the newest excuses will be:

- I was curious what this button actually did

- my friend pushed it

- i accidentally pushed it

- i thought it was the defrost button

- well that's not the aircon button.

Gold!!

Or wife/partner/whinger ejection seat

So the new mustang will have the worlds first burnout button. I wonder how long it will be before the road safety boffins can it!!

Road safety? 

Personally I'd avoid tyre smoke like tobacco smoke and asbestos. It's "kinda stupid" , but then again 50% of people have less than the average IQ

Not really calling you or plenty of others who will buy the car an alcoholic bogan, just that to market a car on the fact that it has this option fitted to it is very lame and is obviously marketed towards the kind of person I am talking about.

It is becoming a real pain in the @#s around my area and other suburbs around the country that everywhere you drive the local streets are covered in black snakey burn out marks from these idiots. I live in a cul de sac where they deliberately drive down in the early hours of the morning and think it's cool to do a few donuts and keep the whole neighbourhood awake.

Wow your car can do a burnout...... Proves what exactly, take it to a drift meeting and show me your skills in a closed and somewhat safe environment and I'll give you a big thumbs up.

Bogans have small brains. Alcohol makes them smaller. Then they breed, often under the affluence of incohol. The cycle continues, unfortunately. Oh and they eat doughnuts too. Taxpayers pay for their healthcare.

Nice little rant eh?

..............................It's apparently illegal to deliberately break traction, something about reckless/dangerous driving or so the nice officer once told me 

Yeah, but its ok to have a launch control in your Fezza or GTR and take off at the lights at excessive speed as long as you stay within the limit.

Personally I'd avoid tyre smoke like tobacco smoke and asbestos. It's "kinda stupid" , but then again 50% of people have less than the average IQ

Did you know that 28% of all statistics are made up?...or is that 29%??

Interesting reading , esp car companies scouring racing sites for evidence of misuse.

As is noted , the main point of a burnout button is marketing.

As with the "off" traction control button on most cars now , how many buyers will actually use it?

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/05/the-2015-mustang-burnout-switch-and-forbidden-buttons/

Archived