Daniel Ricciardo

Niko

It was fantastic to see Dan do so well. He was strong in practice, qualifying and the race. And i agree, i hope he never loses that smile. It has fast become his trademark. Very marketable, which is great for a young guy trying to break into brutally, competitive sport. 

The fuel situation is a worry for the sport. I thought the tank was filled with X amount and if you ran out then you ran out. This situation of having to use X amount per hour is not good for the viewer and even worse when the results are determined later using technical calculations. no one is interested in that, even die hard F1 tragics like myself. 

I didn't mind the  impediment to sound. But then i didn't much care for the high pitched shriek of the old engines. I thought they all sounded the same. 

Agreed!

Fuel metering - an artificial impediment that will disrupt/distract genuine talent and good racing. Is this progress?

Let's not forget that this is entertainment overlaid by the FIA's social & "green" aspirations.

Remember that so much more of this formula is also heavily regulated. It looks like an interesting but potentially boring year.

I hope I am wrong as I like what DR brings to the sport.

My 2 bob's worth...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm way off the mark, but if the tanks were filled with X amount of fuel and the drivers ability to drive smooth helped with economy, I don't mind that. I think back to Alain Prost's win at Adelaide in '86.

I felt the same about the tyre situation. I thought great, we will really see who is quick and also those who can drive smooth to preserve tyres and make less stops. Unfortunately the governing body took it too far and no matter what the driver must stop..

Anyway, I'm getting off track. Dan proved himself and I'm not fussed about the result..

I can't help thinking this is an over-reaction to the criticism of motor sport as being wasteful. ie not 'green' enough. Regulating the fuel flow is a step too far. The new engines are already using 30% less fuel. With each car limited to 100kg of fuel and a max. flow of 100kg per hour. Leave it up to the drivers to regulate with their right foot to stretch that fuel for a 2 hour race.

And then there is the sound (or lack of it). Probably a reaction to complaints. Ironically, an Albert Park local I was next to in the stand wanted to go home so she could see and HEAR the race. The spectacle of going to the track for the full sensory experience is dead. I won't be going next year, instead I'll just watch it on telly.

Political correctness is killing sport and DR is it's latest victim.

Hy Mr B

Thanks for the added значение

But what is you opinion?

1) The technical delegate reported to the stewards that car #3 exceeded the required fuel mass flow of 100kg/h. (article 5.1.4 of the Formula 1 technical regulations)

Always is good to follow protocol.  FIA is big boss (even if Bernie bigger little BOSS).

Remember please RichYardo is working RedBulls marketing department.  More TV time in 2nd, or much less TV times in 9th.... WC Points result same after DQ.   Fettel = 0 TV time.

Helmut Markko is tough google eye cookie.

Must sell Energy Drinks!

*conspiracy BUSTED.

d11jpn10711.jpg

The new regulations are just stupid.  Nobody cares about fuel flow rates. If they must limit consumption, do it with a max amount of fuel.  But these regs and the new engines - do they not know who their audience is?  The pace car is the only one that sounds remotely like a race car now.

Why are they trying to appeal to the eco-lobby?  Any hairy forest protestor would have been marching in those rallies, not attending Albert park because now the cars are x% more efficient than last year and are now 'saving the planet'.

Fix it fast, Bernie.  This is one of your worst screw ups.

I might also add it's no wonder Webber bailed when he did. He probably saw the new car and the new rules and went.... yeah, think I'd rather go racing in a real racing car.

The Le Mans cars are also now green and highly restricted by there fuel use and energy recovery systems too, but Le Mans has been doing that for a while now. Personally I think both F1 and Le Mans should have all the fuel and rubber they can use, as motorsport at an elite level, should always be about the best drivers and best cars winning. I'll still watch though, as I love it :)

Plus they need V16 and 12 litres capacity.   Are you live in the 80's?  

I might also add it's no wonder Webber bailed when he did. He probably saw the new car and the new rules and went.... yeah, think I'd rather go racing in a real racing car.

2000cc V4 Turbo +  Engine Generator Unit / Lithium-ion Batteries. 

2014 regs
Energy and its consumption are becoming the key feature. In the future, energy charts will define the maximum consumption per lap. Automobile manufacturers have to choose one of four energy classes. The chart allows a maximum of recovered hybrid energy, which may be reused in a certain way, in combination with absolute fuel consumption per lap. Flow meters in all the race cars check these consumption levels and transmit the data to the stewards of the meeting on each lap. The same happens with the energy amounts of the hybrid system. This makes a tactical distribution of fuel consumption over the entire race distance impossible. Instead, anytime the prescribed maximum levels are exceeded, the excess consumption must be compensated for within three laps, otherwise penalties may be imposed. Therefore, when it comes to covering the longest distance within a given period of time, the only things that count are the most efficient race car and the corresponding driving style of the driver.

*благодаря motorsport.com

Is like Rubik's cubes racing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived