911 SC Engine and Gearbox Drop

Caledonian

What's this "maybe" rubbish. If both your cars are not at c&c I'll take it as a personal insult.

OH! the pressure of being in the "Air cooled" gang.. :wacko:

love your work Mike, any idea on what the CIS parts cost in bits in total? i know my injector seals are stuffed and it'd be nice to go through the whole intake

Sorry Russ thought i posted that..$74 (ish) for 6 x Injector seals, sleeves and o-rings Ex Porsche Brisbane

Looking great mate, we'll debut them together at Cars and Coffee maybe

Hope i can turn up with more than CV joint boot this time  :lol:

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really needed  to force myself today as I'm feeling a bit under the weather, serious too man flu the worst kind... :rolleyes:

IMG_1371_zps2e9fe533.jpg

IMG_1372_zps74631cf8.jpg

IMG_1373_zps4767b2b1.jpg

IMG_1374_zps2b4da713.jpg

IMG_1375_zps72aa7bb0.jpg

IMG_1376_zps09d8e969.jpg

IMG_1377_zps3a32f10d.jpg

IMG_1379_zpse14c6b48.jpg

Probably took me and hour to get it back in and bolted up, a 2nd pair of hands and i reckon it would have taken half that time..

Vid if it running when you can ;). Great job.

Did you notice your oil lines near the oil tank rub at all? Mine seem to be touching and I'm not sure if it is an install issue.

If you flick through the last post quickly it look like a movie :rolleyes:

Yes they do touch slightly and so did the old ones but in a different place, been like that for a year now and no signs of rubbing through so I'll just keep an eye on it.  

Well done on an awsome job.....

I wish I had the knowhow /space / tools to do this kind of work....

Must be very satisfying to have done it.....

Thank you , and if it starts and does not leak oil (at least from the same place) then I'll be satisfied ;)

I do enjoy working on the car, its just finding the time to do it is the problem and a few hours here and there is why things end up taking so long. I started this 6 weeks ago and it's really only 3-4 days work if you include all the cleaning,painting etc. With only part time labour and waiting for parts,getting some outsourced jobs done is what drags these D. I. Y jobs out.

Yes i have a good tool kit but thats only as I used to earn my money with them a long time ago, you could buy decent enough stuff for what I've done for not too much these days.

Space, yes that does make things easier especially if you have long gaps between working on the car.

Knowledge, well thats just at the touch of a button these days, and basic mechanical skills is all that was required for what I've done.

Give it a go yourself, you know you want to :D

Sorry Russ thought i posted that..$74 (ish) for 6 x Injector seals, sleeves and o-rings Ex Porsche Brisbane

oh yeah you did lol, sorry. did they have to order them in or was it overnight? i might be hosting an engine drop party soon lol

Give it a go yourself, you know you want to :D

Want to ........ absolutely .....

Game to ........ yeah ..... no ....

I think 6 weeks is good time for part time work .....

I would drop the engine then have to onsell the whole thing as a project .....

Prior to the engine going back in i fitted the driveshaft gaskets, a quick clean of the flange with some carb cleaner so the adhesive side sticks. 

IMG_1365_zpse70e64ec.jpg
IMG_1366_zps8d71f069.jpg
IMG_1367_zpsdbd72abd.jpg

Replaced the shift rod seal:

IMG_1369_zps58b7ec24.jpg

Some top shelf hose clamps

IMG_1358_zps7760befc.jpg
Just a bit extra security for a known trouble spot..
IMG_1362_zpsdddf8240.jpg

This restrictor was missing before and the cause of the idle dropping with the oil cap removed.
IMG_1361_zpsd5b7a3d5.jpg

Hope i feel better tomorrow and get a chance to get everything connected back up, and possibly running.

If you flick through the last post quickly it look like a movie :rolleyes:

Yes they do touch slightly and so did the old ones but in a different place, been like that for a year now and no signs of rubbing through so I'll just keep an eye on it.  

I was thinking of finding a hard cover tube of some sort to put over the soft oil line. I had to change mine recently due to the rubbing that had gone through.

Looks like both of yours are nice and new.

Archived