EOI. Gemballa GTR. Twin turbo 3.2

Is this car in Queanbeyan? Pretty sure I saw it on Yass Rd today.

Yes, this is Martins car, he is an air cooled Kollektiv member, lives in the region.

That car is pretty impressive.

Yes, this is Martins car, he is an air cooled Kollektiv member, lives in the region.

That car is pretty impressive.

Any ideas as to why it has been sitting on the market for so long?

Any ideas as to why it has been sitting on the market for so long?

I don't think the car is the issue Hugh, it's pretty clean.

Most likely the market isn't ready to go to Martins price, or he isn't ready to meet the market just yet ;)

I don't think the car is the issue Hugh, it's pretty clean.

Most likely the market isn't ready to go to Martins price, or he isn't ready to meet the market just yet ;)

Fair enough, it's been raised on here a few times so I thought I'd ask. (Sorry for the thread hijack).

Yeah I think it's a good car but as its a 911 with a turbo motor it becomes more a sum of its parts than the whole if that makes sense. From my talks with Martin it needs some paint and brakes (still has SC brakes not turbo brakes).

A person less savy might see it and snap it up as it ticks all the boxes for them but for me I'm happy to sit and wait to see if my car sells first then talk to him about price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Martin,  Just had dinner with my mate Kerry the moderator, who alerted me to this thread.  Will talk again soon after I get those docs from you.  Cheers.  Rex.

• 2 weeks later...

Only problem with a 935 is I live in Soviet Australia and would be sent to the salt mines the first time I drove it. :(

There is another non Porsche I have on my long bucket list of car to own at least once. 

steve-mcqueen-60-ac-cobra427.jpg

50 years ago they were getting >650hp at 7500rpm from the 427 engines.

Think about that. And don't mention fuel economy because no-one with a >600hp engine worries about fuel costs.

The car is born series with the Cobra is a good one. Even though he built a kit and put a tiny 5.7 L donk in!  

I had a friend in the early '70s who got an early inheritance (his gran died) and he bought a 2 litre AC Ace with Bristol engine.

Wonderful, fast and light  & handled braked superbly. He got really annoyed when older people & chicks often mistook it for an MGB!! 

I wonder if any of the replicas can duplicate the handling & balance that the real ACs had ? If they dont - you may as well get yourself a Morgan Plus 8

Strictly speaking...they are what would be called a 'front mid engined' car as the engine is behind the line of the front axle.

I though most of the modern day replicas ran bespoke suspension. I remember back in the day they all seemed to have jag rear suspension.

Archived