Gday , name's Bruce!

tazzieman

Bruce.jpg

Bruce: [breaking through a porthole while blood-crazy] Heeeerrrreeee's Brucie! 

bruce1.jpg

Right now I'm on the trading post looking for a couple of vintage planes (how much?) - then Tassie winter , here we come  :D

928_Rudd.png

Big thanks to Stuart for looking after this for the past 12 years (he's bought a lovely manual S4) and thanks to Phil Rudd for giving a lad some inspiration  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUqRkWaXJRA

philrudd9281979jpg.png

Hairdresser car, lol

Engine is properly rebuilt 5.0L full German sausage V8 with high comp , etc. Goes Well, sounds  :D

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My apologies, i see you have 3 Porsche children…..

Actually 4.

They all have different flavours.

Horses for different courses. Like children , it is not wise to have a favourite. Mind you , the runt of the litter 924 will be sold soon , as her indoors says there are too many wheels lying around the place.

Nice work Taz. Love the 928. must be a blast to drive. I gather it is not stock, so what has been done to her ?

Haven't spoken to the engine builder yet (was done 10 yrs ago) but 5.0 L block and early heads , retains K Jetronic (which I understand!) and has raised comp. Not sure what internals - he used bits from 3 engines I believe. The rear muffler "bypass" is a great feature. Hope to get a directional microphone to add to my new gopro so I can post some decent sound.

The handling is amazing , but yet to really push it. It's just a great cruiser and it's getting very positive attention wherever I go (&stop!).

Waiting for some dork to challenge me at the lights. Not sure what I'll do, but this thing is pretty nippy.

It's basically simple , but they made the engine vacuum do all sorts of useful stuff , not just "engine biofeedback" related !

In the earliest 928s , the central locking is vacuum operated , in mine the headlight angle can be adjusted with a dial...

Shades of the Citroen DS and its multitasking hydraulics.

Fascinating engineering solutions  :)

It's basically simple , but they made the engine vacuum do all sorts of useful stuff , not just "engine biofeedback" related !

In the earliest 928s , the central locking is vacuum operated , in mine the headlight angle can be adjusted with a dial...

Shades of the Citroen DS and its multitasking hydraulics.

Fascinating engineering solutions  :)

More things to go wrong LOL

I'm forever fixing stuff on my 944 that use to work. 

Next will be the headlight washers.

Next will be the headlight washers.

Good god man,  you don't need those! They are for Europeans who drive in crap weather.

Old Bruce has a facility for a special washer fluid just for the headlights , and a circuit with relay for controlling it all.

Needless to say , I pull/disconnect all the non-essential stuff. I just want the plane to take off , fly and land safely!

Archived