Thinking of selling a few Porsche's

Hey guys,

I've collected a few cars and might be considering of selling either my 75 911S, 85 3.2 or 356A cab.

All 3 are Aussie delivered with books and some history etc. 

Just too attached to them emotionally but then I don't know what to do...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it depends on what you have left :)

I was at CTS over the weekend and got chatting to Simon. Nice enough guy. If you are looking at selling, naturally you would want the best price and shops like theirs seem to be leading the market. Others I know who have sold privately have found the process pretty painful dealing with unrealistic offers and time wasters.

Anyway - I was surprised to hear about the rates. $1000 to stick it in their showroom and then a negotiated rate based on the value of the car. From different sellers I have heard of figures like $7000 -$10,000 or 10%. I guess that means you can go in and work out what is best for you and get them to agree. Porsche's are flying out of their doors right now so i guess the turnover is good which should make negotiating the rate easier.

turning it over to someone else might take the emotion out of it ;)

Thanks Turbo, that was an idea and I might explore that option as I've had a fair few people in my last ad waste time re finance and trying to sort things out.

Any car over 10 years old, is impossible to obtain finance on unless done via other ways. 

I'd rather give the guys on this form the opportunity first.

Thanks Turbo, that was an idea and I might explore that option as I've had a fair few people in my last ad waste time re finance and trying to sort things out.

Any car over 10 years old, is impossible to obtain finance on unless done via other ways. 

anyone interested will be pm ing you pretty quickly I would imagine. Stick some photos up. Plenty of tyre-kickers here mind you :)

are people really trying to finance old cars?  Wow, talk about a minefield. 

Tell me about it, when you're looking for the right examples over a period that consists of years, that's what happens... 

Then i I think to myself, enough is enough, they just sit around looking pretty. I think someone would rather drive and enjoy what they can offer more than I can.

It is actually possible to do it.  I am a finance broker and have used 2 lenders who will fund older cars (ie. classic) to the right applicant.  Their view is that older cars generally hold a value and they have a good track record with applicant's making the repayments.

In the past I've financed a 1973 911S, a 1990 Ferrari 348TS, a 1995 Ferrari F355 and a 1968 Mustang among others.

Not sure how we'd go getting funding for a 73RS or similar - repayments would be pretty chunky on $1.2-1.5M!

Maybe I will put an add in carsales

I got cash , just give me cars at reasonable prices.. add value I would pay for it ..not buying hype 

It alsmost make me think theres an opportunity to bring a new finance product to market , a car bond/letter of credit that you can buy to show you have the funds

:)

Maybe I will put an add in carsales

I got cash , just give me cars at reasonable prices.. add value I would pay for it ..not buying hype 

It alsmost make me think theres an opportunity to bring a new finance product to market , a car bond/letter of credit that you can buy to show you have the funds

:)

Major consideration being that the asset your lending against is worth the amount being payed. You would have a tough time trying to justify the 'value' of the air cooled market in the current climate, this car being a good example. 

I only listed it tonight at 6:00pm... Lets see how it goes, have had 5 phone calls.

for the sake of sharing, please let us know how it goes.  Discounted or close to asking or even over asking - we're all trying to work out the market here.

Archived