centrelink

I had a centrelink employee ring my 20 year old today asking some clarification questions for her austudy claim (9 months into her course.....)

He told her " your dad has money in a trust for you, so if you don't know about it, then he has been lieing to you"

REALLY... Whiskey tango foxtrot?

My question to all.....what do I need to get approved, and by whom, in order to get access to their phone call - assuming it was recorded?

Ps....no trust for her and any of our kids.

I saw "Centrelink" and I thought someone had meant Centrelock and we were going to talk about wheels!!!!

Interesting potential privacy breach there. Why would someone even state that? You really need to get to the bottom of this before your daughter discovers that there really is a multi-million dollar stash put aside for her!

I had a centrelink employee ring my 20 year old today asking some clarification questions for her austudy claim (9 months into her course.....)

He told her " your dad has money in a trust for you, so if you don't know about it, then he has been lieing to you"

REALLY... Whiskey tango foxtrot?

My question to all.....what do I need to get approved, and by whom, in order to get access to their phone call - assuming it was recorded?

Ps....no trust for her and any of our kids.

Your taxes at work! Give them a flogging but don't expect satisfaction.

I saw "Centrelink" and I thought someone had meant Centrelock and we were going to talk about wheels!!!!

Interesting potential privacy breach there. Why would someone even state that? You really need to get to the bottom of this before your daughter discovers that there really is a multi-million dollar stash put aside for her!

Nope - that stash is waiting for a drop in RS prices !

My accountant warned me about the use of family trusts to distribute earnings amongst kids up to the kid tax-free threshold (whatever that is).  Essentially while it is still legal, when said child turns 18 they do have the ability to turn around and ask for any cash 'distributed' to them over the years.  Assuming the kids don't talk to you anymore when they turn 18, or they find themselves a lawyer.

My accountant warned me about the use of family trusts to distribute earnings amongst kids up to the kid tax-free threshold (whatever that is).  Essentially while it is still legal, when said child turns 18 they do have the ability to turn around and ask for any cash 'distributed' to them over the years.  Assuming the kids don't talk to you anymore when they turn 18, or they find themselves a lawyer.

Huge, and very serious, can of worms. This thread should be shut down before any "Trust" kids see it.

My accountant warned me about the use of family trusts to distribute earnings amongst kids up to the kid tax-free threshold (whatever that is). Essentially while it is still legal, when said child turns 18 they do have the ability to turn around and ask for any cash 'distributed' to them over the years. Assuming the kids don't talk to you anymore when they turn 18, or they find themselves a lawyer.

Sure thing, we used all her distributions for school fees etc

Had something similar.

Suggest you discuss this with your Accountant as a priority.

There is an easy fix but you'll need their help.

Re Centrelink, they will do anything to cause trouble, and avoid having to pay.

You could do a FOI request but that wont really help.

I think you're better to let it go.

Why does your daughter need a centrelink payment?

If you have trusts and funding to afford her education why do you need a government assistance?

Have I read this wrong?

She is entitled for austudy as she is a fulltime student and has to live away from home.

The trust we have is just a family trust with assets below the asset limit. Plus I am not working now (being a fulltime dad is work enough!) so have zero income.

no matter the circumstances, I think a complaint to centrelink is justified. Theres all sorts of privacy issues here. Sounds like the sort of person you don't want with access to information like that

Complaint Options for Centrelink:

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/information/feedback-complaints#a3

Send Centrelink a secure message:

https://secure.centrelink.gov.au/sims/index.cfm

Centrelink started sending money, unrequested, after family edition #2. No idea why but I saw it as much overdue refund of tax and spent.

Next year they send a letter - oh, why are you claiming this? You'll have to pay it back in a lump sum. Politely told them that wasn't going to happen and I'll pay it back at the same rate it was received.

I drive past the local Centrelink when I leave the suburb. Always surrounded by choice citizens. Unfortunately now the Medicare office is combined, which make a the occasional visit unavoidable.

On the plus side I saw a Matt black falcon (BA?) which had been converted to a two door coupe. Only outside of Centrelink have I ever sen such a, erm, masterpiece?

I've never had to get assistance from them of any kind, but I have seen first hand how easy it is to scam them so don't even start me on this useless organisation.....  :rolleyes: god forbid you genuinely need assistance, you wont get it... not easy anyway

I'd suggest letting it go, but I also might suggest calling and speaking to that officers superior and giving them an earful! At the very least.. you should put the cat amongst the pigeons! 

On the plus side I saw a Matt black falcon (BA?) which had been converted to a two door coupe. Only outside of Centrelink have I ever sen such a, erm, masterpiece?

claiming disability no doubt

I'm guessing their response will be that giving you access to the call would (ironically) be a breach of privacy 

The two door AU/BA Falcons were made by a panel shop in Tenterfield, NSW initially and offered by Ford as an option.  From memory it was a $35,000 option.  They were made at the time Holden made the two door Commodore…….er sorry Monaro

http://www.cqnews.com.au/news/the-coupe-ford-never-built/707321/

I know that car, i think it's a BA/BF painted in blackboard paint.. It's a 'custom' job, not one of the Dreamtech/Hillier conversions (I think Hillier in Tenterfield did the AU and Dreamtech in Melbourne did BA/BF's) it'd look good if it wasn't trying to be old fashioned.

fordau2coupe300_3.jpg

13791244.UliStich5519.jpg

Dreamtech_BAcoupe3.jpgDreamtech_BAcoupe3.jpg

/anorak mode off

I know that car, i think it's a BA/BF painted in blackboard paint.. It's a 'custom' job, not one of the Dreamtech/Hillier conversions (I think Hillier in Tenterfield did the AU and Dreamtech in Melbourne did BA/BF's) it'd look good if it wasn't trying to be old fashioned.

fordau2coupe300_3.jpg

13791244.UliStich5519.jpg

Dreamtech_BAcoupe3.jpgDreamtech_BAcoupe3.jpg

/anorak mode off

It didn't look like this.  The rear roofline was all jacked up, and it was matt black, as described - blackboard paint.

BTW - BMW called- they want their Hofmeister kink back.

Archived