Where best to list a 911 For Sale ?

So what thoughts do you all have on the various sites ( lets say Carsales , Drive and ...gulp.. Ebay )  any personal experiences ?

Its time for me to complete some other projects and therefore my take on a replica FIA  Group IV Tarmac Rally 911 will be looking for a new home.

Carsales seems to be the best, but I would always list it on ebay and gumtree just for the exposure. The latter 2 will always produce the most tyre kickers but in turn will get it seen by the most people and might just capture the attention of someone not specifically looking for it.

Carsales seems to be the best, but I would always list it on ebay and gumtree just for the exposure. The latter 2 will always produce the most tyre kickers but in turn will get it seen by the most people and might just capture the attention of someone not specifically looking for it.

sound advice.  Gumtree is free so why not as well?

Maximum spread is the key.  Ask TurboT - we all know his silver 930 is for sale and afaik not even listed yet.

if you put it up on carsales make sure you're wearing your thick skin 'cause some folks on here will pick the shit out of your advert

if you put it up on carsales make sure you're wearing your thick skin 'cause some folks on here will pick the shit out of your advert

you should be safe from the wrath of the PFA'ers if don't shout in capitals, include more than a one sentence description, pitch it at a reasonable price, and include plenty of high quality photographs.

you should be safe from the wrath of the PFA'ers if don't shout in capitals, include more than a one sentence description, pitch it at a reasonable price, and include plenty of high quality photographs.

or write in the ad that any whiney PFA bitches will not be tolerated.

OMG what a wanker.  It's a 928! And look at dem wheels whine whine bitch bitch etc.  Not worth a penny more than $3.50.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4138944?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

that's lame...the raconteurs on this thread that regularly feel the need to rate the prose and quality of photos used in adverts can do much better than that.

that's lame...the raconteurs on this thread that regularly feel the need to rate the prose and quality of photos used in adverts can do much better than that.

Well given the OP mostly has his answer, maybe the thread can be re-purposed and the raconteurs can each have a turn of critiquing the ad for our amusement.  I'm assuming this ad isn't from a PFA member and if it is my apologies on behalf of the forum.

Royal 'we'.

the Russian royal family is dead - be careful

OMG what a wanker.  It's a 928! And look at dem wheels whine whine bitch bitch etc.  Not worth a penny more than $3.50.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4138944?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

you know it wouldn't take much to turn that back into a period correct cool car - the wanker wheels are polarising and probably put most people off. Early manual 928 with tweed trim (assuming it's original) is retro cool in a late 70s Carley Simon kind of way.....phone dials, s4 spoiler delete.....not a lot of sweat or dollars to do that

Archived