PORSCHE MACAN REVIEW 2014

Niko

It looks cool, but not something i'd drive. The problem i see because of the good price, people will start buying because of the name.

And one day you'll be sitting at a dinner next to someone who you'll be talking cars with (what else to guys talk about :P )and they'd ask you "what car do you drive" You'd respond with "i've got a porsche 911,944, 912, boxster ect.. you?" and your new mate would reply with "Oh i've got a porsche too" Excitingly you'd respond "oh now way what one" "a macan"

What would you say after that? "oh cool... do they make them for men?"  :ph34r:

Start comparing power to weight ratios  , that sort of talk separates the enthusiasts from the soccer moms/dads  :)

I'm sure the Macan is a fine car for fine people. I'll get to see it in da flesh next Saturday.

A very good friend who is quite an enthusiast and has cars that most of us could only ever dream of owning has one on order.

I think they are a great looking car and would be very happy to have one in the garage.....

Any idea of official towing capacity. I need to turn over a 5 year old X5 diesel would prefer something a bit smaller. But I need to be able to tow a 2.1 tonne caravan a few times a year and have something fun and nimble in between. X5 can tow 2.7t so does it effortlessly. Range rover sport 3.5t bit monstrous. I've seen a couple of different specs on macan diesel but can't be sure. Q5 can only tow around 2t (marginal) but for some reason SQ5 has 2.4t capacity.

I've read that no one buys a macan for towing but.......if it works me me towing a few times a year, could be the perfect compromise.

Interesting beast indeed. Some criticism of being rather heavy, however the Turbo certainly sorts that.

I find it amazing that 70% of sales went to first time Porsche owners.Porsche have potentially tapped into a fresh market to boost their already incredible bottom line, allowing for the continued development of the 911.

I'm in the market for a new "family" vehicle to replace the rather large CX-9. This is perfect.

Alas, I can buy 3 x Mazda-3s for the base Macan.

Alas, I can buy 3 x Mazda-3s for the base Macan.

You can't help but ask is it 3 times as good? Doubt it. Would I like it 3 times more? Probably. It would be nice to have a Porsche for the whole family, makes the mundane just that little bit more special!

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Pauly, that is one of the best posts I have seen on a forum...you deserve a medal for that !!

So when it this car being released, clearly some here are in the Porsche "circle of trust" and invited to a launch....

Having recently done some laps of my favorite test track in an Audi SQ5, which I believe it shares DNA with, It would take some pretty fancy driving in an older P,Car to keep up with it on a twisty road,

Any idea of official towing capacity. I need to turn over a 5 year old X5 diesel would prefer something a bit smaller. But I need to be able to tow a 2.1 tonne caravan a few times a year and have something fun and nimble in between. X5 can tow 2.7t so does it effortlessly. Range rover sport 3.5t bit monstrous. I've seen a couple of different specs on macan diesel but can't be sure. Q5 can only tow around 2t (marginal) but for some reason SQ5 has 2.4t capacity.

I've read that no one buys a macan for towing but.......if it works me me towing a few times a year, could be the perfect compromise.

It's 2.4 Tonnes... Which is one reason I decided to pull the pin on my order.

I don't think the X5 can be beat as a tow rig!

Archived