TANGent

That looks really well done. Is that aluminium? I was thinking I should have done something like that on mine, but I can't do it with the factory impact shocks as they are far too long.

• 3 weeks later...

coilovers with raised spindles may be fitted.  Not absolutely needed as the suspension on the car is good. But tangent has  the mods to the tub for it - option.

Having the set up (valving etc tuned and arms adjusted for camber/bump) checked by an Ex F1 suspension guru /fabricator who works on a farm about 5mins from my place. 

-'also selling the red 4.5 inch red steelies and near new white walls seen earlier in the thread 

As exterior is grinding forward , thoughts on the interior come to mind. Any thoughts post them here. Do like a lot of the 356 bomber interiors, though IMO a direct copy wouldn't translate well ... So silver 'narrow body IROC exterior with? 

I know there's more than one soft furnishings dilettante operating on this forum. Post up some pics 

Edited by michel

the only thing Jeffs and my project have in common is a colour.  Enjoying watching the progress, far more than my incursion.

Being looking at the front of my car and trying to resolve the Mike Tankard fitment issue . Rear bumper all nice and snug,  fitted 95%, however the line of the flare from the rear needs adjusting as it moves from the body through the rear number. Another strut /stiffening.

Front is a bit more problematic as was intending to fit it without the 'smile' however mike trimmed a lot of the glass at the top of the bumper meaning a 40mm gab between bumper and and body. 

Got two solutions and neither are that quick. 

Will post pics of the bumper as interested to see thoughts on the position, if I push the front in by 40mm - certainly not as 'clutch cargo,

Also width of bumper due to not having big front flares, has meant going to have to section  the bumper and re-glass it.

I'll post a Cpl pics 

Edited by michel

• 2 weeks later...

Thx tomo - thinking of getting a 457 visa for MFX and putting him to work.... 

Been laxy I'll post a few pics 

How are you going with that front bar placement Michel?

I'm not .... Been trying all sorts of tricks to make it conform. Though as front end doesn't have 'flair', given up and thin blade now to be deployed and many cuts later may  work 

• 4 weeks later...

Interior or sound deadened and seam sealed

171_1.jpg

172_1.jpg

and silver again

173_1.jpg

custom narrow body IROC front rear bumpers also having myriad of small adjustments made to ensure the fitment is as good as can be made ... Not simple and there'll be more than 75 hours alone in the fitting adjustment cut shut of these. Also I'm recessing the front bumper to delete the smile. More hours.

167.jpg

168_1.jpg

Edited by michel

Haha... Wait till I start hand stitching leather over the cage ..

as modifying the front to do a smile delete also reinforced the top edge of the bumper with ally so the glass is supported and sits flat 

One thing I recently learnt about a full cage is it becomes feasible if integrated within the interior upholstery.....

Edited by michel

Haha... Wait till I start hand stitching leather over the cage ..

as modifying the front to do a smile delete also reinforced the top edge of the bumper with ally so the glass is supported and sits flat 

One thing I recently learnt about a full cage is it becomes feasible if integrated within the interior upholstery.....

That is very interesting. Maybe not for my 911, but for one of my other projects it could be very useful...