Also thinking of letting mine go - 84 911 3.2

I think the high prices being realised without too much fuss is encouraging collectors sitting on pristine examples to move on and get the type of prices they always thought their cars are worth. If I had a mint example and it was taking months to sell an ordinary car I'd probably just keep it instead of having a long lived ad hanging out there with a high price tag.

It's not indicative of the pricing you'll get for an average driver car necessarily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've decided...... 

I'm going to list it on CarSales and see what happens. 

Firstly i'll get a nice Detail and a PPI so i don't have people stuffing me around.

If anyone has any tips on what i should include in the listing, fire away!

I wouldn't bother with the expense of a PPI, its a sellers market, most cars now are getting sold sight unseen, let alone with an inspection done.

get a nice detail, take some good photos, give a good description on the car and its history, put a silly price on it and see what happens.

I can understand the reasoning behind it .... show that there is nothing to hide by supplying it. While it is the buyers cost usually, It could also save him tramping around town 5 times for different people .... add it to the selling price, no one is the wiser and the seller comes off as the hero for being open enough to provide it ....

I wouldn't trust a PPI from the seller. It's a due diligence exercise...

I agree with you, although seeing as most cars are bought sight unseen and no PPI, it would be better than nothing ... and maybe give SOME peace of mind

I would hate to lose a car because I insisted on a PPI, then 2 hours later someone rings asking for his bank account to deposit the money ....

As discussed before, I know who I'd sell too ... at least it would give me some information ... more than if I bought sight unseen.

Sounds like i'll give the PPI a miss then, the hassle of going to peoples mechanic's on request sound like a pain in the ass though

I personally would do this. Take it to someone like Autohaus who everyone would know, and therefore trust. I kind of agree that yours is a car that will just sell anyway but if you are going to push the price (I mean set a new record for a 3.2) then spending $500 on a PPI seems like money well spent. If someone wants to dick around after you give them the documentation, they are not serious anyway.

By the way, you have the best pictures of your car already.

Just be honest about the service records and work done, any faults that need fixing and skip the PPI.  

The majority of porsche buyers probably aren't reading PFA and getting the advice they should follow.

Some underneath shots from a hoist are good though, if you can swing that.  

You've got to remember to think like a seller, not a buyer.  And it's a sellers market.  Of course all us nosy parkers want to know everything there is to know about the car, but we don't have a serious buyers mindset.

Name your price and the market will decide, PPI or no PPI.

Anyone looking to spend what your asking is typically going to know what they are looking at and in most cases a PPI won't deter a serious buyer - just allow them to possibly negotiate further.

But your not going to move on your price anyway so why bother! Ha!

....Don't give them a PPI to rely on, because then they could sue your ass.

Sell as is:)

I disagree.

The liability would be on the agent who performed the PPI, not the owner and I would expect the agent would condition the PPI to limit their liability.

Archived