1975 GS CITROEN - what this sucker worth? will be F/S

so Im looking for opinions on value of the ltitle duck. And yes it will be for sale and for the lucky punter may give you entree to Raaths alladin cave

1975 GS CITROEN

Before you ask... no it's not the birotor 
But it is an unmolested kooky kool GS

Selling for a mate. It's been in storage past 2.5 years while he's over in LA working min wage with Richard at PMO. So why is he selling this little bit of esoterica... buying parts for a '67 Plymouth Barracuda project.

The good

• Hydraulics go up down
  • It looks cool when the hydraulics go up down
  • At rest It's got stance
  • It's A GS
  • It runs it stops
  • It's got real chrome on it
  • Body good for a Citroen of its age - an obvious blemish left rear qtr above bumper
  • Interior mostly ok - drivers side seat ****e.

The bad

• It's a citroen?

What else can I say... Look at the pics oh yeh buy the Citroen for $3000 ono and you may get a peek at his oz delivered viper green 70E. Is it for sale...hmmm

note to kerry PM sent about membership - haven't had my status changed cheers

image_133.jpg

image_125.jpg

image_122.jpg

image_123.jpg

image_126.jpg

image_132.jpg

image_130.jpg

image_129.jpg

image_128.jpg

so Im looking for opinions on value of the ltitle duck. And yes it will be for sale and for the lucky punter may give you entree to Raaths alladin cave

1975 GS CITROEN

Before you ask... no it's not the birotor 
But it is an unmolested kooky kool GS

Selling for a mate. It's been in storage past 2.5 years while he's over in LA working min wage with Richard at PMO. So why is he selling this little bit of esoterica... buying parts for a '67 Plymouth Barracuda project.

The good

• Hydraulics go up down
  • It looks cool when the hydraulics go up down
  • At rest It's got stance
  • It's A GS
  • It runs it stops
  • It's got real chrome on it
  • Body good for a Citroen of its age - an obvious blemish left rear qtr above bumper
  • Interior mostly ok - drivers side seat ****e.

The bad

• It's a citroen?

What else can I say... Look at the pics oh yeh buy the Citroen for $3000 ono and you may get a peek at his oz delivered viper green 70E. Is it for sale...hmmm

note to kerry PM sent about membership - haven't had my status changed cheers

image_133.jpg

image_125.jpg

image_122.jpg

image_123.jpg

image_126.jpg

image_132.jpg

image_130.jpg

image_129.jpg

image_128.jpg

My friend up the road had one and he reckons it cost him about as much as a new Merc in repair bills to keep it running, so going by that I would estimate about (Minus $100, 000) minimum, or 50 bucks in scrap value

There's something incredibly perverted about the steering wheels in those cars.

Keep an eye out for the full episode on Foxtel. They buy one from the wreckers (not the one in the clip below)  and visit this eccentric chap in Yorkshire with a private church stuffed to the rafters with old Citroens and parts. He even has the 2CV from that James Bond chase scene.

I learnt to drive in a GS when i was 8...my dad had 3 of them. Interesting cars..

The story goes that when he bought his first one at the local Citroen/Alfa Romeo dealership in 1972 he was indecisive whether to get a GS or an Alfasud.

The Citroen became the family car and I cried in the back of it with an Alfa sticker in my hand.

and the second time tonight  I get to say, very droll very funny mr fryer 

PS - SOLD seems the going price is $2500...better start a then and now thread...just in case

it will make a fine chook shed

The canopy I acquired for my rebuilt 73 landy ute was being used for a greenhouse down in the country back of buggery.

Luckily , they don't rust and even after 40 years the seals are fine.

But euro steel 1970s...ashes to ashes

Sold mine about 6 months ago. 

Was registered and running but needed body work and a service and I got $600 for it. 

You might have some luck on aussiefrogs, i'd try ebay and gumtree as well. In saying that I let it go cheap because of all the timewasters those sites attract.

They are great little cars with a super revvy flat 4 and comfortable ride to boot. 

Contrary to the above, mine was ridiculously cheap to maintain and run. I daily drove mine over 4 years and only had a snapped throttle cable strand me. Rest of the time was just routine servicing and rust prevention.

HTH & good luck with the sale!

failing that, maybe get in contact with an architect forum :-)

Haha, I bought mine from an architect!

is the flat four in these the same as the one in the traction avant?

Different motor. The traction avant used an inline 4 which was then carried over to the d series later on.

These are an air cooled flat 4 in 1015, 1129, 1222 & 1299cc capacity. Super revvy little thing. I'd like to drive an alfasud to compare the two.

Archived