Also thinking of letting mine go - 84 911 3.2

Put it on for $78K and you will be flooded with inquiries so be prepared to give up your weekends.But if you aren't in a rush ask for $85K, get rid of some of the tyre kickers and give yourself some room for negotiation :)

Who exactly are these tyrekickers with $75k discretionary funds at hand?

I can understand the bottom dwellers with <only> 40k or so , but ...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did that car belong to a former PFAer. I think he went by AIMR or similar ?

Good memory Smule!

Bought by aimr75 from RSR in mid 2013 and sold it later that year I think. He then changed his name to _Tony. He only had positive things to say about it I recall.

Good memory Smule!

Bought by aimr75 from RSR in mid 2013 and sold it later that year I think. He then changed his name to _Tony. He only had positive things to say about it I recall.

Hi, mine is definitely not AIMR's, i owned it in 2013.

Thanks TurboT, lots of interest and a few offers, I just need to really think if i should sell it or keep it.

If i had a offer i coud'nt refuse, yep i'd go for it.

What to do!!!!.

Think i'll sleep on it tonight, then decide.

there you go - even the moderator agrees with me!

Get it on carsales - open market will get you the best price - $85K sounds like a good starting point:)

Get a PPI done by some good people that buyer can verify - might cost you $500, but will save you the hassle of taking your car to multiple garages at buyers requests (and there will be a lot of requests)

Use those amazing photos you have - good cars now sell without them, so having them will feel extra special..

If you still own this car by next weekend I would be surprised.

Of course, if you wake up and realize  - "shit people are getting a little excited about my little 'P car, what am I doing trying to sell it?"

Then don't. Make an excuse to get out and drive it more, and don't worry, quality cars will always at least hold their value, but more than likely will go up in value.

It looks like such a pristine example, i think you should keep it. 

I don't drive mine anywhere near as often as i like, but when i do it puts a smile on my face for the rest of the day. 

They're such a classic, but so simple and relatively cheap and easy to maintain and insure too. 

So many non-Porsche people say to me, that even though they aren't into Porsches, this is the model and shape they like. It's the  quintessential Porsche.  

Fantastic car, being a bottom dwellers buyer at $45-$50K market, I agree with the top feeders you will get your money easily.

PPI will do the trick to get top $$. I have looked at so many pig cars in my price range, it's depressing

As suggested by others I would keep it too, every time you think of selling just take her for a short drive. I call it "turn key stress relief"

It looks like such a pristine example, i think you should keep it. 

I don't drive mine anywhere near as often as i like, but when i do it puts a smile on my face for the rest of the day. 

They're such a classic, but so simple and relatively cheap and easy to maintain and insure too. 

So many non-Porsche people say to me, that even though they aren't into Porsches, this is the model and shape they like. It's the  quintessential Porsche.  

It's funny you should say that, I get people pull up beside me at the lights asking questions all the time about it. I once had the Police pull up beside me and asked questions. 

I'm trying not too get attached to the car, you guys are making it hard...

I'm trying not too get attached to the car, you guys are making it hard...

Too late, my friend .... just the fact that you have to try to distance yourself, tells us that you already are attached .....

gorgeous car, really dig that colour..

sell it today for 80k and buy it back in 5 years for 120k :D

I'd say the deciding factor would be what are you going to do with that 80k once you've sold it? the way air cooled Porsche values are rising, you may be selling the better investment

From a commercial point of view, $80K in the bank at current interest rates will bring, say 2.5% or there abouts will give you $2K before tax p.a. So about $1,400 after tax assuming 30% tax rate? Will the car be worth more next year? What's the best investment, an appreciating car that you can still drive or $1,400 in the bank? $80K in the bank at 2.5% is really not keeping place with inflation! so next year your money will be worth less than your car! and so on year after year! Not sure how much it is to hire a Porsche for a weekend but not sure $1,400 would cover it.

Not sure this helps but food for thought.

From a commercial point of view, $80K in the bank at current interest rates will bring, say 2.5% or there abouts will give you $2K before tax p.a. So about $1,400 after tax assuming 30% tax rate? Will the car be worth more next year? What's the best investment, an appreciating car that you can still drive or $1,400 in the bank? $80K in the bank at 2.5% is really not keeping place with inflation! so next year your money will be worth less than your car! and so on year after year! Not sure how much it is to hire a Porsche for a weekend but not sure $1,400 would cover it.

Not sure this helps but food for thought.

I had this exact discussion with my "funds manager, read wife".

Her point was you will never sell it (true)

Archived