968CS 2+2 - thoughts pls on tartan interior upgrade for sale ?

Hi Guys

I’m considering letting my 968CS go to a new home much as I hate parting with it due to new garaging constraints and another incoming even rarer P car…..

My ClubSport is a factory 2+2 (& one of only 13 x factory 2+2’s sold new here) with correct lightweight fabric rear seats and “comfort” sport seats in the front. I’m 6’4” so if you’re tall comfort seats are a must in a CS as I can’t fit in the hard backed Recaros. It has as much room as my 901 with this seat configuration.

Question; I have managed to source a spare set of original front and rear seats for a 968CS with the OEM correct 993 RSCS type lightweight material (now unavailable) and it was always my plan to have them covered in Porsche MacLachlan red and blue tartan (as seen in the early RSR’s, 3.0 Turbos, the 924 Carrera GT’s etc).

So, for sale should I cover the spare seats in this tartan material and install these in the car, or keep it ex factory bog standard as the rest of the car is? I also have a spare set of black CS front door cards for the same treatment whist I’m at it to complete the look.

The downside would be that CS’s to my knowledge weren’t available with this interior when new, and the car is otherwise original.

Upside of course is that it just might look brilliant; & oh, car is Guards Red with red rims and white CS decals.

Thoughts ?

Cheers- SK

Adelaide.

post-606-0-48682300-1431475653_thumb.jpg

post-606-0-34103700-1431475663_thumb.jpg

post-606-0-63932500-1431475742_thumb.jpg

post-606-0-52994700-1431476020_thumb.jpg

I would keep it stock. Porsche - check, Aussie delivered - check, rare/special model - check.

Likely to appeal to the guy who has given up looking for an Aussie sc for non silly dough.

And the colour matched wheels rock - very in period.

If I was looking for a CS, I'd only be looking at those with the original factory hardback buckets, because the whole CS thing is about "hardcore", track weapon functionality.  If you don't have those, you'll have a harder time selling.  Adding tartan into the equation reduces the odds further.

If I was looking for a CS, I'd only be looking at those with the original factory hardback buckets, because the whole CS thing is about "hardcore", track weapon functionality.  If you don't have those, you'll have a harder time selling.  Adding tartan into the equation reduces the odds further.

This car was factory delivered without Recaros.

If you're over 6 foot and bigger than a 36in waist on your jeans you won't fit into a CS with hardback Recaros. This car is different to a tracked CS in that i) it's never been tracked or modified and ii) it's a factory 2+2, so has proper rear seats.

60 CS's were sold here in Aus, and I understand the split between Recaro's and comfort seats was about 50/50.

But only 13 were sold with rear seats and complianced with a "4 seats" ADR compliance plate.

So, it has wider appeal I think, much as a 911 has with it's 2+2 seat configuration has; go to the track on Sunday, take the kids to school in it on Monday......

I agree with the, what seems to be, the majority......

If selling I think it would be better left as standard/delivered for sale value.

Who knows, the new 'owner' (wish it was me) may have there own plans for the car & interior......

You can always offer them as an additional item with sale but otherwise you may be wasting your time &/or money for no real substantial gain..

Would love to see some more pics & please let us know when and, all importantly, a price!!

I know a few people who would be keen on this, myself included......

GLWS.....

Some advice, I hope not to offend you. I suggest you pull the interior pics down, give her a good vacuum, take some new pics and post them up. The current pics are doing your ad harm.

I only hope to help and wish you luck with the sale.

Cheers

Ben

Some advice, I hope not to offend you. I suggest you pull the interior pics down, give her a good vacuum, take some new pics and post them up. The current pics are doing your ad harm.

I only hope to help and wish you luck with the sale.

Cheers

Ben

Thanks Ben,

Addressed and appreciate the extra pair of eyes.

Cheers

FYI there are a couple of magazines in newsagents at the moment with highly complimentary articles on the 968CS.

EVO Australia May 2015 with the new GT4 on the cover in red

911 & Porsche World April 2015....with a red 924 Carrera GTS and a white 968 CS on the cover

these should be easy enough to find at your local newsagency.

Cheers

SK

I just received an email from the first owner who now resides in Memphis, Tennessee.....

In his words -

How interesting to see my old rocket advertised.

So enjoyed but never abused. Bought and sold in turbulent times

The 968CS is a great car and better than the 911

Great car, well maintained by me and never abused

How 'bout that, he saw the Carsales ad.....! I've asked for a little more history which he'll provide, and any old pictures of the CS which he has advised he has back here in Australia.

Small world.

I must admit I am having a real hard time with myself in not sending you an email or picking up the phone! :lol: Mighty good looking car you have... I have a real soft spot for the 968 CS. 

I must admit I am having a real hard time with myself in not sending you an email or picking up the phone! :lol: Mighty good looking car you have... I have a real soft spot for the 968 CS. 

.....and with my crapola photos......!

Drop me a PM with your email and I'll zip you the dossier on the car. Cheers Stew.

.....and with my crapola photos......!

Drop me a PM with your email and I'll zip you the dossier on the car. Cheers Stew.

This forum needs a "hate" button! 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   :lol:

PM sent.  :ph34r:

Me too

Archived