Quotes (Maybe I changed one)

In relation to the great 928 , Anatoly " Lapine favored unadorned designs- "When little kids draw a car, they draw a beetle. When little kids draw a fast car, they draw a flattened beetle with a big exhaust pipe: in other words, a Porsche. That's how simple and archetypal good design is,""

"The new engines don't have spark plugs now they have the direct injection system" ( by F1 commentator )

(something along those lines)

Oops! He let slip on the secret diesel F1 engines for this season. That might explain the sound.

I think about this at Krav when things are getting hard. It always spurs me on.

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

D.H Lawrence

"What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line?"  "They couldn't hit an Elephant at this distance"

Union Major General John Sedgwick seconds before his death from a confederate sharpshooter

"going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion"

Jed Babbin, Former undersecretary of defence in the bush administration

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor classic Porsche ownership.”

Getting away from car related quotes could get ugly.

Anything from Blackadder for a start. Such as the Germanic "sausage time" of young Prince George.

Oh, don't start with Blackadder quotes it will redefine the word infinity.

One of my favorites

"When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep. Not kicking and screaming like his passengers."   Anonymous.

Archived