My riviera blue 911 :D

Hi all,

Im relatively new to this forum, ive been a porsche owner for some 6 months or so now and loving every minute of it!

This is my 2000 model millenium edition 911 - (build number 123 of 911), it was purscased with some GT3 upgrades factory from Porsche.
The car was previously in Perth and unfortunately it was vandalised by idiots (brakefluid & damage to bumpers)
After this if i am not mistaken the previous owner had put a GT2 front bar, rear bar, decklid and wing then it was re-sprayed...
Porsche would not re-spray the car in the original colour nor allow another painter to spray it that colour within Australia, they said the car had to be sprayed in Germany. So the violet chroma-flair colour was no longer in the books because the insurance company wouldnt pay to ship to the car to Germany and back (lol - not even kidding)
It got re-sprayed in a closely matched colour but without the purple-ish flakes in the paint..

I'm very picky when it comes to cars and everything has to be perfect...
I wasn't happy with the paint and a whole bunch of other things....So long story short after extensive hours of design and work she now sits with a 100mm wider body, the design and colour scheme is based off the GT3RS.

Sorry for the long essay, i could actually write up a whole lot more but i think this is enough for now :)

10435680_10154503060530704_810700971904710600556_10154503060430704_394087574205410556467_10154503060790704_79320295372001470258_10154503060655704_86299407603310

Thanks for all the love guys! :D

I see you 997'd the headlights - what do you do for indicators now?

Coastr - i got amber LED light strips and relocated the blinkers to under the headlight.
You cant see them unless im using them :)

Hi Bora, Love the Artistic flair and the way we make our cars look and feel the way we want them to be - it's called LOVE !

It is definitely LOVE!!

Congratulations Bora and welcome.

That sounds like a car I knew in its early days in WA. Were the first owners initials MT?

Amazing to see the changes made since.

Nope... I have the original purchase invoice and it was a different name

Subtle? About as subtle as a buffalo in ya Corn Flakes I reckon!

Very nice mate

i hate subtle :P

i purchased the car the next day i put extractors on it and that weekend i had a custom exhaust made with no mufflers etc...

So  it was just straight pipes...

It was stupidly loud but i loved it!!

Mrs hated it lol - forced me to get a new exhaust system so i had 4 small 6" hot dogs made with a new custom system :)

Still pretty loud tho ;)

From Wikipedia:

Porsche offered a special edition of the 996 for the year 2000. The company introduced the car as "The 911 for the Millennium" and based it on the Carrera 4 coupe. Only 911 were made.
This special edition was finished in Violet Chromaflair paint with natural leather interior and dark burr maple trim. Available with a Tiptronic or six-speed manual gearbox, the car was well-equipped. A number plate on the center console and a unique "911" badge on the engine lid and lettering on the door sills make this special edition easy to identify.

Yes the body has been changed as per previous comments by Bora

From Wikipedia:

Yes the body has been changed as per previous comments by Bora

special e of the 996 for the year 2000. The company introduced the car as "The 911 for the Millennium"

Very nice transformation on that model Bora.

That's the model that l previously had, it was called the Millennium Edition. beautiful car.

My build number was 562.

This is it.......

100_0386_zps5f2c5f0a.jpg

100_0377_zpsdf990c2a.jpg

porsche100_0522_zpsbcedc03c.jpg

special e of the 996 for the year 2000. The company introduced the car as "The 911 for the Millennium"

Very nice transformation on that model Bora.

That's the model that l previously had, it was called the Millennium Edition. beautiful car.

My build number was 562.

This is it.......

100_0386_zps5f2c5f0a.jpg

I wish i was the original owner of this car because back in the year 2000 this would have been amazing to own, especially out in the sunlight when the paint looks all purply!

It's hard to believe thats wat it looked like before i got my hands on it lol...

But i do have the full carbonfibre GT3 seats as well as some other upgrades such as the suspension, centre radiator kit dry sump etc etc

Archived