The unicorn

Hughesy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting with a windows out , interior out bare metal respray. 

Drooping engine to attend to minor leaks etc 

bilstein and sways as per JV911 recommendations 

new roof lining , carpet and rubber moulds 

and maybe one or two other little things 

Hopefully it will be rather special when all finished. 

65785E94-E9FD-45D7-B5C7-B2CA9D60FD51_zps

todays efforts. It's all in the preparation. 

Got a question for the brains trust.  

Did the sc come with the aerial on the guard or did they have it in the windscreen. I'm thinking of filling in the guard aperture. I like the cleaner look. New screen with aerial inbuilt is expensive but overall it doesn't break the bank. Existing screen has a bit of cloudiness at the bottom on drivers side 

your thoughts please 

Hughesy

5EDCA6DD-CEEA-4958-B8C6-BB321DFE3802_zps

found a spot of rust too. 

Got a question for the brains trust.  

Did the sc come with the aerial on the guard or did they have it in the windscreen. I'm thinking of filling in the guard aperture. I like the cleaner look. New screen with aerial inbuilt is expensive but overall it doesn't break the bank. Existing screen has a bit of cloudiness at the bottom on drivers side 

your thoughts please 

Hughesy

From what I understand, all Aussie delivered cars had the aerial on the guard. Apparently they were dealer drilled and fitted ....  not from the factory.

I can't comment on O/S cars though ... I would assume it differs from region to region .....

Keep the photos coming!  :D

No brains trust here but maybe a suggestion.

My '85 had the aerial embedded windscreen and aerial amplifier in place when I bought it but these had been bypassed when new with the dealer fitted "made for Australian conditions" mudguard fitted aerial.

My '94 has the aerial embedded windscreen with amplifier and the AM and FM reception is fine.

Hugesy,

Could I suggest you replicate the '94 setup in the Unicorn and maybe use the same aerial amplifier (964 645 173 00 according to my PET) since it's proven to work here?

After saying that I'm sure there are plenty of aftermarket aerial amplifiers that would work just fine too!  May be a chat with whoever you are buying your new stereo unit from may come up with some recommendations too. 

Archived