Beetle

Check the sale price of this 60 beetle! You watch Gumtree get flooded with beetles now. 'Rare rare rare 1960something beetle. One recently sold for $110k, so get in quick for this rusty iconic POS for just $50,000!' 

Its an insignificant 1960 beetle FFS! if it was a split window, I wouldnt be surprised, but a '60? Stupid, just bloody stupid

2016-03-14%2005.38.04.png

Check the sale price of this 60 beetle! You watch Gumtree get flooded with beetles now. 'Rare rare rare 1960something beetle. One recently sold for $110k, so get in quick for this rusty iconic POS for just $50,000!' 

Its an insignificant 1960 beetle FFS! if it was a split window, I wouldnt be surprised, but a '60? Stupid, just bloody stupid

2016-03-14%2005.38.04.png

hows the sale of your beetle going mate? ;) 

I had 4 Beetles as a kid over a period of about 6 years we had acreage in Sydney,s western suburbs and had our own paddock basher track .....we would pick them up for only a couple hundred dollars and drive them till we broke the car beyond the point of repair and just pick another one up cheap ,,,they are the reason I love 911,s so much and do have a real soft spot for the humble Bug ,so many good memory,s  ,,,my Daughter is due to start Driving in the next 18 months and I keep telling her she is getting a Beetle weather she likes it or not .........:D 

I've never had a beetle, or any VW for that matter, but I've always liked their simplicity.  I particularly like the VW Typ 3's.  My auntie had a beetle.  She used to take mum & I to the Barossa Valley to visit my grandma. That thing was a hoot. Noisy, smelly, rough, & freezing cold in winter.  One day she had it airborne over the railway crossing heading into Rowland Flat (SA people will know it). 

I started with a 63 beetle after I stopped bike racing in 05/06. Wanted a hot rod but couldnt afford one.

Then it was a succession of buying and flipping a few VW's, as I got bored easily. 56, 58 beetles, 70's T3 Squareback, 64 Type 3 Squareback (still love them) 61 Karmann Ghia, mostly all lowered, then lastly a rat 67 splitty Kombi which all brought me here to grace you all with my presence. A natural progression i to a Porsche I spose

purple car has wrx engine doesn't it?

Yep

I Like the look of that oval, would like to see/hear more about it..................

Stunning car. Quick too! Over to you Reub

I have a one owner (before me, my great uncle who bought it new) 1960 beetle that I need to put back together... looks like I'm sitting on another goldmine

1960 in Australia/Italy is a special 1 year only split tail-light too
f1es46rhdsjmlpnfcuyu.jpg

I also have a cabriolet bootlid for it, but that's probably a bit too fancy (nice oval there Reub!)

The humble Beetle , lol. 

Mark my words , if you stockpile old parts your superannuation is guaranteed , tax free. 

One reason I now own 3x60's Mercs. 2 of which will be driven in anger and with delight.

Mate of mine has 90 classic cars on site,  and another 10 elsewhere...he never pays more than 1k/car . Thus he has $ for a lifestyle as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived