Thinking of selling a few Porsche's

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bidders drove it up, also at that price I wasn't too keen to sell and so it happened. 

I've told the new owner to chime in on this forum etc... 

Believe me, I would've loved to get $130,000 instead which was the initial price.

good news. Another new forum member. Which state is it going to? 

Bidders drove it up, also at that price I wasn't too keen to sell and so it happened. 

I've told the new owner to chime in on this forum etc... 

Believe me, I would've loved to get $130,000 instead which was the initial price.

what made the 2.7 car special to get $110k?  Was it super low mileage, exceptional condition, all the work out in, or something else?  It is strong money for a 2.7 car.

what made the 2.7 car special to get $110k?  Was it super low mileage, exceptional condition, all the work out in, or something else?  It is strong money for a 2.7 car.

Probably the fact that it will be another few years before another one hits the market .... also Aus delivered and matching numbers ...always commands a premium.

I still believe the engine size or model of impact bumper cars doesn't play a part in the price anymore. It is just a case of buy anything when it's up for sale otherwise you could be waiting years (as a lot of us have) to find the spec / model one really wants.

I still find this hard to believe.  Having said that, I was born a skeptic and age and experience have made this natural tendency even worse.  Bought at Shannons for $72k and then spending another $18k is surreal.  I guess after paying stamp and taking on the risk of selling at a higher price would mean that anything much less that $110k would not make the risk/profit a viable exercise.

I wonder if Steve McQueen or Magnus Walker were previous owners :D

..Ive got to check my numbers then... cause apparently only 3 were brought in of mine. Meh, its worthless with the 95 993 in it.

I'll tell you what, I'll help you out and take your 'worthless' machine off your hands. How about I give you $20k for it? Generous, I know, but that's the type of guy I am!:ph34r:

That's a lovely sentiment and quite a rare way to see / do things.

Unfortunately, when your car was bought low and has now risen in price quite dramatically (I'm assuming it's air cooled) every man and his dog is suddenly an enthusiast and the temptation to sell and to see the quick buck, could just be too great for some.

I say if you ever sell, sell for the going rate and enjoy one of lifes rare oddities .... a car that actually made you money.

Dreamr, I do agree with you that it would be difficult, come the point, to see the difference between opportunist and enthusiast.

The way I see it is, it would have to be a really good reason to sell the car (non-monetary) because if I ever sold now, I would NEVER be able to afford a similar car in the future. (And this is something Ive been telling myself regularly, considering the temptation to "trade up" into a 996 Turbo is so real).

And so from that, I would want to give someone similar the same opportunity I had. But we all buy and sell cars for different reasons in the end :)

As I stated above .... lovely sentiment.

I wholeheartedly agree that if I / you were to sell it should be for non monetary reasons ...... but .....

Even so, I just don't think I could sell my car for $10k ... $20k ... $30k less than what it was worth on the open market just so I could give someone else the opportunity to own the car.

I didn't ask for the rise, nor was I expecting it .... but still know I wouldn't sell it for what was paid for it.

If you ever want to sell your house for the same price as you paid though .... look me up. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Im pretty sure I paid 318k for my Turbo , I will find the paper work , who wants in on  it? or shal i send it to shannons?

Bidding starts at 318 and expecting offers over ..

Remember I the lost interest gain of not having that money in the bank or the past 19 years ;)

Thanks F40 for the transparency… good info and theres no shame in valuing your time and money and if you made a better car that means that a good car will be around longer .. good on ya 

I love these cars , yet hate the price of the cars 

I think the ones making the money are really the repair crews who are charging way to much 

Love and passion are blind as is the journey between head and heart a long one , when you bring in ego and penis the situation gets totally fu..ed up . 

Enjoy the journey … 

Really and seriously if anyone want to sell a great car to an enthusiast ,at n enthisiat price,  im open to hear from them .. I am still looking for a couple of cars .. and have only managed to by two english classics in the past 5 months of looking whilst this market goes crazy.

Loving the thread and the debate gang 

Respect 

Thanks Turbo, that was an idea and I might explore that option as I've had a fair few people in my last ad waste time re finance and trying to sort things out.

Any car over 10 years old, is impossible to obtain finance on unless done via other ways. 

I'd rather give the guys on this form the opportunity first.

Just in case anyone does have a need to point a buyer in the right direction to get finance on a car that is over 10 years old, I discovered a company called Fox Finance  that is located in Queensland (I am in melbourne, they lend to people all over Australia) and I was able to do a great deal when I needed to buy a car 1988 Jaguar XJS. Convertible, in advance of selling another...Dan Fox   http://www.foxfinancegroup.com.au

They have their own funding and they have a really great product that is like floor plan finance for car collectors...if you can imagine cars coming in and out of the collection and Fox handle the finance requirements ..they do both short and long term as I understand it

They were able to finance my purchase and it lets me buy and sell cars on my terms and in my timeframes and helps me to not "miss out" when I see a car I need to buy, but havent yet sold the "other" car

I dealt with Natalie she was amazing and had things all approved within days.

I assume that when everyone is talking about finance on a P-Car, they are saying they cant get one with a good interest rate right?

Because I had no issues going to NAB and asking for a personal loan, Im able to pay them off within a year, so the interest rate difference doesnt concern me overly, but even 2 years ago, it was at ~14.5% variable.

• 2 weeks later...

Man!!

I was a bidder for this 911s. I love the 2.7s having owned a beautiful 1975 911 aussie delivered car when I graduated in 1995 (I decided, against my parents wishes, that a porsche was the thing to buy rather than a deposit on a house!!). I went up to 58k and I was out...damn!!! I ended up buying a 1977 911s us spec car that has had a good quality conversion with genuine porsche parts used...cost me low 30s and I bloody love it mate, steering is tight, drives great. I used to be an Aussie delivered snob having owned a concourse 83 911SC 12 years ago but I dont have to worry about driving over $100k every time I go out in this car. I also cant wait to learn how to do more stuff on it myself, "cause I want to be the guy who rebuilds his own engine and mucks around with performance mods!! Praise the Lord for Wayne Dempsey, Bruce Anderson, Youtube and you lot out there willing to pass on information.

Anyway, congrats on the sale mate. Did you fix that God awful crack in that 75s dash?? Window would have had to come out yeah?

Anyway, congrats on the sale mate. Did you fix that God awful crack in that 75s dash?? Window would have had to come out yeah?

If the carpet on the dash is anything to go by, I'd say no. 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=OAG-AD-12049233&Cr=3

Those 5 bidders mentioned earlier might have to dig deeper...

Will the throng of buyers get another shot at the 3.2 also?

That's a lot of coin for an IB. 100% increase from auction.

Anyone fancy a tough looking, fast as, C3 for same $ ?!!!!!!!  Joking

You can see the dash crack even with the carpet just to the left of the inst binicle.

Archived