For Sale 911 SC Sporto Coupe 1980

SOLD

I have owned my 1980 SC Sporto coupe for just under 5 years & now that i have purchased a 79 Targa from Darwin ill be selling the Sporto. Below are details of the car & work that has been done on it.

Japan delivered LHD 1980 911 SC Sportomatic coupe 91,300 original Km’s starts & runs very well

It has Bilstein sport shocks, 16 inch Fuchs wheels, front chin spoiler, electric windows, electric mirrors, electric sun roof, full electric seats from a 3.2 Carrera, 3.2 Carrera steering wheel, stainless steel sports exhaust, has AC but not connected.

Engine was rebuilt 3 years ago at 86,000 Km's by Fitzgerald's cost me over 15k with receipts available to view (was rebuilt due to needing head studs replaced so I got it all done) Unleaded from new as all Japan SC’s were. Very powerful responsive engine.

All brake disks & pads were replaced at 86,000 k's

Front shocks were rebuilt, rears shocks have new bushes 

New Bosch K3 alternator & full MSD ignition installed

New fuel accumulator 

New sunroof weather seal installed

Body is in excellent condition

Paint is not the best & has blemishes but hard to see in photos, Interior is in excellent clean condition

I have paperwork in Japanese that shows inspections or services, I also have the Vass certificate, import papers & most receipts totaling $20k for all work done on it.

Can be road registered in all parts of Australia

This is a well-sorted solid car that drives beautifully

Located in Melbourne 

Link to photos  Sold

For sale at $42k

Regards James.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after 20 days on the market i just sold my 1980 LHD SC Sporto to a collector in Holland :rolleyes: yep Holland in Europe, car is paid up & soon to be shipped to the port of Rotterdam. It was an interesting 20 days selling this car with some interesting enquires from low ball offers to time wasters, some genuine people as well but no one pulled the trigger here in Aus... anyway got my price in the end so I'm happy.

Well after 20 days on the market i just sold my 1980 LHD SC Sporto to a collector in Holland :rolleyes: yep Holland in Europe, car is paid up & soon to be shipped to the port of Rotterdam. It was an interesting 20 days selling this car with some interesting enquires from low ball offers to time wasters, some genuine people as well but no one pulled the trigger here in Aus... anyway got my price in the end so I'm happy.

How did he pay ?    I know of a scam where payment is made via PayPal but can then be put through a chargeback anytime within 6 months and you lose the funds.......so  how did the cash arrive - just curious for your own safety since the car is going OS.

Feel free to PM me if you wish

How did he pay ?    I know of a scam where payment is made via PayPal but can then be put through a chargeback anytime within 6 months and you lose the funds.......so  how did the cash arrive - just curious for your own safety since the car is going OS.

Feel free to PM me if you wish

Thanks BB Chris for looking out for us... I had the seller deposit the total amount into a bank account that i only use for small transactions. I don't ever have more than $500 in this account at a time, as soon as the funds were in this account i transferred them to another account of mine with a different bank... 

When i first got this enquiry from Holland i didn't think much of it but he was keen so i said to him if you want it you will have to pay for it in full then i will know your serious & he did. Shipping to be organised & paid by him & any other costs, the only thing i will do is drive the car to the port & hand it over to the shipping company 

It will be an interesting last drive as i love driving this car for the last 4 years... but onto the new one now the Darwin Targa will be registered soon...

Nice work with the fifty photos in Dropbox that details the condition of the car nicely.  That would give a "sight unseen" buyer a lot of confidence. 

I've learnt  something useful from you.

Is there a hidden message in the post above, Pete?

Are you preparing a Dropbox account for something we should know about???

Did you just use Carsales? Is that how the buyer saw your car?

I used Carsales, eBay, & Gumtree he messaged me via eBay & it started from there 

Nice work with the fifty photos in Dropbox that details the condition of the car nicely.  That would give a "sight unseen" buyer a lot of confidence. 

I've learnt  something useful from you.

Thanks.. I take photos of what i would like to see if i was buying, Its easy now days to upload photos & video of the car running to services like dropbox. I also describe the car the best way i can & include all the bad bits.. If the car is a good thing it will sell its self even if its not so desirable here in Aus.

Is there a hidden message in the post above, Pete?

Are you preparing a Dropbox account for something we should know about???

Nah Ronny.  I've pondered it but the practical issue is that I can't decide which one would go and would regret whatever I decided.  So no imminent C2 Corvette purchases in the wind.  Have compromised though and am buying a Ducati 996/998 shortly and decided I should then be content with what I have and get back to house renovations and travel. 

Nah Ronny.  I've pondered it but the practical issue is that I can't decide which one would go and would regret whatever I decided.  So no imminent C2 Corvette purchases in the wind.  Have compromised though and am buying a Ducati 996/998 shortly and decided I should then be content with what I have and get back to house renovations and travel. 

There's an old adage we shOuld all learn from Pete ....

If you don't fly first class, the kids will .....

So, buy that Corvette, and any other one you feel like ....

Just think what those little bastards will do with it and it will make you feel good about the purchase ... ^_^

Sorry for the thread hijack ... Peter won't talk to me unless it via the computer.

Archived