996 turbo pricing ?

I am still looking to get back into owning a Porsche,

I can’t believe the price variations on some of the 996 turbo`s ,  1992 to 1995, anything from $69k to $130k  what is a good price or going price thats not over the top

And you can get the same year and mileage with huge diff in price, is it just hopefuls trying their luck

I have given up trying to find a 993  out the budget , hence looking at the 996 .

Anyone care to shed some light  ie thought on the White 996 for sale

2005 Porsche 911 996 Turbo S MY05 All Wheel Drive

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That white turbo S has been listed for a while now... Apparently it's an import? I had posted it in the what's for sale thread previously. Apparently only black manual turbo s was Aussie delivery?

Anyway, its a lovely looking car and it looks fantastic in the white... Service records indicate its been here since it was young if it is indeed an import.

Also suggest you look at 996 GT2.. There's a very nice silver one for sale for similar money as the turbo S...

The white one has been for sale for over 2 years now, well before l started looking.

It's Aussie delivered and was re painted in white soon after delivery.

Not particularly fond of the 996 Turbo "S" due to them having larger turbos which creates turbo lag, the non "S" have a much better power delivery and no lag.

Anything MY03 onwards would be a more sorted car and yes that GT2 looks the goods. I believe there's no nanny aids on any GT2 or 3 in 996 form, all the Turbos have but you can switch it off. I've had mine for nearly 2 years now and still get the same thrill as when l first got it. It really is a great car and best bang for your buck IMO.

Turbo S has the X51 spec engine, which is similar to the GT2 but not quite, as the GT2 also has the better gearbox synchros, adjustable suspension points, lsd, ceramic brakes, no rear seats, and goodness knows what else I cant remember.

In essence the motors will feel the same, so its down to the lighter feel of the GT2, and its racier essence. If thats what you want, and I usually do, I agree with the others, buy a GT2. They are an absolute bargain at the current prices.

If you want a softer, everyday experience buy a Turbo.

If you want to chase an everyday experience but with rarity buy a Turbo S, but just be aware that they dont seem to command a premium. Not yet anyway.

Well done DJM!

Your right foot is about to develop a degree of sensitivity you never knew you possessed.

Great cars, and one to keep in the long term, just don't let anyone else drive it, ever, not once, unless you fit a valet mode to the ECU. I wish I had fitted it to mine, it'd still be around instead of six feet under.

IMG_0258_zps1b886907.jpg

IMG_0249_zps00adc1ed.jpg

IMG_0244_zpsd03f9886.jpg

Better update my signature "one day GT3" replaced with "next week GT2"!!

Congrats DJM.

Concourse winner...looks like a sweet car that has been looked after.

Surely nothing too untoward will come up at the PPI.

The white one has been for sale for over 2 years now, well before l started looking.

It's Aussie delivered and was re painted in white soon after delivery.

Not particularly fond of the 996 Turbo "S" due to them having larger turbos which creates turbo lag, the non "S" have a much better power delivery and no lag.

Anything MY03 onwards would be a more sorted car and yes that GT2 looks the goods. I believe there's no nanny aids on any GT2 or 3 in 996 form, all the Turbos have but you can switch it off. I've had mine for nearly 2 years now and still get the same thrill as when l first got it. It really is a great car and best bang for your buck IMO.

Turbo lag is fun!! 

My car with the stock turbo vs the current turbo. I have not thought about of putting it back in. Brings the inner child out ;)

Was planning to not say anything until it clears PPI at PR this Friday but what the hell, 'twas me......I bought that GT2. Lookout SMT!

Congratulations! Cannot wait to see it at an SMT!!

Great cars, and one to keep in the long term, just don't let anyone else drive it, ever, not once, unless you fit a valet mode to the ECU. I wish I had fitted it to mine, it'd still be around instead of six feet under.

Ouch... dare I ask what happened? 

Was planning to not say anything until it clears PPI at PR this Friday but what the hell, 'twas me......I bought that GT2. Lookout SMT!

Hope you enjoy it ..... now i have to find one too   :D

Well done DJM!
Your right foot is about to develop a degree of sensitivity you never knew you possessed.

Wow, i assume he's no longer an employee!  One of my guys is heading to Sydney with me next week to help bring back the car and bits.  After showing him your photos, all of a sudden he has no interest in having a drive in it.......

PR in Sydney told me only about 20 996 GT2 were delivered in Aus and probably half are now like yours or bashed and crashed on track.   Do you have any stats on numbers/colours.  GT3 stats are all over the web but can't find any numbers on GT2s.

Transferred deposit today and PO emailed me straight back to say he just had a guy call and want to counter offer to steal it from me.  Despite the deal with me being lower than he wanted, he did the right thing, accepted my deposit and will honour the deal.  Phew, that would have been like Jennifer Hawkins agreeing to head home with me and then deciding at the last minute she preferred another bloke.  Devastating!

PR in Sydney told me only about 20 996 GT2 were delivered in Aus and probably half are now like yours or bashed and crashed on track.   

That's not a good attrition rate! In 15 years there will be none left !

That's not a good attrition rate! In 15 years there will be none left !

Could you imagine the value of the last one???

Congratulations on a great purchase and what seems to be a great example.

Another boosted 996 on an SMT. Like one isn't enough!!!

Great news! Congratulations and very much looking forward to seeing it on an SMT in the future. Always liked the GT2's ....

Cheers

C

Archived