As I mentioned earlier, I must have missed it then. So if it's not a secret, how much?

second last line, of the first posting of the for  sale thread..im odd and also obtuse. :D

Im trying to avoid plugging my car, so wont put the link to the for sale thread here. Besides  I'll getting more hits this way

Edited by michel

second last line, of the first positing of the for  sale thread

You realise if I actually bother to go back and find the thread to look it up, I'm just going to post the number here. So why not just spit it out?

Edit: Unless, of course, you request I don't do that for some reason.

Edit2: The second last line of your for sale thread reads:

"25k as is with the new clutch, bearing pressure plate  and service parts etc, or more post Buchanan magic and minor body and paint correction."

Since you seem to have done the paint correction (I recall reading that later in the thread), I'm not seeing a price there. To be explicit, "more than 25K" doesn't actually count as an asking price, since (trivially) there are actually an infinite number of integers higher than 25K. Unless I'm still missing something here.

Do you actually have an up-to-date asking price, or are you satisfied with "hits" rather than an actual sale?

If so, GLWH.

Edited by Plugger2

You realise if I actually bother to go back and find the thread to look it up, I'm just going to post the number here. So why not just spit it out?

Edit: Unless, of course, you request I don't do that for some reason.

Edit2: The second last line of your for sale thread reads:

"25k as is with the new clutch, bearing pressure plate  and service parts etc, or more post Buchanan magic and minor body and paint correction."

Since you seem to have done the paint correction (I recall reading that later in the thread), I'm not seeing a price there. To be explicit, "more than 25K" doesn't actually count as an asking price, since (trivially) there are actually an infinite number of integers higher than 25K. Unless I'm still missing something here.

Do you actually have an up-to-date asking price, or are you satisfied with "hits" rather than an actual sale?

If so, GLWH.

its (literally) a work in progress, so if anyone really wants to discuss buying not just pricing then I am always open to the discussion and as some here and elsewhere could vouch. Nothing secret about the pricing nor the car itself. 

As this is a thread about the market, whats for sale and at how much its  listed and can it be justified thread with an occasional candid comment on real selling prices  and some good insights and not the for sale and not my for sale thread, I'm happy to take the conversation offline with any motivated party.

Otherwise  and until  the car has had its spit n polish and major service finished, I at least can see no point in continually reposting numbers. Its also likely once all has been completed, I may just joy ride in it for some time and reassess the whole sale palava later on.

Nothing secret about the pricing nor the car itself. 

Well, for a non-secret I'm finding it bloody difficult to discover what it is.

Perhaps there a new definition of "secret" to which I am not privy. A secret in itself, perhaps.

Or perhaps what you are really getting at with all this is that it is really "POA".

Fine. We all have an opinion about ads where the price is "POA", I suspect. My reflex is to look for the nearest barge pole.

But likely that's just me. GLWS.

Dear Plugger, if you'd  like to spend the 2.50 please make a call and have a proper discussion. I am odd I am obtuse, now just bored, cheers

edit :1.5 I'm learning to be a bigger man and I'll show you my other firm  cheek 

Edited by michel

Interestingly, I got a carsales alert on the Red 86 Turbo on carsales for $58,000. Still asking $58,000, couldn't see any other changes in the comments section, so what's with the alert?

I notice that a lot... some sort of time based thing I assume. I vaguely recall when I last sold a car that sat for a while I had to login / do something to make sure it stayed on there and didn't expire...so I've always assumed the timing relates to that...

I notice that a lot... some sort of time based thing I assume. I vaguely recall when I last sold a car that sat for a while I had to login / do something to make sure it stayed on there and didn't expire...so I've always assumed the timing relates to that...

Makes sense, perhaps it's just indicating the ad has been renewed.

Nice cab...that super cheap auto steering wheel is a questionable choice though :unsure:

So is that where is from. I didn't put it on, it's slightly smaller than original but I really like it. It's really nice to grip. Even has a little S2 sticker on the bottom spoke. 

So is that where is from. I didn't put it on, it's slightly smaller than original but I really like it. It's really nice to grip. Even has a little S2 sticker on the bottom spoke. 

