Nik's widebody 3.2

• 3 weeks later...

First outing of the car with the new shifter. Car definitely feels more fun to drive. Previously (with the stock shifter) first gear would slightly grind when engaging (was told my numerous people, syncros in the gearbox). Since installing the new shifter (and adjusting it to the correct location). No more grinding at all… I’m assuming, at some stage, it could have moved position (maybe the rear linkage) resulting in a slight grind when selecting 1st gear. 

Anyway, would definitely recommend if anyone is planning on changing shifters and rear shift linkage to improve the “slop” and engagement of each gear 

IMG_1105.jpeg

20 hours ago, Niko0o said:

Hahah. These are yellow glass lenses, so it’s and easy swap between the 2 lenses 

I was going to do that, then had the brainstorm of having the clear ones wrapped, as the tinting/wrap guys @Shedpest put me onto had the dimensions in the program.

As yellow lenese are illegal, they didn't really wanna do it, so I said if they could fit a bit of the vinyl just tobthe face of the lens so I could rip it off if ol plod wanted to defect me. The reflector on the headlight makes it look like the whole lens is wrapped 

20191026_120635.jpg

20200216_130630.jpg

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

I was going to do that, then had the brainstorm of having the clear ones wrapped, as the tinting/wrap guys @Shedpest put me onto had the dimensions in the program.

As yellow lenese are illegal, they didn't really wanna do it, so I said if they could fit a bit of the vinyl just tobthe face of the lens so I could rip it off if ol plod wanted to defect me. The reflector on the headlight makes it look like the whole lens is wrapped 

20191026_120635.jpg

20200216_130630.jpg

That was another idea I was going to do. I’ll see how they look out in the flesh, worst case, I’ll go back to the stock ones and leave the yellow lenses on the fog lights. The car is lucky to get driven 500kms a year so hopefully it shouldn’t be an issue haha, but definitely good idea with the vinyl 

• 1 month later...

Thinking of changing up the appearance of the car. Possibly go a Carerra wing (currently have the turbo wing) or no wing at all. Remove the side stone guard (go clear) or possibly some 17” wheels (have a few JDM wheels lying around…), or BBS E50’s (a little hard to find these in 17”)  what are your thoughts…

IMG_1526.jpeg

images.jpeg-22.jpg.de69a9540b24e766279cb66cd1b0c37a.jpg

2 hours ago, Niko0o said:

Trust me, if it wasn’t Aus Delivered and in bad condition.. I would… hahah 

Like mine, it is easily reversible if you do it the right way mate, though yours does look rather good, so I probably wouldn't go THAT far with mods 😁

I quite like the look of a duck tail on a wider bodied car, so maybe check that out as an option? 

Jack's backdate, but you get the idea