New SC Owner

Hi All,

Finally I've pulled my finger out and joined so I'm on here to say a quick hello. After a long wait for my first ever porsche, I finally picked up a UK import 78' 911 SC from a Perth Auction house, sight unseen Needless to say, It'll be a nervous wait until it arrives here in QLD later this month and I can take a good look over what's required... 

Anyway, hoping to gain a lot more knowledge about a car I've always drooled over, especially as I'll be doing a lot of my own wrenching. I'm already in admiration of the serious talent that' gathers on this forum so keen to get amongst it!

Dustypost-1976-0-49687400-1412834652_thumb.jp  

Thanks Michel.

I've used Ceva as well. Will probably be giving the update button on their 'transit progress' website a good seeing to after the cars loaded on Monday!

Trying not to get too far ahead of myself in ordering all the parts I might need or have always wanted before seeing its true condition... It's proving very hard.

Congratulations on the purchase... Good luck with the whole  " Trying not to get too far ahead of myself in ordering all the parts I might need or have always wanted before seeing its true condition... It's proving very hard."

I'm certainly the last person to talk to about that subject..... !

Congratulations, the waiting is the worst part. Once you know what you've got to deal with it's just a matter of working your way through it. Lots of helpful folks around, ask plenty of questions -- some of the answers you get might even be right!

• 1 month later...

Sorry - hadnt checked back here for a little while! 

Already loving the car thanks Gavin, its not my daily drive but I keep finding excuses to take it out.

Poli, unfortunately for me the rears aren't Fuchs... Instead they're some back yard bodge wheel that's been spray painted to look 'a bit' like a proper fuchs. On the plus side they're 10 inches making it all but impossible for the car to get tail happy. Good for me cause its been 10 years since I last owned a rear wheel drive car, let alone never owning a rear engine'd car!!

Archived