My brand new Porsche Cayman

Hi everyone,

I've been a Porsche tragic since childhood. Like most others here, I'm sure, I had the poster on the wall of the early 911 on my bedroom wall, and when driving along, always get a bit excited to see a Porsche of any description on the road.

Well, 5 months ago, I finally bit the bullet, and placed an order at Porsche Centre Melbourne.

2 days ago, she finally arrived! And I couldn't be happier.

I was always going to have a red Porsche "someday".

I spent months on the online configurator, debating to myself which wheels, accessories, etc, but guards red was a constant choice of mine.

On the big day, I was getting down to the nitty-gritties with the salesman in Collingwood, and bam, out of nowhere, had a rethink on the colour.

They didn't have an Agate Grey Cayman, but they did have a Boxster one with a black roof, and I was blown away. What a colour!

So here it is...

post-2059-0-26476900-1423462940_thumb.jp

post-2059-0-41665700-1423462949_thumb.jp

post-2059-0-76574200-1423462961_thumb.jp

Welcome Dean .....

Like you, I am a Guards Red tragic (probably had the same poster) but I think you made a great choice with that colour ....

Not sure where you are located, but keep an eye out here as drives and get togethers are often organised so you can show it off and let others drool all over it ....

Enjoy ......

EDIT ..... ordering your car from Porsche Centre Melbourne, I think I can safely assume you are in Victoria ...

Cheers guys and girls,

Thanks for the positive comments. I went for the PDK, 19" Boxster S wheels, leather interior upgrade, and just a few other odds and ends.

Looking forward to plenty of SMT and social drives. Though at 2 days old, I kind of just want to stare at it, and keep it safe!!

Looking forward to meeting some of the members here and having a good ol' drive.

Right. Lets see...

I chose the sports design steering wheel, which I think really sets off the interior.

Park assist front was added so that I don't tap the nose into anything (hopefully) - Seems to work quite well.

As you can see in the photos, the coloured wheel crests.

Finally, floor mats - yes, actually an option, rather than standard.

That's the package

Dean

Good choice...as you can see I also have a Cayman S in Agate Grey, got it in December. I was also that 11 year old who got 'tingles' in the tummy everytime a 911 went buy..!

I'll post a couple of pics of mine later.

Enjoy

Archived