Dan Ricciardo wins first F1 GP

Simonoz

Congratulations to Daniel on his first win in F1. How special it is to have an Australian lad doing so well in F1. Daniels family have long been great supporters and participants in the WA motor racing scene, and they will be so proud of his efforts. The best bit is that he's just as he appears to be, a really good kid.

What a great win. I agree Simon he does appear to be a very nice person. You could actually see the Vettel was genuinely pleased for him to which speaks volumes for the kind of person Dan is.

Just thrilled for him

C

Yes, What an awesome race. Poor luck for the 2 Merc's with power recovery issues but great to see Daniel pounce on Perez and then take Rosberg for the win,

Truly well deserved. 

Great to see Dan consistently beat his team mate, it's such a refreshing change to F1.

It was also good to see some good old fashioned reliability issues bring the race back to the field. This is the sort of thing that got me into F1 20 or so years ago, you never new what was going to happen until the flag came down.

I wonder if he saw him and had time to dab the brake, or whether it was all over before it even registered what had happened.

I also noticed that Massa was still holding the wheel when he went into the wall.  I would have thought he was smarter than that - Pérez had a go at saving it, realised it was futile and let go for the impact.

A bit late, but it's on ONE now

Was channel surfing just incase

Found it on the tenplay app :)

Aside - I wish Ch 10 would stick to what channel they are going to broadcast it on....sometimes on One and others 10 and inevitably the season link function on Foxtel doesn't record.

What a great guy Daniel is.

He seems to show this very rare combination of being both modest and reserved when talking about himself

BUT he also has very controlled confidence in his own ability and (i believe) absolute aggression when the lights go out

What an ambassador 

• 3 months later...

I thought Alonso would be a great team up with Dan at RedBull. I feel sorry for Vergne, he has been at Torro Rosso for a while now and every time he gets a new team mate it's lasts briefly before they get promoted to Red Bull. Let's Hope Kvyat can step up and perform well like Dan has.

Archived