Paddington barn find (kinda - more of a street find)

turboT

Those rear quarters are good. I would be happy with that. Galvanised, and nice and clean. No dodgy repairs, just neglect. Give it a coat of paint and it will be good as new.

Those rear quarters are good. I would be happy with that. Galvanised, and nice and clean. No dodgy repairs, just neglect. Give it a coat of paint and it will be good as new.

judging by the plastic on the seat I'm guessing the roof ain't so good ;) 

judging by the plastic on the seat I'm guessing the roof ain't so good ;) 

It's a non-sunroof car so not likely to leak.  My guess is the seats are the only clean parts and the plastic is to keep 'em that way.  Apart from the obvious paint flaws and weathering it looks pretty straight. Someone's got a good project starter car there. 

Hi All, the 911 is mine. I bought it from a forum member yesterday for less than the asking price (as you can see, it needs some serious cosmetic love).

I live a couple of streets away, but my wife doesn't know I bought it! So I've stashed it on the street she is least likely to walk down with our dog/toddler in the mornings. 

The body is very straight and no evidence of major rust. Interior is actually pretty good.  (The plastic bag appears to have been a gift from a mechanic many moons ago)

Motor isn't running, but I'm going to give it some new plugs, filters and oil tomorrow and hope for the best. 

Once it's running, I'll probably keep it looking a bit ratty for a little while as I tease out any other issues. Once she's sorted, I'll strip her down, taper her up, and spray her.

@turboT are you local? 

Cheers

Jono

Hi All, the 911 is mine. I bought it from a forum member yesterday for less than the asking price (as you can see, it needs some serious cosmetic love).

I live a couple of streets away, but my wife doesn't know I bought it! So I've stashed it on the street she is least likely to walk down with our dog/toddler in the mornings. 

The body is very straight and no evidence of major rust. Interior is actually pretty good.  (The plastic bag appears to have been a gift from a mechanic many moons ago)

Motor isn't running, but I'm going to give it some new plugs, filters and oil tomorrow and hope for the best. 

Once it's running, I'll probably keep it looking a bit ratty for a little while as I tease out any other issues. Once she's sorted, I'll strip her down, taper her up, and spray her.

@turboT are you local? 

Cheers

Jono

very local mate. Would love to meet the new owner. I am 84 Paddington street. Bunch of us meeting at the centennial on Thursday. We drink and dine and share many stories our wives have no idea about ;) love to see you there.

The wife thinks I'm building her a pool right now...

EE6734A3-E316-4858-B3DC-2B1D6D79EA03_zps

@turboT are you local? 

Cheers

Jono

Welcome Jono.  Good thing you jumped in, @hugh and @turboT would have it parted out by Tuesday ?

Wife doesn't know about it yet...that's going to get awkward.  

Welcome Jono, congratulations on the new purchase. 

I'm slightly confused as to why you need to park a car your wife doesn't know about a few streets away so she doesn't recognise it as the car she doesn't know you bought? :blink:

I'm sure you have a perfectly good reason! Best of luck with the new toy. 

I'm slightly confused as to why you need to park a car your wife doesn't know about a few streets away so she doesn't recognise it as the car she doesn't know you bought? :blink:

parking and smart wives are at a premium in Paddington Hugh. Any closer and she'd sniff it out for sure and be punishing Jono's credit card with like for like purchases...

One of you is going to get a REAL surprise when she dives in!!

factory sunroof ;) 

I see in your description you bought the infamous 959 replica??  Does the trouble and strife know about that one as well?

dinner dates off if that's true ? ?

parking and smart wives are at a premium in Paddington Hugh. Any closer and she'd sniff it out for sure and be punishing Jono's credit card with like for like purchases...

You Paddington players, I'll never understand! :lol:

have a long history of buying (very) unloved motorbikes (usually 70s Desmo Ducatis).  So much so, at my wedding, my best man said "if you ever see a motorbike parked on the street that looks like it is worth less than your shirt, then it's definitely Jono's".  My wife now has a keen eye for these things.... :)

Welcome Jono.  Good thing you jumped in, @hugh and @turboT would have it parted out by Tuesday ?

Wife doesn't know about it yet...that's going to get awkward.  

she also doesn't know about a horrific purple 959 convertible I bought a month ago. Underneath the fugly 959 lies a 1971 911E (6262 yellow). I've hidden it at my old man's place (next to his mint 85 Carerra) until I find a roof... And a workshop willing to do the work. Lucky i'm patient! :)

very local mate. Would love to meet the new owner. I am 84 Paddington street. Bunch of us meeting at the centennial on Thursday. We drink and dine and share many stories our wives have no idea about ;) love to see you there.

The wife thinks I'm building her a pool right now...

EE6734A3-E316-4858-B3DC-2B1D6D79EA03_zps

AWESOME!! I have been toying with the idea of a car lift at our place on Hargrave St. We have a 1.75 car garage with a massive studio space above it. Keen to see the end result. 

if I can get approval from the Mrs, I'll swing by the Centennial on Thursday night. Always great meeting new Porsche friends! :)

Archived