I don't think this one will last long

For  a series 2, looks well-priced for condition and colour combo. Actually, I don't see anything else on carsales at the moment that I'd consider buying if I was in the market for a NA.

The 220K kms on the odo is not a problem at all if the engine has been looked after (basically regular oil changes with proper oil), and general maintenance has been kept up, which it looks like it has.

Speaking of which, have you noticed that no series 1 ever seems to have done more than 200K kms? My goodness, many haven't even cracked the ton yet! :D

If I was getting a PPI, and compression/leakdown checked out OK, I'd have few reservations with this one.

Edited by Plugger2

If I was getting a PPI, and compression/leakdown checked out OK, I'd have have few reservations with this one.

A little harder than usual to organise given it's a bit of a drive out of Sydney but doable I suppose.

Speaking of which, have you noticed that no series 1 ever seems to have done more than 200K kms? My goodness, many haven't even cracked the ton yet! :D

The odometer gears do have a breaky habit .  Amazes me why they kept 5 digit odos for so long. Fair enough in a VW ;)

I sure would have jumped on this a few weeks ago - very reasonably priced if it looks as good in the flesh.  I did read though that they can be hard to source certain parts for due to scarcity of production numbers - right or wrong?

I sure would have jumped on this a few weeks ago - very reasonably priced if it looks as good in the flesh.  I did read though that they can be hard to source certain parts for due to scarcity of production numbers - right or wrong?

How's yours coming along?

How's yours coming along?

Spoke to Bruce Buchanan today. He said they are quite happy with its progress. (My wallet is sad with its progress though?).  Nothing to be done though as it was pretty sadly neglected.   I think it will be very good once Bruce is done.  I get it back in a week or so & get to drive it home.  I'll enjoy it 'ratrod style' for a while then when my financial heart has recovered I can then start to consider cosmetics. can't wait.

I don't know how I stuffed that up quote up.  (sorry Tingy),  bloody phones.

Edited by Jason E

Nothing scarce about the 88 NA. Maybe you're thinking of the 89 NA (2.7L), or the S?

Yep that looks great buying compared to whats on the market, '87 celebration model interior?

Yep that looks great buying compared to whats on the market, '87 celebration model interior?

How do you know it's lived there all it's life? Hardly hot in Brisbane geographically in the bottom 20th of QLD

Screenshot%20140_zpsxvhyp2ff.jpg

Don't sell Brissy short, those figures are not accurate!! BOM is the way to go.... those figures are all about 5 deg low http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/weatherData/av?p_nccObsCode=36&p_display_type=dataFile&p_startYear=&p_c=&p_stn_num=040913

Don't sell Brissy short, those figures are not accurate!! BOM is the way to go.... those figures are all about 5 deg low http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/weatherData/av?p_nccObsCode=36&p_display_type=dataFile&p_startYear=&p_c=&p_stn_num=040913

I posted average temps, you posted highest temps ... below is BOM lowest temps, average temps are about the same...

http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/weatherData/av?p_nccObsCode=38&p_display_type=dataFile&p_startYear=&p_c=&p_stn_num=040913