356SC SHANNONS WINTER CLASSIC

had the opportunity to look at this car Monday, it is very nice, but not perfect.

the 'salesman' admitted to me that they expect the car to set a new record price for 356's in Australia ...that the 60 - 80 is a guide only

Well, the markets gone mad, and the piranhas are devouring the bathers quite nicely, so lets sit back and watch the show unfold.......

Well, the markets gone mad, and the piranhas are devouring the bathers quite nicely, so lets sit back and watch the show unfold.......

it is a very nice car, but, the body work was done 15 years ago and most of the glass sealing rubbers are starting to crack and the paint is very finely scratched from somebody wiping it over with a dirty sponge or cloth- neither cant be fixed.

A meticulous and skilled engineer, whose German background with a lifelong interest in Porsches, the current owner has carefully restored the car over a 10-15 year period, a project only fully completed earlier this year.

there is absolutley no documentation with the car, 40 years of ownership would surely result in something being kept, but there is not one receipt or invoice for any of the parts purchased, machining done, no record of who did the body work, nothing ??

A meticulous and skilled engineer, whose German background with a lifelong interest in Porsches, the current owner has carefully restored the car over a 10-15 year period, a project only fully completed earlier this year.

there is absolutley no documentation with the car, 40 years of ownership would surely result in something being kept, but there is not one receipt or invoice for any of the parts purchased, machining done, no record of who did the body work, nothing ??

Maybe there is a different definition of "meticulous" in the salesman's dictionary.

80k would be a very good buy for this car.

Is it perfect? no. Its an Oz delivered Numbers SC.

I would expect this car to go for in excess of 100k. Providing its not completely rotten of course.

They dont make them anymore, perfect SMSF investment right here.

Wow some very serious prices! I thought it only took one idiot ( or possibly two at an auction) but plenty of pickings here.

I wonder what the collective term is for these auction bidders?

School?

Herd?

Flutter?

Cackle?

Pride?

Bask?

Fall?

Crash?

Wake?

Wow some very serious prices! I thought it only took one idiot ( or possibly two at an auction) but plenty of pickings here.

I wonder what the collective term is for these auction bidders?

School?

Herd?

Flutter?

Cackle?

Pride?

Bask?

Fall?

Crash?

Wake?

Getting a bit off track here, but how about WEALTHY?

For those people like me who love 356s but always assumed 180k was speedster territory could someone explain to me why this car might have pulled so much at auction ? I was under the impression that the sc was the least desirable of the range ?

It probably WAS, though the international market seems to dictate the higher prices here in Oz now.

Who woulda thought 912's would fetch $60k to $80k a year ago?

Anyone with a nice 356 just rubbed their hands in delight!

I was under the impression that the sc was the least desirable of the range ?

Not really. As an every day car they are great. Good power – keeps up in modern traffic. 4 Wheel discs. Big windows. Comfortable etc. Purists love the feel of the earlier cars but if you want a nice no fret classic the 356c SCs are great.

It probably WAS, though the international market seems to dictate the higher prices here in Oz now.

Who woulda thought 912's would fetch $60k to $80k a year ago?

Anyone with a nice 356 just rubbed their hands in delight!

Didn't wasserkuhl pick up an LHD 912 for less than 20k only 12 months ago? As I recall it was perfectly serviceable.

My brother always planned to get a 356. He left it too late. He was talking about a 912 consolation prize recently. Suspect he may be too late on those as well.

Really, the big price was because nothing to do, right? But $100k on a rough car would make some thing pretty nice, no?

Archived