911 SC Engine and Gearbox Drop

Caledonian

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Mike!  That's a fantastic achievement especially considering you were only going in to change some oil cooler thingies.

Buy the way….did you gas yourself?  Your tail pipe appears to be pointing into the garage :huh:

woo got the coil dust cap eh! some nice video editing too

Once i saw yours i had to have one :wub: Computer did all the work really...

Congratulations Mike!  That's a fantastic achievement especially considering you were only going in to change some oil cooler thingies.

Buy the way….did you gas yourself?  Your tail pipe appears to be pointing into the garage :huh:

Yes that did occur to me too! my original thought was a couple of weekends and $30 worth of parts and I'll be back on the road.... NOT!

No gassing as there is a door at both ends, it was easier to have the car that way round once the engine was out.

Awesome stuff Mike, I love the little clapping you do about the 50 sec mark when it sits there idling  :)

It wasn't clapping, i was patting myself on the back :)

Great work Mike, can't wait to see you out on the road again. Must have that happy face after 6 weeks!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D no not that i noticed.....

Great to see it running again and sounding so good.

Mike - do you normally have an auxiliary fan sitting up on the LHS rear side of the motor?

I do on mine but I cant get it to run (even though when I put power to it directly off a battery it runs OK).

Have you ever noticed it running on yours? Do know which function turns this fan on, in an unmolested SC? (mine has a console delete).

Regards

Peter 78 3,0 SC

Glad you all enjoyed the video, I couldn't think of a movie title last night but then Nathan's (AKA Flat Six) post gave me an idea!

How about " Bringing SXC back"...;-)

I still need to reassemble the rear bumper, fit all the heater hoses, check/top up the oil etc. then we can go for a shake down run, but that might end up being on the way to C&C this Saturday... Feeling the pressure Al...?

Great to see it running again and sounding so good.

Mike - do you normally have an auxiliary fan sitting up on the LHS rear side of the motor?

I do on mine but I cant get it to run (even though when I put power to it directly off a battery it runs OK).

Have you ever noticed it running on yours? Do know which function turns this fan on, in an unmolested SC? (mine has a console delete).

Regards

Peter 78 3,0 SC

Yes I do, it's just not fitted back yet. I have the "Autoheat" system that controls the fan/blower (when it's working) if yours had it (Autoheat) and now has just the 2 red levers by the handbrake the fan should come on when you lift the levers, unless it's been disconnected or the micro switches at the levers are faulty. If its running with direct power the motor is good so I would check the connections/switches/fuse etc. if you have not already done so.

Now the weather is warming up again (in QLD )it will probably be next year before i get round to fixing mine <_<

Hi Caledonian, did you have to do any re-tuning of the CIS, or did it retain all its settings?

Nice work mate, will be doing some work on mine shortly and you've been quite the inspiration!

Not so far and the hunting or fluctuating idle has always been there since i got the car, it usually levels out in less than a minute.  From what I've read it can be a characteristic of the SC's and the WUR (warm up regulator) being faulty or needing adjustment is probably the cause. The vehicle history shows the injectors being replaced and the WUR(exchanged) less than 20K ago.

Although I replaced all the injector seals, intake rubbers and gaskets I didn't have any (noticeable) CIS problems before so she should be OK but I'll not know for certain until I go for a drive.

It would probably would be worth my while getting the CIS checked out/tuned, but as the drivability of the car is (was) good I'll just add it to the list for now.

Look forward to hearing about you go with yours.

Nope no pressure, if it's done it's done if it isn't, meh, it'll be done when it is.

I'll be and cars n coffee regardless.

Glad you all enjoyed the video, I couldn't think of a movie title last night but then Nathan's (AKA Flat Six) post gave me an idea!

How about " Bringing SXC back"...;-)

I still need to reassemble the rear bumper, fit all the heater hoses, check/top up the oil etc. then we can go for a shake down run, but that might end up being on the way to C&C this Saturday... Feeling the pressure Al...?

Archived