FIA would've decided to go to the backup fuel model or otherwise..

no fault of Dan's

It was fantastic to see Dan do so well. He was strong in practice, qualifying and the race. And i agree, i hope he never loses that smile. It has fast become his trademark. Very marketable, which is great for a young guy trying to break into brutally, competitive sport. 

The fuel situation is a worry for the sport. I thought the tank was filled with X amount and if you ran out then you ran out. This situation of having to use X amount per hour is not good for the viewer and even worse when the results are determined later using technical calculations. no one is interested in that, even die hard F1 tragics like myself. 

I didn't mind the sound. But then i didn't much care for the high pitched shriek of the old engines. I thought they all sounded the same. 

From what I am hearing this afternoon there seems a pretty good chance that RBR will win the appeal and get the position reinstated.

Lets hope so.....

Yea I hate to see races decided on some technial fault. Dan deserved his second place and raced fair and sqaure. He should be reinstated into 2nd place.

Personally I felt for Massa, punted off at the very start of the race, but his time will come the Williams looks good in race trim and I almost look at the Williams and think if Porsche were in F1 then this is exactly how the car would look (Martini livery that is I doubt Porsche would design such an ugly nose).

Archived