It's an Autotecnica. I had one in my old S13...looks a bit tacky in a 944 though imho.

95bSde4.jpg

It's an Autotecnica. I had one in my old S13...looks a bit tacky in a 944 though imho.

I learnt something new today. Thanks very much. Was always wondering what make it was. Didn't see it on any other car. :D

I don't mind it... no better or worse than many momo models, imo. Actually, I've got a momo in my S2 because I found the stock late model 944 wheels are a bit skinny to grip, particularly when things get a bit "intense". I quite like it, but I suspect it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

One thing I did notice in the photo showing the steering wheel was there appeared to be quite a bit of distortion of the dash area above the wheel. Looks like there may be a new skin covering a damaged and uneven dash there? Looks like more uneveness than you would expect from simple sun exposure...

The cobalt blue really is a nice colour, though. It would interesting to see a coupe in that colour, if one could be found.

Edit: Perhaps unsurprisingly, googling "944 cobalt blue" throws up quite a few examples. Very nice in the coupe, too, imho.

Edited by Plugger2

I don't mind it... no better or worse than many momo models, imo. Actually, I've got a momo in my S2 because I found the stock late model 944 wheels are a bit skinny to grip, particularly when things get a bit "intense". I quite like it, but I suspect it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

One thing I did notice in the photo showing the steering wheel was there appeared to be quite a bit of distortion of the dash area above the wheel. Looks like there may be a new skin covering a damaged and uneven dash there? Looks like more uneveness than you would expect from simple sun exposure...

The cobalt blue really is a nice colour, though. It would interesting to see a coupe in that colour, if one could be found.

Edit: Perhaps unsurprisingly, googling "944 cobalt blue" throws up quite a few examples. Very nice in the coupe, too, imho.

Yeah I have a momo in my 944 as well...it's a lot more solid than the wheel I had in my s13 which was a bit too flexible for my liking.

+1 on the cobalt blue though, its a very nice colour.

What would you guys value a N/A, Auto 85.5 model in Slate Grey? It's in decent condition, around 170k's. Came across it and wouldn't mind the updated interior and auto for a daily commute. Seems like the autos are priced all over the shop.

I'd price an auto at about a $5K discount to a manual. So, given that a good overall condition manual series II (oval dash) are going betweem $15K-20K at the moment (e.g., the 1988 Mittagong manual 944 na), I'd say $10-15K for a tidy car in overall well-maintained condition.

A discount more than about $5K for an auto is unreasonable, as for $5K you can probably swap over an auto to a manual, and may even have change, depending. 

I would think more like a 40% discount on a manual. Whether you think it's right or wrong, the market shows the autos sit around for a long time. The pricing seems to be at around 20-30% less but they're not selling 

The cobalt blue really is a nice colour, though.

I went out to the car to "pick" at the dash. It certainly seems to be original and not a re-skin. But hey, I could be wrong. 

Yeah, I really like the Cobalt Blue. I saw a Cayman the other day with the same colour and it was fantastic. 

Are you buying another front engined car or spending up big on the other one?

Tingy to be very frank, I have not decided. But firstly this needs to sell, otherwise it's all just wishful thinking. I hate to spend money I don't have. 

I figure this thread will probably see the most relevant traffic for my request.

I'm currently starting a hunt for a 944 Turbo or S2 coupe after a few years out of the market. I'm most keen on red but will consider other colours.

I'm located in Brisbane but willing to travel Australia wide for the right car. My budget is ballpark $30k for the best possible car I can find.

Should you be aware of a suitable car I would love to hear from you. :) 

I must admit this is where I see @symsy s argument re financial member.... I think asking for help like this but not contributing financially is a little unfair

Fair point jldmelb. My financial member status has now taken effect. Now to find the car to put a PFA sticker on. :)

My budget is ballpark $30k for the best possible car I can find.

So, to be clear, do you have $30K to spend, and want the best car you can buy for $30K, or do you want to find a top example S2, and would prefer to pay $30K?

In other words, is your decision making process dollars first, then condition, or condition first, then dollars?

The reason I ask is that I suspect finding an S2 in top condition for $30K may be a tad optimistic in the current (apparently still rising) market.